LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

GMMG Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GMMG Review

Last time I posted I said I'd post a review of this exhuast once I got it and I just remembered lol so here we go.

Car: 1994 Z28 Camaro A4
Idle: At idle when its cold it can be loud but its a good loud and when it warms up it gets a little quieter.
Cruising: When your not on the gas hot doggin it its fairly tame. at 45mph its quiet when your barely on it. at 65mph you get a little more cabin noise and you hear this cool decel sound everytime you let off the gas.
Accel: Easy acceleration its not too loud but when its starts get up to 2000ish rpm's the sound starts coming alive. On the inside its a pretty nice roar and the higher the rpms the sounds seems to smooth out. I love it.

Some misc things about this exhaust. After the install, it was higher on one side then the other but its no big deal and can be fixed easily. If you keep the car in gear and tach it over 2500+ rpm then let off the gas then slightly apply it you hear this popping sound it might be back pressure but im not sure but it also sounds pretty cool. Overall I would recommend this exhaust if you were interested in it. It can be quiet and loud when you want it to be and plus its stainless.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As soon as you put on long tubes and an ory you won't like it as much. I was in love with mine till I got my td's. At 70 with the cruise set my duals are quiter than the gmmg was with the ory and headers. To each is own though. I'm glad you like it. Enjoy!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
As soon as you put on long tubes and an ory you won't like it as much. I was in love with mine till I got my td's. At 70 with the cruise set my duals are quiter than the gmmg was with the ory and headers. To each is own though. I'm glad you like it. Enjoy!!!
Hey thanks man, Watching your video you posted a long time ago when you first got it had me interested in it. But long tubes unfortunately wont happen in the future maybe MAC or RKSport Mids but thats bout it and keeping the cat too need to pass emissions but ill keep that in mind though just in case
Old 10-25-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem. Yeah, cats would keep it sounding good but I don't need them here so I just decided to go with duals. Oh well and now that I'm almost done with school I'll probably end up moving to a state with emissions, lol. I'm glad you like it and its by far the best sounding with manifolds and cats.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

My old car had LT's with GMMG and it was the best sounding LT1 I ever heard IMO. Many of my friends felt the same. Wait till you put some headers on there, you will love it! I don't think I've ever gotten so many compliments on my exhaust and I've ran several setups on both my LT1's.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:40 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I like the way my GMMG sounds with long tubes and ory. I'm looking forward to actually driving it someday.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Yea I'm actually curious to see how the headers will change the sound have any of you heard It with different size headers like short of mid? and StealthFormula yea Ive listen to your videos on youtube :o there amazing and BTC how come you haven't driven your car lately?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:31 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by LT1 Z/28
BTC how come you haven't driven your car lately?
My car sat in storage for about seven years. I got it out of storage and started working on getting it running again about 2-3 years ago. The car is in Kentucky, on jackstands, and I currently live in Michigan. I only get to work on it when I'm home a few times a year, and have been able to afford to buy some parts. Sitting is really hard on a car, and the parts seem to be pretty frickin' expensive. The fuel pump I put in it a couple of years ago seems to have already gone bad, so that needs to be replaced. I'm also going to replace the sending unit the next time I change the pump as the gauge has quit working. I also want to do brakes, wheels, some body work, have it repainted and address various other things that need to be fixed. It should be in excellent shape by the time I'm 60.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BTC
My car sat in storage for about seven years. I got it out of storage and started working on getting it running again about 2-3 years ago. The car is in Kentucky, on jackstands, and I currently live in Michigan. I only get to work on it when I'm home a few times a year, and have been able to afford to buy some parts. Sitting is really hard on a car, and the parts seem to be pretty frickin' expensive. The fuel pump I put in it a couple of years ago seems to have already gone bad, so that needs to be replaced. I'm also going to replace the sending unit the next time I change the pump as the gauge has quit working. I also want to do brakes, wheels, some body work, have it repainted and address various other things that need to be fixed. It should be in excellent shape by the time I'm 60.
LOL damn Im sorry to hear that hopefully you get it running soon and all fixed up. You have any pictures of it?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:07 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

We had it running pretty good until the fuel pump went out. I don't have any pics, but it's a Quasar Blue '94 hard top with a six speed. I had the windows limo tinted right after I bought it. It was pretty sharp, and will be again someday. I think the black hardtop looks really good with the limo tint. Whenever I get wheels, I think I want some that are solid, shiny black.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

O wow Quasar Blue? my first camaro was a Quasar Blue 95 v6 vert. IMO thats the best color offered for the early 4th gen i love it. I can Imagine how nice it must look I still wish I could drive mine around but unfortunately it got wrecked :/ and yea some shiny black wheels or TT2 would look great on it with that limo tint to back it up
Old 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

I also had a Quasar Blue '85 IROC that I ultimately ended up trading for the '94. It was sharp as heck for its day, but was a borderline piece of junk. I probably could have had it lemoned, but I was young, stupid and loved how it looked. The '94 was a huge improvement from a quality standpoint.

Quick Reply: GMMG Review