LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385

Im carrying this over from another couple of threads I had a ways back about this car.

So heres the new project.....I decided that the little LT1 intake that could was trying to do a job above its pay grade so its single plane time. After doing some reasearch and talking with Advanced Induction I figured the best way to go was the Edelbrock Victor E EFI with a wilson elbow and a Wilson 105mm billet throttle body.

I mocked up the intake assembly and made all of the adaptors and plates and the intake is currently at AI being ported and mapped.

As you can see I fabbed up a few items to make the install nice and clean:
The T Housing cover in the front just for looks instead of having a big hole there. I built a vacuum manifold that you can see mounted in the back of the intake...this holds the MAP sensor as well as a few vacuum ports just incase i need the little bit of vacuum this motor does make to run something . Also you can see in the back where i made the distributor hole plug and clamp, this way I can remove it if I ever decide to put a regular distributor in it. The ports seem to line up ok out of the box but I'm sure once AI starts cutting it we will need to drop the intake down on the motor for the correct geometry. I'll update as that goes along. Last year the car turned 10.70 @128.8 still struggling with some tuning and traction issues. I'm hoping to see much more midrange torque thanks to the longer runners of the victor and alot more hp on the high end due to the extra air flow, now I can take advantage of the highly efficent AI heads as well as the large cam.

If anybody is doing one of these coversions and has any questions feel free to ask myself or AI and I can get you the info.

I'll update this post when the intake returns from AI.

Mike V
Attached Thumbnails Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385-img00188.jpg   Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385-img00184.jpg   Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385-img00192.jpg   Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385-img00191.jpg   Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385-img00183.jpg  

Old 02-19-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

perfect. it will be great to see how much you actually pick up over the factory intake.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

bad *** man!!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

im doing one carbd and with a real dizzy
Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats cool, what type of ignition are you going to be using on that? OPTI?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would assume hes got a blockoff plate in the dizzy hole
Old 02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
9 Second Club

Default yep

Originally Posted by jaycenk
Thats cool, what type of ignition are you going to be using on that? OPTI?
yes its keeping the opti to send the spark but i've got a crank trigger hooked up to my FAST XFI for the signal

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
i would assume hes got a blockoff plate in the dizzy hole
yep heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385-img00165.jpg  
Old 02-19-2010, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

im doing the conversion as well but on a nitrous build. LE2 heads, 238/246 cam and the Vic E with a plate kit on it. im wondering how much a nitrous converter is going to hold me back on motor
Old 02-19-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good to see you back, Mike, killer setup as usual I look forward to lining up with you this summer @ NED!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

86 formula what lsa on that le cam?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Thats a sweet build!! Can't wait for some results.

Rob
Old 02-19-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking good.

Im having a hard time figuring out how you are plumbing your fueling. Might just be the angles, but I can't say I've seen them ran that way before.

Is that going to be a parallel system with a crossover in front, "Y" off the feed in the back, then an FPR off the "T" going to the return??
Old 02-19-2010, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
86 formula what lsa on that le cam?
112lsa .592/.592
Old 02-19-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

im diggen you map sencer location
Old 02-19-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Looks nice, man. I like what you did with the MAP. Id redo the fuel lines, but thats my opinion.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 AM
9 Second Club

Default fuel lines

Originally Posted by Puck
Looking good.

Im having a hard time figuring out how you are plumbing your fueling. Might just be the angles, but I can't say I've seen them ran that way before.

Is that going to be a parallel system with a crossover in front, "Y" off the feed in the back, then an FPR off the "T" going to the return??
Originally Posted by flyinZ
Looks nice, man. I like what you did with the MAP. Id redo the fuel lines, but thats my opinion.
Yea the fuel lines need to be trimmed a bit so they look neater. And don't be confused by the two fittings in the front facing each other, I just didn't have the piece of hose to connect them when I took the picture. All I did was run two -6 lines off the y block on the fender to the back of the fuel rails then i just T'd the front of the rails on the drivers side rail and then ran that back to my FPR on the fender.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 AM
9 Second Club

Default map

Originally Posted by fuel
im diggen you map sencer location
Originally Posted by flyinZ
Thanks guys....I made my own manifold for the MAP and the vacuum ports. I'm souped too the cars going into primer tomorrow night finally!!!! So hopefully now it will look good to instead of just go fast.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
Im carrying this over from another couple of threads I had a ways back about this car.

So heres the new project.....I decided that the little LT1 intake that could was trying to do a job above its pay grade so its single plane time. After doing some reasearch and talking with Advanced Induction I figured the best way to go was the Edelbrock Victor E EFI with a wilson elbow and a Wilson 105mm billet throttle body.

I mocked up the intake assembly and made all of the adaptors and plates and the intake is currently at AI being ported and mapped.

As you can see I fabbed up a few items to make the install nice and clean:
The T Housing cover in the front just for looks instead of having a big hole there. I built a vacuum manifold that you can see mounted in the back of the intake...this holds the MAP sensor as well as a few vacuum ports just incase i need the little bit of vacuum this motor does make to run something . Also you can see in the back where i made the distributor hole plug and clamp, this way I can remove it if I ever decide to put a regular distributor in it. The ports seem to line up ok out of the box but I'm sure once AI starts cutting it we will need to drop the intake down on the motor for the correct geometry. I'll update as that goes along. Last year the car turned 10.70 @128.8 still struggling with some tuning and traction issues. I'm hoping to see much more midrange torque thanks to the longer runners of the victor and alot more hp on the high end due to the extra air flow, now I can take advantage of the highly efficent AI heads as well as the large cam.

If anybody is doing one of these coversions and has any questions feel free to ask myself or AI and I can get you the info.

I'll update this post when the intake returns from AI.

Mike V
Nice build. I am from MA, but I am not sure I have met you before. Maybe I will see you at the track.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Nice build. I am from MA, but I am not sure I have met you before. Maybe I will see you at the track.
You can bet on that I'll be there almost every week this year.....gonna need a lot of tuning time to get this car where I want it. Whats ur car look like?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Whole setup looks really clean... You did a really good job so far....

I might be the only one but I don't like the Map sensor right there. You know that you can remotely mount the map sensor and run rubber line to the sensor port right??? It doesn't need to be mounted IN vacuum to be useable.... I'm guessing you used the large port that sits on the back half of the manifold for that mount location..... I think it's interesting I just don't like how it's standing up back there.... but hell to each his own.... Other than that IMHO it's a beautiful setup....

and I like the fact that you're from Rhode Island... <----------------------------North Providence born and raised....

how's the Hot weiners out there right now? NY System makes me drool just thinking about it....

Quick Reply: Single Plane Build on Advanced Induction 385