LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Really Stupid Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really Stupid Question

This is a bit of a stupid question,but I'm not completely sure on it.I was wondering how you guys do those really long burnouts?Do you just push on the brake and floor it?If so,wouldn' that really hurt the brakes?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2003, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming you have an A4.

Hold the brake, drop gear to neutral (this allows you to further clamp the brakes) and press down on the accelerator past 1800 RPM (stock RPM stall) The tires will begin to spin, push it more for more tire spin and more smoke. Avoid hitting high RPM, keeping it around 2000-3000 should be enough.

It doesn't put too much of a strain on the brakes as much as the rear. Don't go crazy, but once in a while a burnout is nice and healthy for your F-Body
Old 11-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Teching In

How would you do it for a manual?Also,you said it would hurt the back brakes more.How much more?Like really bad,or just warm them up a bit?How long can I expect my brakes to last doing this?
Old 11-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Staging Lane

You can also ease off the brakes a little allowing the car to move after you get them spinning, this is where all those 200ft black marks come from.
With a stick you turn your right foot sideways and use it to hold the brake and gas it, get the rpm's up a little and let out on the clutch, keep the brakes down and shift when needed.

P.S. don't tell your dad we told you.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by $hum99
With a stick you turn your right foot sideways and use it to hold the brake and gas it, get the rpm's up a little and let out on the clutch, keep the brakes down and shift when needed.

P.S. don't tell your dad we told you.
I think I'm going to need practice with this.So,you push the clutch in,then with your right foot sideways,push down the brake and give gas.Then let the clutch out with foot still on gas and brakes?Next,shifting;that sounds like it is going to be really hard.But shifting won't really be needed right?Unless I go into high rpm's right?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

Practice makes perfect but will probably kill your clutch
Old 12-02-2003, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shum please don't ever do that to your car. I ripped my back pads off with the twisted right foot trick. To do it properly roll on the clutch totally out. push brake slightly with left foot. Compensate with some gas so you don't stall then liberally apply gas and your sitting perfectly still ripping them without the rear waggin all over the place.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

or try redlining it, dropping the clutch, and quickly hit the breaks. youll lunge forward a bit untill you stop, but ive only done that on my truck just before i was planning on replaceing the clutch.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Here's the burnout I did in my 6spd. "Heel Toe Action" is what I like to call it. Heel on the brake, toe on the gas. Left foot you use for the clutch. The video kicks ***!@!!

Quick Reply: Really Stupid Question