LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

WTF Is my Problem?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation WTF Is my Problem?!?!

ok afew weeks ago i noticed that under high rpms for awhile and i give it the gas it would bog down and backfire abit. i thought it was low fuel psi being that i have a tune on my cammed lt1 and a stock 167k mile pump/fuel regulator/ and injectors. so i changed out my fuel pump with a walboro 255 and it Still did the same thing. ok i said, its the FPR. so i changed that out just now and it still does the same thing! im trying to find a fuel pressure guage to hook up to the rail and check it there. the symptoms of it now is very long starts and a rough idle at times. and whenever i get over 3k or so with any kind of gas it bogs down and loses all of its power. i fear its my optispark. is there anyway to check that ? i really need suggestions the cars my D and i cant waste time trying to fix it.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Rotor could be loose
here is how to check the opti but Im not sure if it will work since the car still runs?
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#opti_test
Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Testing the fuel pressure under load at WOT will eliminate a fuel pressure issue.
It could be anything in your ignition system...plugs/wires/coil/opti.
Any codes?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

i cant even get the car to WOT it completely ***** up. i dont have a scanner nor knows anyone with one. im going to say its ignition related because my friend had reminded me about arcing and sure enough. i have afew wires that are arcing! not alot but enough to see it. that and my accel coil is doing abit of a light show. i feel so stupid for not checking that sooner. im going to buy msd everything tonight and hopefully have it all set up next week. ill keep it updated
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

well seems you figured it out! Let us know!