LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Datamaster Results

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Datamaster Results

As most of you know I have been working on a fuel mileage issue with my 93 Z28. I finally got my hands on my buddies laptop, got an ALDL cable, and a copy of the TTS Datamaster software. I installed the program, and the driver for the cable and presto we have data streaming to the laptop while the car is running. Pretty neat to see it in realtime.
So I sent a copy of the datalog to Solomon of LT1pcmtunning.com and he told me I had a bad O2 sensor on the passenger side, numbers were all over the place, and an error code 26 for the CCP system.
I've looked all over and found the CCP system has something to do with capturing fuel vapors, is this a neccessary system to keep? It has a solenoid on the passenger side of the intake manifold I believe and some vacuum lines running off of it. Is there a way to remove it and keep everything happy? It seems like a possiblity to remove some clutter under the hood and cap off some possible vacuum leaks?
Oh and the funny thing is the CCP code should have thrown the check engine light but mine is not lit, I think the previous owner pulled the bulb for it in the dash, what a tool! Lets pull the bulb for the check engine light instead of fix the problem! Mouth Breathers, I tell ya!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can delete it and have it programmed out of the PCM (or install a resistor in the harness connector to prevent a code) and delete all of the lines. If you want, you can plug the line going to the canister in the fuel line bundle (and the slight fuel smell will be at the canister and not the engine bay).
Old 02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by cumminsram06
As most of you know I have been working on a fuel mileage issue with my 93 Z28. I finally got my hands on my buddies laptop, got an ALDL cable, and a copy of the TTS Datamaster software. I installed the program, and the driver for the cable and presto we have data streaming to the laptop while the car is running. Pretty neat to see it in realtime.
So I sent a copy of the datalog to Solomon of LT1pcmtunning.com and he told me I had a bad O2 sensor on the passenger side, numbers were all over the place, and an error code 26 for the CCP system.
I've looked all over and found the CCP system has something to do with capturing fuel vapors, is this a neccessary system to keep? It has a solenoid on the passenger side of the intake manifold I believe and some vacuum lines running off of it. Is there a way to remove it and keep everything happy? It seems like a possiblity to remove some clutter under the hood and cap off some possible vacuum leaks?
Oh and the funny thing is the CCP code should have thrown the check engine light but mine is not lit, I think the previous owner pulled the bulb for it in the dash, what a tool! Lets pull the bulb for the check engine light instead of fix the problem! Mouth Breathers, I tell ya!
As I said in my email response to you, code 26 could be for the AIR, EGR or EVAP on a 1993. You need to narrow things down a little more.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the help, I will be removing the egr and air systems soon and turning them off in the tune, if the code still appears after that then I guess I will have narrowed down the problem to the evap system.

Quick Reply: Datamaster Results