Swapping cars..

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeliusZ28
uh, Im gonna go ahead and sort of disagree with you

IMO stay 4th gen, or make everyone jealous and build a 1st gen
What can I say? 1st car was a 86, second car was a 83 Z28. First gens are over done every day of the week, catfishes are *** ugly, second gens are even uglier than the catfishes.

3rd gen, 4th gen(LT1), 1st gen, 5th gen, 4th gen(LS1), 2nd gen.

That is how I list them in my mind.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still think it'd be cool to do a 96-97 "RS/SS" out of a V6 RS body.

Also, have you thought about a drop top car?
That'd definately hurt a LS1 guy's pride if he got spanked by a "V6" 3400 camaro with the top down
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

^That sounds like a awesome plan. I wonder if he could ever quiet the exhaust down enough to hide the truth?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
That'd definately hurt a LS1 guy's pride if he got spanked by a "V6" 3400 camaro with the top down
Whats with people thinkin ls1 guys have big egos about thier cars. I could care less lol, I have owned both... When is eveybody going to come to thier senses and realize all these cars are f-bodies, who gives a **** what motor is in them. All it takes is money to go fast, the rest don't mean ****! Hell I have seen turbo'd 3800 f-bodies run 10's, again it's all about the $$$$$ and know how. Lol not tryin to start an arguement tomos, but It gets old reading posts in here that consist of, "That'd definately hurt a ls1 guys pride" or "I live to beat ls1's". Is the ls1 really that damn special lol, because to me it isn't. Build somethin that will beat a c6 z06 then ill give ya kudos, but o wait were back to that thing called money again lol. end/ rant!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Build somethin that will beat a c6 z06 then ill give ya kudos..
Been there..done that..
Old 02-04-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, have you thought about a drop top car?
make sure it has the factory steelies with hubcaps too
Old 02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Whats with people thinkin ls1 guys have big egos about thier cars. I could care less lol, I have owned both... When is eveybody going to come to thier senses and realize all these cars are f-bodies, who gives a **** what motor is in them. All it takes is money to go fast, the rest don't mean ****! Hell I have seen turbo'd 3800 f-bodies run 10's, again it's all about the $$$$$ and know how. Lol not tryin to start an arguement tomos, but It gets old reading posts in here that consist of, "That'd definately hurt a ls1 guys pride" or "I live to beat ls1's". Is the ls1 really that damn special lol, because to me it isn't. Build somethin that will beat a c6 z06 then ill give ya kudos, but o wait were back to that thing called money again lol. end/ rant!
I didnt mean to imply that it would hurt EVERY ls1 owner's pride...but it seems SOOO many people praise the LS1 and don't know anything about LT1 motors and assume they're junk. Most people on the street assume my car is an LS1 after I beat them or they here it running...
"That's a good running LS1!"
"Well of course he beat me, he has an LS1."
"I knew I didn't stand a chance even before I raced...he has an LS1-I was just having fun."
and so on and so fourth. (Don't even get me started about the looks on peoples faces when they find out it's not only NOT an LS1, but an automatic as well!)

A majority of people on the street are ignorant. And there are also a lot of LS1 owners out there who think they are the HOTTEST ****. Not saying all of them, but I've sure come across a lot of them around here.

All I'm just sayin it'd stick it to the guys who don't know their stuff, or are ignorant and unrightfully full of themselves/their car for no reason-and nobody likes them anyway!...

sorry if I offended you!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

I've had my fun with a few of the kids around Little Rock that have LS1 Cars and think nothing else is worth anything.

After I beat them I pop the hood and trust me they are pretty confused..lol
Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

I didnt mean to imply that it would hurt EVERY ls1 owner's pride...but it seems SOOO many people praise the LS1 and don't know anything about LT1 motors and assume they're junk. Most people on the street assume my car is an LS1 after I beat them or they here it running...
"That's a good running LS1!"
"Well of course he beat me, he has an LS1."
"I knew I didn't stand a chance even before I raced...he has an LS1-I was just having fun."
and so on and so fourth. (Don't even get me started about the looks on peoples faces when they find out it's not only NOT an LS1, but an automatic as well!)

A majority of people on the street are ignorant. And there are also a lot of LS1 owners out there who think they are the HOTTEST ****. Not saying all of them, but I've sure come across a lot of them around here.

All I'm just sayin it'd stick it to the guys who don't know their stuff, or are ignorant and unrightfully full of themselves/their car for no reason-and nobody likes them anyway!...

sorry if I offended you!
No offense taken! Hey I will always be a lt1 fan, I guess around here not to many guys act like the ls1 is all that, I sure as hell don't lol. I mean really the only reason I went to a ls1 car was for the huge aftermarket and pcm capability for self tuning. I got tired of getting the run around trying to get my ol lt1 car tuned. Nobody tunes them around here, but now that efi connection has stepped up to the plate, the lt1 is just as capable in that area. I guess I kind of took your post the wrong way, my apologies!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

I'm kinda up in the air with the whole thing..if I'm going to take the time to pull everything out and clean it all up..I might as well swap it into something kickass..

A nice clean 4th Gen Camaro would be nice..but I'm kinda thinkin something not as common..like a early 70's Nova or something..

Any thoughts fellas?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Throw it into a Mini.. No one will see that coming.. Or a Miata..
Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

That motor is too much for a Miata..**** an LS1 is too much for one of them..lol

There is a guy in Little Rock that has a LS1 in one from what I have heard..it's supposed to be pretty quick.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by the_merv
I'm kinda up in the air with the whole thing..if I'm going to take the time to pull everything out and clean it all up..I might as well swap it into something kickass..

A nice clean 4th Gen Camaro would be nice..but I'm kinda thinkin something not as common..like a early 70's Nova or something..

Any thoughts fellas?
yeah but once you do that you lose the whole package of the car. you have everything there with your car. suspension chassis brakes drivetrain. with a nova or anything of that sort youd have to dump alot more money into that car to make it to the level of your car right now. id stay 4th gen. there arent alot of perfectly built 4th gen lt1's with LS' in them. stay 4th gen lt1 and remain uniquely you
Old 02-05-2010, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Ya that is one of the good points that I've had in my mind..I have all the parts to make it work.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

LS1 Karmann Ghia? Anyone do one of those yet?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

..that would be interesting..
Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i have done this same thing to a couple of cars...and i am from little rock. Its really not that much of a pain to do a body swap just takes a few weeks. If i see a good body i will let you know.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

id swap it into a classic like a nova in heartbeat. But odds of you finding a nice roller that doesnt need work are slim, or youll have to buy a complete one and swap it.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

A Nova would be bad-***..there are a few here on the site that look sharp.
Originally Posted by armyracer11
Hey i have done this same thing to a couple of cars...and i am from little rock. Its really not that much of a pain to do a body swap just takes a few weeks. If i see a good body i will let you know.
Cool..let me know if you find something..I'll be back in mid may. I have seen a few around the area on craigslist..nothing I can do though at the moment.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by the_merv
That motor is too much for a Miata..**** an LS1 is too much for one of them..lol

There is a guy in Little Rock that has a LS1 in one from what I have heard..it's supposed to be pretty quick.
I've seen a 408 in a miata actually now that you mention it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXuRUDjsqmw

I've seen this thing rollin around Iowa a lot...this guy lives within 20 minutes of me...saw him at the Cedar Falls Raceway for Rich Christensen's armdrop live in '09...car ran low 10's IIRC

Quick Reply: Swapping cars..