LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

This LT1 worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Rockstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBlackZee
I would be a little wary of this car. $2500 is a good deal, but the fact that the guy says in the posting that he doesn't want to mess with it anymore throws a red flag for me. Probably has quite a few gremlins (most likely wiring, tuning). If you have the time, and most importantly, the energy, it could be a good deal.

A car like this, in good running order (new wires, plugs, tune, etc.), should potentially run low to mid 12's. That is a bench racers guess...
More like low to mid 13's.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Depending on how rough it is, it could nickle and dime you to no end!!
Yep! Been there, still doing that. I bought a car in that price range thinking the exact same thing, lots of mechanical goodies, just a little rough around the edges appearance-wise a few little fixes here and there and I'll have a great car for a good price. Well, things aren't always as they seem...

Since it says no headliner, make absolutely sure to check the floorboards. When I bought said car it had a sagging headliner which didn't seem like a big deal to me. Well after I bought it and got it up on the lift, I found two big holes in the floorboard in the rear passenger foot wells. Apparently the reason it needed a headliner was because water leaked in from the t-tops, thus damaging the headliner and settling at the lowest point in the floor and causing two rotted holes in said location.

Either way, good luck with your decision!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by will1380
He said dash is cracked tear in driver seat and no headliner and that's it. I think im gonna drive there and trailer it back this week.

Anyone know what this car should run in the 1/4 roughly?
I did not get to see the ad and what mods the car had, but I have a 93 LT1 with basic bolt on mods and street tires I ran a 1/4 with, and it did 14.0 @ 100 mph all day. You can see the mods I have in my sig, and at my fquick site: www.fquick.com/tdevil55. Before my opti went on me, I had big plans for it, but then I got my 02 LS1 and fell in love with it.

The 93 also just happens to be for sale, but not really trying to promote that, just giving my exp with mine.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
More like low to mid 13's.
I run low 13s with just boltons I could be in the 12s with better tires and launch, I could see it running mid 12s with some sticky tires
Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 97camaross
I run low 13s with just boltons I could be in the 12s with better tires and launch, I could see it running mid 12s with some sticky tires
Agreed, I ran a 13.4 with 2.3 60' with basically intake, exhaust, tune. The car was in perfect running condition and all I had suspension wise were LCAs. I suspect I should be somewhere in the high 12's with a good tire...

My previous statement of low to mid 12's was based on the fact that everything was in perfect running order including a good tune. There is no reason a cc306 only Lt1 with some supporting mods and a good tire should not run mid 12's....

Quick Reply: This LT1 worth the money?