LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

just talked to Lloyde about new cam

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a 236/242 .612/.612 on a 110+4 from him and on my old tune it drives suprisingly well. Was going to get it tuned this week but the damn ***** mother nature decided to dump 10 inches of snow on us.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Didn't want the OP to think I was saying peak power with this cam will be 7000RPM. I believe mine is peaking at around 6400...my car shifts at 6700-6800. That seems to work best. Dropping the shift points 200-300 RPM has a negative impact...but it is minor.

I also don't have a good feel for what the ported LT1 heads flow. I know what my AFR 190's flow. That will also affect the power peak.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by pancherj
Didn't want the OP to think I was saying peak power with this cam will be 7000RPM. I believe mine is peaking at around 6400...my car shifts at 6700-6800. That seems to work best. Dropping the shift points 200-300 RPM has a negative impact...but it is minor.

I also don't have a good feel for what the ported LT1 heads flow. I know what my AFR 190's flow. That will also affect the power peak.
lloyd did tell me that my peek power would be around 6600 to 6800 so i plan on shifting around there.

also my le2 heads flow something like 275/195 i think so they do ok for ported stockers. im very happy with them.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

kalebm22, for best performance you would normally shift between 2-400 rpm past peak hp. Mine and many others such as pancherj have found this to work best. If that means your going to have to spin it higher than you feel comfortable with, go with a slightly smaller cam.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Don't assume what I've said. I thought we've been through this "quick to turn on the vagina water works" horse **** with your last tirade?
What I said is exactly what I meant. An output of 400rwhp at 7000rpm is wasted energy and time compared to what is available today with the same results at far less RPM which means not having to run as much gear which then equates to a longer living engine.
Dude are you serious??? You just built a performance motor and you are worried about its longgevity??? Then your sig says that your cam is what makes or breaks you??? PLEASE!!! Less you have to shift the quicker your times are...if you can make power long enough that you lose a shift you will have faster times...This and a whole lot more factors...you need hp at the top end not torque...which I feel you are talking about by not spinning the motor up to those kinds of rpm...plus we all know that we make enough torque down low to support this kind of setup...
Old 12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
kalebm22, for best performance you would normally shift between 2-400 rpm past peak hp. Mine and many others such as pancherj have found this to work best. If that means your going to have to spin it higher than you feel comfortable with, go with a slightly smaller cam.
ya, weve actually changed the final specs alittle we knocked it down to 230/238 duration and he said my shift point will need to be about 6600-6700. i plan on shifting at that rpm at the track only. which is maybe 3 times a year. other then that it probly wont see over 6200. this is a stock bottom end and i dont mind pushing it a little.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Village Troll

Received 533 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Your right. One should not feel offended by being told they wasted their time and energy on their project cause their performance is X HP at X RPM. I will assume it was some kind of funky positive reinforcement. Um yeah.
If you don't understand it's not going to help your cause by spraying your replies with estrogen. I can't help you understand if you continue to be close minded.
Originally Posted by chevyman9306
Dude are you serious??? You just built a performance motor and you are worried about its longgevity??? Then your sig says that your cam is what makes or breaks you??? PLEASE!!! Less you have to shift the quicker your times are...if you can make power long enough that you lose a shift you will have faster times...This and a whole lot more factors...you need hp at the top end not torque...which I feel you are talking about by not spinning the motor up to those kinds of rpm...plus we all know that we make enough torque down low to support this kind of setup...
Yikes... okay.
There's just too much here to tackle and I'm afraid even if I tried there's no hope in understanding therefore you go your way and I'll go mine.
All I can say is you best damn well bead blast your lobes for that traction!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS RRR
If you don't understand it's not going to help your cause by spraying your replies with estrogen. I can't help you understand if you continue to be close minded.

Yikes... okay.
There's just too much here to tackle and I'm afraid even if I tried there's no hope in understanding therefore you go your way and I'll go mine.
All I can say is you best damn well bead blast your lobes for that traction!

Get some tires and you won't have to worrie about the cam getting traction
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Village Troll

Received 533 Likes on 385 Posts

The curiosity is killing me... did you mean drag racing when you stated the following:
Originally Posted by chevyman9306
Less you have to shift the quicker your times are...