LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Victor intake for LTx

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victor intake for LTx

Looking into the aftermarket intake option for my b-body car. Something like a Victor, Vic. Jr., basically a mid-rise single plain with provisions for fuel rails, injectors and such. I want to start pricing and put a list together. If I go this route I don't want to use a regular dual-plane(Vic-E), I'd rather go with something like a Jr. w/ an accufab or Edelbrock 4-barrel style. I'm sure that the stock intake would work if ported and flowed by AI, just looking into different options. There's a lot more room under the hood of a b-body(height wise) for an intake and yes I would be upgrading heads and supporting mods. Thanks for reading.

-SS
Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Launching!

The Vic E # 29785 is the same as the Victor Jr. 2975. Except it has provisions for the EFI.

Hope this helps. You will also need to mod the Intake or heads as the bolt holes are different.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless you intend to go high boost or use alot of nitrous, stick with the stock intake and have it ported. The stock intake will make good power with some attention, e.g. LS1_Speed to name one.

If you're going to spend the time and money on a single plane, Id do an accufab TB. Dont use an elbow or stock style TB, the turns the air has to take is lost power. You'll get more power dropping the air straight in as opposed to running through an elbow. Just my .02.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
You'll get more power dropping the air straight in as opposed to running through an elbow. Just my .02.
I made 535 rwhp n/a with an elbow on top of a Vic efi intake. 814 rwhp with a 275 shot. It works fine.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I know the pattern is different, I'm looking into companies to modify/machine a set of LTx heads for this purpose. I guess I could go the modify, drill, build wedge washer, and delete water neck route, I may. I'd rather have the ablity to swap an intake on and be done with it, just block off the water neck. Thanks for the part #, I'm going to look for some pictures now.

-SS
Old 11-03-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Stroked96bowtie, I stated I'd probably prefer an Accufab OR E-brock, 4-barrel type TB. I had thought about sending off my intake to AI and have them work their magic on it, I'm just checking out options!

-SS
Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
I made 535 rwhp n/a with an elbow on top of a Vic efi intake. 814 rwhp with a 275 shot. It works fine.
Yep your car makes good power, not taking anything away from elbows. Matter of fact Im running one as well but it was suggested to me that a 4barrel type TB would make more power than an elbow due to the turns the air makes. Seems to make sense, but nothing hard to prove it. I think I mis-spoke my terms in my earlier post..DOH...oh well.

OP: Just about any 'race' type machine shop should be able to covert your heads. I had a local guy convert my heads and charged me $200 for the work. Dont understand how some of these guys get as much as they do to do that work. Also, my local guy, he's well known for being very expensive so if he's charging $200 its really not alot of work. That was welding up existing holes and drilling, tapping the new. GL man.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, thanks guys. On a side note, if I want to get another stock intake to send to AI for port work are there any years to stay away from/ flow better than the others/ or had issues? Thanks

-SS
Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Total Engine Airflow did mine when they were making my Trickflow heads. It was like 100.00 to 150.00 if I remember right.

I am planning on running a Vic E Intake with a Edelbrock low profile elbow, 90mm TB, and 22lbs of boost.

Post pics of it tonight.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:23 PM
8 Second Club

Yep your car makes good power, not taking anything away from elbows. Matter of fact Im running one as well but it was suggested to me that a 4barrel type TB would make more power than an elbow due to the turns the air makes. Seems to make sense, but nothing hard to prove it. I think I mis-spoke my terms in my earlier post..DOH...oh well.
Yes the 4-barrel should produce more power but may not be a big difference. How much would I have gained with one? 10hp? I am actually going to a 4-barrel t-body as we speak.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking forward to some pic's. So, any year of LT1 intake ok to get ported/ no casting flaws or anything? Thanks.

-SS
Old 11-05-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Yes the 4-barrel should produce more power but may not be a big difference. How much would I have gained with one? 10hp? I am actually going to a 4-barrel t-body as we speak.
You're right, I wouldnt expect a huge gain, its hard to tell though.

Sweet, which one are you moving too? So you're doing away with the elbow setup?

You guys will have to let us know when you're coming to Crandall again.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
8 Second Club

You're right, I wouldnt expect a huge gain, its hard to tell though.

Sweet, which one are you moving too? So you're doing away with the elbow setup?

You guys will have to let us know when you're coming to Crandall again.
I am going with a 2000cfm 4500 flang 4-barrel t-body. I sold the whole top end of my motor...heads, intake, elbow, t-body.....etc.

I will be hitting Crandall for sure. I love that track! You will get a pm if we go.

T
Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YSILT1
Total Engine Airflow did mine when they were making my Trickflow heads. It was like 100.00 to 150.00 if I remember right.

I am planning on running a Vic E Intake with a Edelbrock low profile elbow, 90mm TB, and 22lbs of boost.

Post pics of it tonight.
those low profile edelbrock elbows are the ones costing guys like 60 hp... i think fastfatboy has the link to the edelbrock elbow thread
Old 11-05-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pic's up fella's, looking forward to seeing one of these badboys!

-SS

Quick Reply: Victor intake for LTx