LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

almost beat the world record... almost..... new PB tho!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice 1/8th mile pass, thing was screaming
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
thanks everybody for the congrats......

and I passed Dave Diluca on the fastest LTx list.. and just wanted everyone to not forget him cause he was the FIRST to build a fast low 9 second LT1........

RIP Dave.....
I still have the GM High Tech where he started the build 8s at ARE. His car was on racingjunk a few years ago. That car was by far one of the BEST color changes I have ever seen on a F-body. I remember when he set the record your talking about, it was the red sled back then. The post title in CZ28.com LT1 section was that "we have a new king." He had a carb on it right? Because I remember some one saying the LTX manifold, would never go that fast, then Chris ran 8.9 with an LT4 Intake and heads with his old YSi set up. Great memories. It's hard to and some what sucks to belive so much time has passed since those days. We have lost some great guys along the way. But, it's still awesome to see guys like you, Tony, Madman, Jake, Chris, Tanner, Larry and all the others still pushing these cars faster and faster.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:51 PM
9 Second Club

I still have the GM High Tech where he started the build 8s at ARE. His car was on racingjunk a few years ago. That car was by far one of the BEST color changes I have ever seen on a F-body. I remember when he set the record your talking about, it was the red sled back then. The post title in CZ28.com LT1 section was that "we have a new king." He had a carb on it right? Because I remember some one saying the LTX manifold, would never go that fast, then Chris ran 8.9 with an LT4 Intake and heads with his old YSi set up. Great memories. It's hard to and some what sucks to belive so much time has passed since those days. We have lost some great guys along the way. But, it's still awesome to see guys like you, Tony, Madman, Jake, Chris, Tanner, Larry and all the others still pushing these cars faster and faster
Yup it was a carb'd 396 IIRC. Back when ARE was building the best and baddest LTx's on the planet... seems like ages ago... when was that like 98 or 99??? i know it was when the LS motors had just come out.... The madman car was ahead of it's time as well.... I spoke to dave on the phone at ARE after he ran his 9.11 wanting to buy a longblock.... then i realized i didn't make enough money to afford a complete setup.... dave was a great guy on the phone and wanted badly to help but business is business. I swore one day I'd be just as fast.....

hopefully Dave is looking down at all of this and just shaking his head like "Why the F are they still toying with that motor???" but he'd be smiling....
Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 PM

They had Dave's car and that white LT1 TA from Michigan running good, some kid on here owns the white car. Believe it was running high 9s, white drop top stroker nitrous Trans Am, was in their adds for GM High Tech. Nu-Tek was also pumping out motors before things went south with them. MORE in NC had a couple good running cars also, Jason Dellingers black T trim Trans Am. It's cray the record stood where it did for so long. It'll be really cool to see how deep in to the 8s you guys go with the nitrous LT1s. Dave Ducote was the guy who owned the purple Formula that Madman built, 381 built by Patterson(?), D1R, sold the chassis to Ricky at NX, and then Ricky sold it to some on here. Car's a turbo SBC now, Baxters old car had a blown SBC when he sold it also. Madman must like purple LT1s becase thats what color that twin turbo LT1 their running is. Any case, enough old days, go 8s on Wednesday and post up your 8.7 pass
Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

I got my motor back from Nu-Tek shortly before he closed up shop. I believe (the owner) works for Compstar last I heard, and MORE...I remember them too, barely. Overton and Quinn was running around about the same time, as those mentioned werent they? Or were they shortly after them?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:46 AM
9 Second Club

Overton was 2001 and on. He tuned my car when I lived in va. Super nice dude.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 AM

Quinn was running about the same time, he was from Clawson Michigan I believe, No Rush Racing. I saw his car with the 370 cube GM LT1 headed and intake set up running 9s all motor at Thunder Shoot Out back in 03. Harden motor sports also had their black camaro with the sb2.2 headed LT1 out there at that particular event.

Steve's website http://home.wideopenwest.com/~squinn0039/index.html not sure if he still messes with LT1s any more, but pics of the car are there.

Last edited by BizZzatch350; 11-04-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Quinn was running about the same time, he was from Clawson Michigan I believe, No Rush Racing. I saw his car with the 370 cube GM LT1 headed and intake set up running 9s all motor at Thunder Shoot Out back in 03. Harden motor sports also had their black camaro with the sb2.2 headed LT1 out there at that particular event.

Steve's website http://home.wideopenwest.com/~squinn0039/index.html not sure if he still messes with LT1s any more, but pics of the car are there.
I wonder where I can get a main cap girdle like this one on Steve's site?
http://home.wideopenwest.com/~squinn0039/services.html
Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

That is pretty cool..... You think you really need it all that bad Tony?????
Old 11-04-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

all the hard work you and your crew put into the car is paying off, i remember going on youtube and seeing the 4 inch dual exhaust, i was like "wow i want those too!!" haha.

seeing as you have nearly 10 mph on Tonys best run your car should hit the 8s soon.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
That is pretty cool..... You think you really need it all that bad Tony?????
Would not hurt.

Originally Posted by stumprrp

seeing as you have nearly 10 mph on Tonys best run your car should hit the 8s soon.
My mph will go up too when I spray as much as he did.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 PM
9 Second Club

all the hard work you and your crew put into the car is paying off, i remember going on youtube and seeing the 4 inch dual exhaust, i was like "wow i want those too!!" haha.

seeing as you have nearly 10 mph on Tonys best run your car should hit the 8s soon
Thanks man.... appreciate it. The 4" exhaust was solely the creation of my engine builder.. he can build you one just like it.... BTW, I like your location. I'm originally from "The biggest little state in the union" as well.... Born and raised in North Providence, RI.... So we have a connection... only people from Rhode Island will ever understand...

As far as 10mph yeah, i'm spraying about 75 more hp more than Tony and we admittedly have a bit better air up here.... his car is definitely a beast... We'll get those 8's very soon. Hell I aborted an 8 already which pissed me off BAD! oh well.. we'll get it done. I'm thinking about going on veterans day (11 Nov).... if the track cooperates we'll get there....
Old 11-05-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that car is sure flyin and im upset for ya that you didnt get to run that badboy full out and break the record............but you will

Quick Reply: almost beat the world record... almost..... new PB tho!