LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cruise control delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
how many times do you actually set off your ABS when driving? hardly ever? The brake will still work normal, just no ABS

The cruise control will still work. All you need is a cruise control cable from a non TCS car. Since the cruise and throttle cables connect to that servo above the valve cover.
Youre right and I see your point. Only thing is I dd this car at the moment and probably will be for the next year or so. Kinda hesitant to do anything to mess with the brakes period. But may anyway.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

With mine the ABS is gone, but it's not my DD.

Originally Posted by Barney Z
Which would be?
On the Throttle Body next to the Throttle Cable in the Bracket..it clips on to the outside on the little tab that sticks out. You'll know it when you see it.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has a been a DD for the last 2.5 years. Through snow and rain(Wisconsin). I got through it just fine. Just be smart about. I personally hate ABS so it wasnt a big deal to me. Some people like it, thats fine. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. Im not gonna fight you about it, i was just saying....
Old 01-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_merv
With mine the ABS is gone, but it's not my DD.

On the Throttle Body next to the Throttle Cable in the Bracket..it clips on to the outside on the little tab that sticks out. You'll know it when you see it.
oh, I gotcha. Thought you meant moving the actual box.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
Mine has a been a DD for the last 2.5 years. Through snow and rain(Wisconsin). I got through it just fine. Just be smart about. I personally hate ABS so it wasnt a big deal to me. Some people like it, thats fine. Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. Im not gonna fight you about it, i was just saying....
No, man, I appreciate any info and feedback, and youre right. Probably what Ill do. Hell, Ive never had it actuate yet, anyway. Got to thinking about my 99 Z71. The abs on that damn thing almost CAUSED a couple wrecks for me. Im assuming just pull a fuse to make the dash light go out?
Old 01-23-2010, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

oh, I gotcha. Thought you meant moving the actual box.
Na. Just where the Cruise Cable goes after you change it.

Anyone have a source on one of them Cables..I need one for mine too..it got messed up and I'll have to replace it.

I was thinkin Junkyard, but if someone has one that will help..
Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Youre right and I see your point. Only thing is I dd this car at the moment and probably will be for the next year or so. Kinda hesitant to do anything to mess with the brakes period. But may anyway.
I've been driving around the longest time with my ABS INOP light on, which is in fact WORSE than not having ABS at all. My rear brake lines are locked up hence no rear brakes.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Yeah, new guy, first post, pulling old thread out of the grave...I know, mass horrors!

Anyways, I have a '96 Z28, with a 9" swapped into the rear, without any of the ABS stuff installed in the axle. Obviously that makes the ABS non functional, which isn't the end of the world for me, but I really do miss having functional cruise control (especially with having a 2+hour commute to work every day)

I was under the impression that due to the linking of the ABS system and the Cruise system, that if the ABS isn't working, neither is the cruise. But reading over this thread, it sounds like some guys have done the ABS/TCS delete, but still have working cruise? As far as I know, my car never had TCS to begin with, and I don't have the box on the driver's side valve cover.

I don't have the money to have major axle work done right now (and with the Detroit locker in there, I'm not sure it's even possible to have ABS stuff installed), but is there some way to get the cruise working without the ABS?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Did some basic troubleshooting over the weekend, found the switch signals from the multi-function lever weren't getting to the control module. I picked up three more levers from the junkyard today, none of which fixed the issue. So I'll need to check continuity on the wiring down the steering column to see if the problem is there. It's been colder than a witch's tittie here the last few days, so I'll try again when it warms up a bit and report back. THanks guys

Quick Reply: cruise control delete