LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Won't be running in the B.C. highschool drags :(:(

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't be running in the B.C. highschool drags :(:(

Well, i am basically complaining..i was at the movies and after the movie i pulled out of the parking lot..it was gravell...traction control was off and i kinda pushed the gas....and my friends BLACk 93 corrado was beside me...well i showered him with rocks...well kinda there are 5 rock chips and him and i went to the body shop...a touch up would be abour 310 canadian dollars...well he opted for me to pay for him to get the whole ******* passenger side to be painted even though the painter thinks it's a waste i have to fork up 800 bucks tomorrow so i won't get into any legal trouble..i am soo pissed cuz he has seatbelt marks in his sideskirt and everything and he blamed it all on me even the the edjuster told him it wasn't from me....so basically i am almost gunna be broke cuz i have to pay for cell phone and inurance every month....So this means no heads or cam for me which also means i wouldn't be competitive in the highschool classes...so i am not gunna bother to race...i really fucked up...thanks for reading...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so did he file a police report or call an insurance company?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Nah, he's just gunna charge me 800 bucks to get the side of the car painted...
Old 08-13-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not much of a friend in my opinion. Show him your great friendship by not paying for **** since he didn't file a report.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

thats very jerk of him to make you pay the more expensive option... FTP!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't pay for a damn thing.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree he has no police proof it was you, or an insurance claim. tell him to kiss your *** you arent paying ****. and **** it run in the HS class anyway. when is it? i could make a trip up to canada/US line this weekend with my 383 in the back of my truck and meet you on my side all you would need it a crank and youll be competetive. if you do pay it your a good man. but its bullshit hes your supposed FRIEND and hes gonna try to **** you over. im sorry to hearbout it. good luck on everything
Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tell him to EAD imo, he wants to act like a ***** then he won't have any body work done
Old 08-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Launching!

Don't do it. If the ADJUSTER even told told him that it wasn't you and the guy at the body shop said it would be a waste, keep your money. Offer for touch up and no more. If he wants to paint the whole side, tell him he has to pay the difference.

Pretty much what it will go down to is either he will try to sue you and in that case you'll most likely win since _his_ ADJUSTER told him that it wasn't you and since an experienced individual that does body work could probably easily show that you didn't do the rest of the damage, just a few scratches that would just need to be touched up.

Don't let him bully you. He doesn't sound like much of a friend if he is trying to get you to pay close to 1000$ to paint one side of his car.

There's no police report either so it'll just come down to you telling your side and possibly having experts come in then him telling his side (potentially lying.) He will look bad if he says that you caused the side skirt problems, and then if the adjuster / bodyman say there is NWIH that you caused those. The judge will rule in your favor because he lied, and you might not have to pay ****! So only pay the 300 for touch up if you are moral like that - if you think that you should repair the damage you caused. Otherwise, I would say you could probably get away with not paying anything at all. Again since you guys are young, he might not even try to sue because it costs money to file generally and he might think it not to be worth it. Stop hanging out with him, he sounds like a real *******.

Don't pay him.
Don't pay him.
Don't pay him.

Sorry, don't really know how it works in Canada but here in the States that is how it works. I don't know if you can be hauled off to jail for failure to pay a civil suit and I don't know how the burdens of proof work, but US law is based off British common / case law generally so it might be similar. Down here all they can do is garnish your wages and order you to pay, it is very hard to collect sometimes.

Good luck bro and if he tries to sue you don't hesitate to contact a lawyer
Old 08-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Village Troll

Received 520 Likes on 376 Posts

You are not legally responsible for paying for the damage if he didn't file a report. If you feel you need to pay for damages tell him to take it up w/ your ins. company. If not, as stated, tell him to EAD.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** that guy!!! He isnt your friend and hes trying to screw you. I dont think he can do **** about rock chips. That **** can happen anytime anywhere. Now if you hit his car with yours its a different story. I would tell him you will pay to fix the chips since your a nice guy and friend but you wont have his whole truck painted.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

You are an idiot if you pay to have the whole side painted.

He is just trying to take advantage of the situation.

Frankly, if I had a piece of **** car like that and my friend left some rock chips in it, I wouldn't give two *****.

He has no proof you did all that damage. The only thing you admitted to is to what the painter said would be $310 to fix. Therefore the $310 is ALL you have to pay.

If he is going to let his selfishness ruin your friendship, hes not worth your time either way
Old 08-13-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That person does not have the choice to have the most expensive option either! If it was me i would only pay for the damage that i did......Besides if you two are really friends he would not have tried to pull some crap like that, not a very nice position to be in BTW how old are you two? Sounds like a situation where your parents need to be in contact with his.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 on not paying him ****. A TRUE friend would let you do the minimal if anything at all. **** happens.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't pay him if he didn't file a police report
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Kick him in the ***** and lay the 310 next to him and walk away.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Kick him in the ***** and lay the 310 next to him and walk away.

^^ That works
Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 AM
ADM
TECH Resident

**** on a 100$ note, and then wrap it with the rest of the 210$, put it in a box and mail it to him.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

I'm 18 so im an adult...knowing him i have to pay the 800 no question...it's gay...i'm like why not the touch up and he was like it looks like ****..so i was like w.e...if i get 1 more tivket my licence is gone so w.e....so basically im gunna pay him 800 for the whole ******* side of the car..and i think he's gunna be an assshole then file an insurance claim also..but if he does that i can just go and sue him for my 800 dollars back...so basically i have 4.37 on my bank accoutn right now
Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell him to get his money from the city. DON'T PAY A GODDAMN DIME! If there was loose gravel how is that your fault?

Quick Reply: Won't be running in the B.C. highschool drags :(:(