LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stalled autp guys come in..

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stalled autp guys come in..

OK so after years of running a cam LT1 car and a stock converter i finally got my hands on a fuddle 3400.. I'm wondering what kinds of gains i can expect from going from a stock converter to the stall... And what is the best way to launch with it???
Old 09-10-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 94LTZ
OK so after years of running a cam LT1 car and a stock converter i finally got my hands on a fuddle 3400.. I'm wondering what kinds of gains i can expect from going from a stock converter to the stall... And what is the best way to launch with it???
With a cam you could see more then half a second at the track. It will feel like a whole new car, and feel a TON faster.

Best launch depends on your suspension. If you have the rear and mods to dead hook then you might get the best results just punching it an flashing the stall off the line. With my 3200 fuddle my best times were foot braking it to right before wheelspin, then rolling into the gas.

Put it on ASAP!!! Fuddles run a bit looser then similarly rated stalls. Your city mpg will go down, and it will feel a bit lazy during idle crawls, but once you drop the hammer you'll love it.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't gain **** till I got some drag radials. If anything I lost time due to the extra spin on street tires
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Smokinlt1
I didn't gain **** till I got some drag radials. If anything I lost time due to the extra spin on street tires
x2 I actually think it slower because you have to feather it from a dead stop. I did notice a SOTP difference traveling about 40ish and then putting the pedal to metal.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like mentioned, in order to fully reap the benefits of a higher stall you need perfect traction.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Best rpm to launch will really depend on the stall and car. For me I launch best at around 1000-1200 rpm.

Before you stick that Fuddle in your car I suggest you do some research on here of that company and all the problems/horror stories they created for people and the poor quality of their products. They do have some happy customers as well so I'm not bashing them just trying to make you aware that's all.

Like said above you will need tires but a stall is good for a half second many times with traction.

EDIT:
Just an example of what I'm talking about, just hate seeing people get bad quality stalls:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...-good-bad.html
The Fuddle is just like the TCI in here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...education.html

Last edited by StealthFormula; 09-11-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stealth makes a good point. You might want to research a little before putting it in. Is the converter new or used?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Please do some reasearch of your own - fuddle stalls are absolutely nothing like the TCI article linkes. They are LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of TCI restalled stocker junk. They have the same billet cover, huge clutch, great warranty, etc as bigger brand stalls do.

I am on my third fuddle(all by choice) and all have been stellar performers...beating the times of cars with more mods and "better" parts. My car pulled low 1.6x 60's on drag radials with a baby cam and crappy heads with a 3200 fuddle lvl 2 and stock salad shooters. If I went to weld fats/skinnies I am sure it would have been high 1.5s.

Don't join the sheeple bashing of products that 99% of the people who complain about have ZERO experience with.

The problem with fuddle was with customer service while the owner was sick - NOT the quality. They are now under new management as you can see by their website, and have fixed their customer service issues while still giving you a great stall at a great price.

I still place them under brands like Yank since they eat up more hp on a dyno and run hotter, but they are way ahead of junk like TCI and B&M. Honestly a lot of the problems I have seen were from LSX noobs spraying and attempting WOT lockup on the little cheap level 1 or level 2 stalls, which are not made for that at all. That causes the lockup clutch to fail, and all of a sudden it is the stalls fault "lol". More then one person in the fuddle thread linked admitted to it being the "lowest cost one" that gave problems.

BTW even when I was still on street tires my times improved while maintaining the same crappy 60's. There is more then just the launch rpm from a stall, the shift extension is AWESOME and your rpm's won't drop as much between gears anymore.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

BTW they lost their sponsorship because of the extended period of HORRIBLE customer service, so just bringing them up now is likely to get a word from a NaziTech mod.

They are under new management though so who knows :shrug:.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

OK so i just got the converter in and god damn this thing woke the hell up.. traction is a myth and i'm loving it.. Next mod will be tires and some LCA's with relo.. To be honest i've done my research and this was the stall i wanted and just happen to get lucky and find a used one for a great price cause the guy went to a 6 speed.. So who ever wants to bash fuddle can but i'm happy as hell...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you haven't already get some 3.73 gears.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Lol got em man.. I'm pretty much a fullo bolt on re built cammed head work stalled and geared
Old 09-11-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 94LTZ
OK so i just got the converter in and god damn this thing woke the hell up.. traction is a myth and i'm loving it.. Next mod will be tires and some LCA's with relo.. To be honest i've done my research and this was the stall i wanted and just happen to get lucky and find a used one for a great price cause the guy went to a 6 speed.. So who ever wants to bash fuddle can but i'm happy as hell...
Glad you decided to give it a try and like it