LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 fuel pump hotwire/harness upgrade kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 fuel pump hotwire/harness upgrade kit

What's up guys, I've got my LS1/TH400 in my 93 (previously v6) Camaro body. My kit to upgrade the fuel pump wiring/alternator came in along with my LT1 fuel pump from Nasty Performance.

I wanted to check with you guys first before I do this, I just want to make sure I do this correctly.

I know half of how to hook it up, hoping someone can school me on the other half:

1. Red wire that goes to the alternator's big terminal.

2. Plug that goes into the stock plug that has a purple, grey, and black wire
coming out of it, at the rear of the car.

3. Any idea what that might be/where/what it connects to?

4. Relay that just gets mounted somewhere on the car's sheet metal.

5. Any idea what that might be/where/what it connects to?

This wiring harness's part number is 102151. The instructions are not much help, so I just want to make sure I'm doin this right. Thanks for any help/advice
Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks similar to the Racetronix setup.
http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX.../Dcp_1169a.jpg

Check out the link it has pictures where it all plugs in.
http://www.racetronix.com/RX-FLT1-FPKG-2.html
Old 08-28-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the links, the racetronix kit is close but not exactly the same. This may sound like a stupid question, but does the relay (#4 in the pic above) take the place of the stock fuel pump relay???
Old 08-31-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

The harness you have is for an aftermarket external fuel pump OR internal stock-like pump.

The wires are as follows:

1) To + at battery. Note: black above it to negative at battery as well. (Actually, thier instructions may want you to attach the + directly to the alternator, thus giving the pump a 1-2v boost. Unless you are supercharged/nitrous you are well off by putting it at the battery +.)

2) To stock pump bulkhead connector above the fuel filter.

3) To stock pump connector you unplugged for #2.

4) Bolt that bolt that is to the left of the connector for #2.

5) For use with an external pump.

Now, the key is you use EITHER #3 or #5, not both.

For #3 you have a stock-style in-tank replacement. If that is the case you disconnect the connector for #5 and tuck that away after sealing it up.

For #5 you have an external pump, which you use the red for + and black for - on. If this is the case you do NOT use #3 and you seal it up and tuck it out of the way.

You NEED to hookup #2, and no, it does not replace the stock fuel pump relay, as it uses it to trigger it's own relay to activate. There is just much less current going through the stock one, so it should last much longer.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
The harness you have is for an aftermarket external fuel pump OR internal stock-like pump.

The wires are as follows:

1) To + at battery. Note: black above it to negative at battery as well. (Actually, thier instructions may want you to attach the + directly to the alternator, thus giving the pump a 1-2v boost. Unless you are supercharged/nitrous you are well off by putting it at the battery +.)

2) To stock pump bulkhead connector above the fuel filter.

3) To stock pump connector you unplugged for #2.

4) Bolt that bolt that is to the left of the connector for #2.

5) For use with an external pump.

Now, the key is you use EITHER #3 or #5, not both.

For #3 you have a stock-style in-tank replacement. If that is the case you disconnect the connector for #5 and tuck that away after sealing it up.

For #5 you have an external pump, which you use the red for + and black for - on. If this is the case you do NOT use #3 and you seal it up and tuck it out of the way.

You NEED to hookup #2, and no, it does not replace the stock fuel pump relay, as it uses it to trigger it's own relay to activate. There is just much less current going through the stock one, so it should last much longer.
THANK YOU. I got under there and wired it up, no problems. I didn't know it integrated in with the factory wiring so I was confused for a while. I appreciate the info; I'm good to go now, thanks!

Quick Reply: LT1 fuel pump hotwire/harness upgrade kit