Bad o2 sensor...where the heck is bank 2 sensor 2 located? Thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is that the one above the starter
Old 08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bank 2 is passenger side, bank 1 is driver side, Sensor 1 is before the cat, sensor 2 is after.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell its a obd2 car. i didnt see that
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hiz, I just saw your other post about this. Just follow your y-pipe on the passenger side. You will find the o2 sensor somewhere between the back of the catalytic converter and the place where the y-pipes come together. If it's rusted it may look like it is welded on but it's not. It sticks out of the pipe about 2-3 inches long and has some wires covered in fabric going into it.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i kinda got the same problem, im just wondering how you are suppose to get to it to wrench on it, if u can get a wrench there, you can't turn it
Old 08-22-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheTransporter69
i kinda got the same problem, im just wondering how you are suppose to get to it to wrench on it, if u can get a wrench there, you can't turn it
I recently changed my front sensors, above the cats. Driver side was a tight fit, but I got to it. They make special o2 sensor sockets that are long like a spark plug socket but have a slot up the side for the wire to slide into. I used a crow-foot sensor socket on the driver side. And yes, you will need a breaker bar to break them loose. The heating and cooling and rust tend to seize them up pretty good. On the passenger side, I use a straight o2 socket, but had to get 4 10" rachet extensions and a swivel. Put the swivel on the socket, then attach your extensions to each other and to the swivel. Slide the extensions down between the alternator and fenderwell and get the socket good and tight on the sensor. You will have to fiddle with it to get it on. Let your extension rest against the battery. Then put your breaker bar on the other end of the extension, and PULL LIKE HELL!!! You might want to put something over your fender to pad it so that when the sensor breaks loose, your don't scratch your fender with the breaker bar.

The day before you try to remove them, soak them with some wd40 or pb blaster. And when you get ready to remove them, they say it helps to let the car run a little. Don't get the exhaust scorching hot, but get the pipes warmed up some. I personally removed mine with the pipes cold, but that is what I have heard.

But the rear sensors are easy to get to. Should have a problem back there, except for breaking them loose.

Quick Reply: Cant find bank 2 sensor 2 on my 97 z28 m6