LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93' Z28 Camaro Choking under hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93' Z28 Camaro Choking under hard acceleration

Well i started having this problem after i took the car off the road for a few months during the winter. To start the car has many mods done to it these include LT4 Hot cam kit w/ comp cams rockers and rollers, ECM Performance Chip(not sure which it is its got an interface in the dash under the steering column), Edelbrock short headers, K&N Cold air intake done the right way coming out near the bottom of the bumper, Under drive pulley, and some chrome vaulve covers with a whole kit including chrome caps for everything chrome dipstick etc + various other small things.

Well i bought this car before the winter and it ran fine had a ton of power, Recently though it felt as if it had no power at all and if i had more than half throttle it would choke and backfire, i read about the cat being bad so i gutted it out and it fixed my power loss issue now it feels like its got close to 400 + hp but still on a semi cold startup it still chokes under hard acceleration but doesnt pop. I disconnected the cold air intake to see if it was the filter clogged but it still did it what other factors could be causing this?

also how would i change the idle? does it have to be done through the performance chip?

to be more specific about the choking if i kept on it, it would choke then go back to normal and choke again and just keep repeating this. it seems to get better when the car warms up but not much better.