LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tony - 2010 LTX Shootout?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Density
More East or South and there definatley wont be any West coast guys there. But there really is no medium for location, everybody wants the race to be held in their front lawn.

Good Luck.
This is true...at least if you move it different people will have a chance to show up...the LSX shootout has a good turn out in memphis...
Old 08-07-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I want it in my backyard so I can watch in my pajamas.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need to start doing the monthly thing at Crandall like we used to do in Ennis a few years back! I miss those days!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JB_97ws6TA
If you want more West Coast LTs to show up why would you move it further east? I was on the fence about going last year but money became an issue, moving it further away I am sure money will be a concern again this year.
It is hard to cater to the West when no-one showed up from there in the last two years. Try to understand our view of it as well. If we can move it and get more participation it is better for the event.

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 08-07-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do it in chicago, it's the mid-west and it's damn near in the middle of the west and east coast. Not to mention we have one of the best tracks at Route 66 raceway. that may just me because I live in chicago, but it makes sense as long as it is near the summer time
Old 08-07-2009, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
It is hard to cater to the West when no-one showed up from there in the last two years.
i dont think it makes sense to cater to us either, just dont expect many to show up. i woulda made it out but ended up having to work without an option. Bandimere in CO is a great track, but it is at 5xxx ft elevation.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

I think what Tony is trying to do is bring it closer to the people who actually showed up and hopes more from those areas will show up if it is even closer than before. Since no west coasters showed, it appears more East coasters are shooting for the events...at least from what I gather. I live in south Florida...nothing is close to me. Hell, I think it should be held at PBIR in Palm Beach Florida, it's a brand new track too. But that will pretty much eliminate 3/4 of the country :-p Anyway, I agree about Maryland as one...looked very nice and track prep seemed pretty good from what I saw. Also Virginia has a good, decent prepped track as well.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Memphis would be cool...Or GIR @ St.Louis..
Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
8 Second Club

I don't see anyone from Texas or Illinios (The top attendee's) traveling to the east coast [Maryland/Virginia/Jersey]to attend the shootout .It should stay centralized til more support is shown for the race by BEING THERE not just saying you'd come.JMO
Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Teching In

How about Tulsa?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

I agree Chris. I had a great time at the shootout and can't wait till next year but I'm only willing to drive so far.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

I would love to attend a 3rd, 4th, 5th event. I think we should keep it central as well to the people who have showed support.

There are to many excuses about cars not ready.. getting cracking earlier.

There are too many excuses about not being able to get off work.. give some notice and take some time off.

no money...**** most of us are broke, but you live once and need to enjoy life

I had a great time for the 2nd year and we had 6 cars this time around. We will be glad to represent again, but there is more support needed. I know you guys are all out there, so start saving, wrenching and planning to make it no matter what date it is.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

I hear the West coast guys saying they want it closer to Cali, well I hate to break it to you, but after moving to the west from the east, I can see why there is no reason to have it move westward. I see about 1/8 of the LTX cars out here and maybe a 1/4 4th Gens overall compared to the Eastern side, not to mention no Goats, and few Vettes. It has always seemed to me like the closer you got to Detroit the more muscle there is. Michigan and Ohio are packed full of LTX and LSX cars. Texas area is a big one too and I'd be dumb not to mention the southern boys. Motorsports just dont seem like as big of a deal out here. The tracks here suck, are at 4500ft, and people are more worried about how far they can get the wheels outside the fenders than has fast it goes. Plus, I went to the John Deere parts counter the other day and starting asking about truck/tractor pulls in the state and the guy goes "Whats a tractor pull?!"

Now, unfortunately I live toward the West coast, but even though it would be against my best interest I say move it more eastward. Try to get it somewhere where hotels are plentiful and reasonably priced. Also having a place alternative attractions for the family would probably encourage some folks to make the trip.

Most people are just lazy when it comes to getting days off, but I seriously have no say -Uncle Sam- has the final word and the last year he said no.

Dallas wouldnt be bad...

-Dustin-
Old 08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
I would love to attend a 3rd, 4th, 5th event. I think we should keep it central as well to the people who have showed support.

There are too many excuses about not being able to get off work.. give some notice and take some time off.

I had a great time for the 2nd year and we had 6 cars this time around. We will be glad to represent again, but there is more support needed. I know you guys are all out there, so start saving, wrenching and planning to make it no matter what date it is.
Totally agree. I was dead broke and had tons of issues and did everything possible to make it with the help of Larry and Speedinc!. I had a ******* blast and want to make everyone from now on. No matter where it is, but some of the places stated are just not possible for most.
IL is a perfect middle spot for all, has alot of racers and tons of tracks
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

i should be there this year, as long as it dont get farther! dallas would be awesome for me! lol! but i think centalized is the most fair tho,
Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

TX would be bad ***. I am always in austin, pretty much every weekend since my gf attends UT.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Launching!

Not to make another "In my backyard" post, but has anybody thought of ORP in Indianapolis? Its fairly central for most guys. Close for the Chicago guys, but not on the other side of the US for the Texas guys. Nice track with a long shutdown for the really fast guys (longer than I'm used to anyways). If nothing else, just get a map of the US, and pick the center out, and a 100 mile radius and pick a track. Just a thought.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by green95vert
If nothing else, just get a map of the US, and pick the center out, and a 100 mile radius and pick a track. Just a thought.
If you did that, it would be Memphis or Gateway in St louis
Old 08-08-2009, 03:13 AM
11 Second Club

Dallas would be cool. Always wanted to run there. But I am biased. It is in my back yard.

Mec
Old 08-08-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED

Hey I had an excuse for not having my car there... but my *** showed up! I watched and paid money to get in!

Quick Reply: Tony - 2010 LTX Shootout?