LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

'96 Z28 A4 Vert. bolt-ons new best @ATCO

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmanGS
Thanks! The 4.10's work great with the 26" tires. The SS3600 with the 4.10's is a nice match on the street as well. I know others say that 3.73's are the way to go with the A4's but I'm sold on the 4.10's! I'm not 100% sure on the trap RPM's but I can say after crossing the markers the tach reads about 5900 RPM's. I was unable to data log it that day. I know the calculators say I should be around 5500-5600 RPM's and I think my stock tach could be off some. I did dyno tune it and the guy who tunes it was at the track that day and we were going to play with shift points, timing , etc. but he forgot his cable. I was wondering how many degrees total timing most guys are running?
yea everyone i have talked to has been steering me away from the 4.10's but then agian when i got my 3600 the majority were steering me away from that big of a stall too. seeing ur results and how much u enjoy the gears im convinced.

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
nice results for the setup

I find with my Yank the harder I foot break it the harder it 60's..even though my Yank sucks as stated in this thread going 1.40 60ft on HP.
yea my yank SS3600 was the worst piece of crap i ever spent money on
Old 10-28-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Um, what?
Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
lol this is a pretty idiotic statement lol you clearly know little about the bolt on game in the LT1 world.

edit: and IMO the SS3600 is an amazing converter. i have 0 regrets.
Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
My thoughts exactly. . Sure you CAN get a decent 60 ft without an asston of power, but the car is going to be really setup suspension wise and probably a good bit of weight reduction. We are talking about a stock suspension, bolt on lt1 here, not a heads/cam ls1. I guess he's implying a car won't launch any harder with more power. . hmmm I wonder why all those nitrous guys have great 60fts. .
So what you are telling me is that the Lt1 is different than any other type of stalled a4, not just a H/C ls1. I am not comparing it to just what my car does, I was using that as a reference.
He makes power, enough to cut a very good 60', especially better than what he is cutting in that kind of DA.
300Rwhp can net you 1.5s in that knd of DA, even on an Lt1 that is apparently different than anything else.
You don't need weight reduction, there are plenty of full weight cars that properly setup will 60' killer. And yes, suspension does help a LOT, I have full suspension (-drag bar).. I didn't say he doesn't need that, but good assumption.
I wasn't really implying anything, surely not the dumb *** statement you think I was.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

I bet weight reduction would be needed to achieve that 1.5 60' along with more converter as well as gear.

John Pszenyczniak - Bolt-on only 95 Formula A4 11.561 @ 118.00 w/ 1.572 60' is a full bolt on lightened ride not many are near this with bolt ons.

Ls1 style cars are very different than Lt1 cars power at rpm levels are very different.
mod for mod an Ls1 "seems" to always out mph Lt1s.....

Your Lt1 is right on par add more bolt on goodies, keep going bro! i can only wish to have sea-level at this time
Old 10-28-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
I bet weight reduction would be needed to achieve that 1.5 60' along with more converter as well as gear.

John Pszenyczniak - Bolt-on only 95 Formula A4 11.561 @ 118.00 w/ 1.572 60' is a full bolt on lightened ride not many are near this with bolt ons.

Ls1 style cars are very different than Lt1 cars power at rpm levels are very different.
mod for mod an Ls1 "seems" to always out mph Lt1s.....

Your Lt1 is right on par add more bolt on goodies, keep going bro! i can only wish to have sea-level at this time
You are correct.. But MPH has absolutely nothing to do with MPH.. I still say in that kind of DA he could be at a 1.5.. Apparently I'm an idiot though, so pay me no mind.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmanGS
BONE STOCK with a K&N C.A.I.
Oxymoron.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lemons12
You are correct.. But MPH has absolutely nothing to do with MPH.. I still say in that kind of DA he could be at a 1.5.. Apparently I'm an idiot though, so pay me no mind.
i definately would not consider you an" idiot" all of us have our own opinions and most do turn into hypothesis.
fortunately for me i have run/lived at sea-level( HRP )and at an ugly altitude that i am at now(LVMS) the DA makes for an unimpressive pass NA. however the minor mods done to the OPs car would not allow him to achieve the #s you are representing now if he does the other mods known along with some Jenny Craig those 1.5 60s will be attainable, in good weather as previous runs... Rudy
Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

lol i think ur an idiot.

john p's car's raceweight was like 2900lbs or maybe less. it takes a lot of work to get a 1.5x 60ft with a bolt on car. A LOT OF WORK. the OP's car is 60fting right where it should. im actually impressed with his 60ft for his mods.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

You implied he should be 60 footing much better than he is with his BONE STOCK suspension. And then you compared it to your car which is a H/C ls1 with full suspension?? LOL. ok. You are comparing apples and oranges bro
Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

LCAs and relo brackets. I would say some strange double adjustables up front and your choice of spring will get you where you want to go. And as mentioned before play with footbraking. Should be in for a monster pass. You have a stock rear?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol i think ur an idiot.

john p's car's raceweight was like 2900lbs or maybe less. it takes a lot of work to get a 1.5x 60ft with a bolt on car. A LOT OF WORK. the OP's car is 60fting right where it should. im actually impressed with his 60ft for his mods.
Why would you think I am an idiot? I am not making some random post with no reasoning for it, I have my reasons to think it would do 1.5 and you have your reasons for not thinking it will.. I'm not sitting here saying you are an idiot for not thinking his car can cut a 1.5, nor am I saying you can't build a car cause you can't get it in the 1.5s..

Do you have any idea the difference in running in a 2500 DA and a -DA? It cant easily knock off a .1-.2 from your 60'.
He is making decent power judging from his trap speed, so it isn't like it is some dog of a car.
His race weight surely isn't the lightest car on the road, but it isn't a pig either.
I see absolutely no reason why in that kind of DA his car oculd not be 60' in the 1.5s, bottom 1.5s? Maybe not, but 1.5s yes.

FWIW, I do not think his car would 60' anywhere near that if he was in a normal DA (1500-2500).. I think it would be right where it is now, but I believe there is DEFINITELY more in that 60' with that kind of DA..

You implied he should be 60 footing much better than he is with his BONE STOCK suspension. And then you compared it to your car which is a H/C ls1 with full suspension?? LOL. ok. You are comparing apples and oranges bro
You think I am an idiot and even after I responded to you last time you still make a post like this..
Old 10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

trust me i know the difference between 2000+ DA and -DA i live in new england, i race in all types of weather. and all im saying is his car as it sits right now does not have a 1.5x 60ft in it. and i know from experience. me and him have almost the exact same setup. i am even lighter then he is. and i can only cut 1.68 60ft's in 500 DA. just face it man, ur wrong on this one. he either needs more power, or less weight and more suspension to get a 1.5x.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

trust me i know the difference between 2000+ DA and -DA i live in new england, i race in all types of weather. and all im saying is his car as it sits right now does not have a 1.5x 60ft in it. and i know from experience. me and him have almost the exact same setup. i am even lighter then he is. and i can only cut 1.68 60ft's in 500 DA. just face it man, ur wrong on this one. he either needs more power, or less weight and more suspension to get a 1.5x.
^^^^^110% agreed^^^^^
Old 10-29-2009, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

My car weighs in at 3550 race weight also. I cut consistent 1.50-1.52 sixty foots in a DA of 2000+.. I think you could get at LEAST some bottom 1.6s out of it, in that DA I would want 1.5 with your setup.
I think your in the wrong section. What does your LS1 have to do with this guys LT1 vert? Your car makes more power! Just curious. And 1.5 60's with the op's mods at that weight + stock susp Ain't Happenin'!!!

I would consider a different converter.. I have only seen a couple cars with Yank converters that really impress me 60' wise.. (Flame suit on)
What planet do you live on? Yanks are proven.

Last edited by Demon 383; 10-29-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

...The 60 foot as VERY little to do with your actual power...
I just read this part. That's freakin' classic.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

^^^ legit all you have to read is that part to be like wtf is this kid talkin about lol.

i understand where he is coming from tho. a well setup suspension and a very lightweight car will cut great 60ft's. but also a very powerful car will cut great 60fts too lol
Old 10-29-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

So, it has to be that I'm wrong and I need to face it, can't be that you can't get the most out of a setup.. Right?

Originally Posted by Demon 383
I think your in the wrong section. What does your LS1 have to do with this guys LT1 vert? Your car makes more power! Just curious. And 1.5 60's with the op's mods at that weight + stock susp Ain't Happenin'!!!

As I have said, I was not comparing his car to mine.. I was using a reference is all.

What planet do you live on? Yanks are proven.
I have seen some good times, and seen some killer 60' from them.. But on average most Yank cars,especially street cars, I see don't impress me with their 60' all that much, they are average.

^^^ legit all you have to read is that part to be like wtf is this kid talkin about lol.

i understand where he is coming from tho. a well setup suspension and a very lightweight car will cut great 60ft's. but also a very powerful car will cut great 60fts too lol
You see where I am coming from, but I am an idiot an have not a clue what I am talking about.. Nor do I have any reason for what I post..

It is fine with me.. Be satisfied with your 1.6-1.7 short times in negative DA. Me personally, I couldn't stand it..
My old stripped MS4 car (3250# race) cut bottom 1.6 short times spinning, even hooking I could only see low 1.5s at best.. It put down 435ish Rwhp.. My current car now full weight baby cam 226 street car cuts bottom 1.5s, next track visit will be 1.4s.. It put down 370Rwhp. Explain to me how this is possible even though I make much less power.
And just for ***** CamaroRacing, what is your excuse for your short times?

Just because none of you personally can cut those times (remember the kind of DA we are talking here) doesn't mean I'm an idiot. It is very possible even at his power levels, like I have stated it has little to do with the Rwhp.. A 320Rwhp can cut a much better short times than a 375Rwhp car and visa verse..

Just keep throwing out personal insults though, it makes you look like you are far superior.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

lol i have 0 excuses for my short times. because they are excellent for what my setup is lol i dont know of many bolt on only LT1 cars that can cut 1.6x 60ft times. and i only know of 2 that can cut 1.5x short times. and those r serious track cars not street cars. you really are comparing apples to oranges man you got to realize this.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol i have 0 excuses for my short times. because they are excellent for what my setup is lol i dont know of many bolt on only LT1 cars that can cut 1.6x 60ft times. and i only know of 2 that can cut 1.5x short times. and those r serious track cars not street cars. you really are comparing apples to oranges man you got to realize this.
I'm not comparing his car to anything, never did.. I used my car as a reference, big difference between referencing something and using something as an example.. A few people in the thread just assumed that I was comparing his car to mine.
If you pay attention I have not once said regardless of DA.. The ONLY reason I think he should cut that good with an awesome converter is because he is in an AMAZING DA.. If the DA was normal, no way in hell he would even get close to that.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

A 320Rwhp can cut a much better short times than a 375Rwhp car and visa verse..
Not on stock suspension and full weight. . . what part about that don't you get? The op's car isn't even making 320rwhp. You keep saying you aren't comparing it to your car but that's all the examples you are giving. . which is a car that is probably making 100 more hp. But I forgot power has nothing to do with how your car launches . ITS A BOLT ON, STOCK SUSPENSION, FULL WEIGHT LT1. IT'S NOT GOING TO CUT 1.5 60'S. Damn this argument is tiring lol.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not on stock suspension and full weight. . . what part about that don't you get? The op's car isn't even making 320rwhp. You keep saying you aren't comparing it to your car but that's all the examples you are giving. . which is a car that is probably making 100 more hp. But I forgot power has nothing to do with how your car launches . ITS A BOLT ON, STOCK SUSPENSION, FULL WEIGHT LT1. IT'S NOT GOING TO CUT 1.5 60'S. Damn this argument is tiring lol.
Don't know why it is wearing you out, you just keep saying the same damn statement over. Not to factor in that the part you called me out on is perfectly correct, I have seen it myself.
CamaroRacing is at least arguing with me about things neither of us know 100%, he thinks strongly in his opinion as do I. You are arguing about things that I have witnessed first hand, kind of hard to make someone believe anything else when they KNOW what can/can't happen.

Quick Reply: '96 Z28 A4 Vert. bolt-ons new best @ATCO