LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Will GMMG fit on a 96 z28?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Your an idiot.
Why did you feel the need to bring this to a personal level? Go suck on a lemon.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
Why did you feel the need to bring this to a personal level? Go suck on a lemon.
Your an idiot if you think thats personal. Dont get me started on a personal level.

Guys almost 100% of all aftermarket catbacks are designed to slip right on the factory I pipe. Unless you have a modified exhaust it should bolt right on.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Your an idiot if you think thats personal. Dont get me started on a personal level.

Guys almost 100% of all aftermarket catbacks are designed to slip right on the factory I pipe. Unless you have a modified exhaust it should bolt right on.
Explain how I'm an idiot? Please...I'd love to hear this. I said you have to cut and you also said you have to cut. I said you should weld and you said welding seals it better. Congrats...You're the idiot....<that's the correct form of "You're" by the way.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

You do not have to cut/mod the new exhaust. Just cut the old exhaust to get it off. A 2yr old could do this in the drive way. You make it seem as if you need modify or weld and thats just not true 99.99999999999999% of the time.

You're, your, you are, who gives a ****. Point is you do not need to modify anything.

BTW how many times have you done this? Or even worked on your car.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

You do not have to cut/mod the new exhaust. Just cut the old exhaust to get it off. A 2yr old could do this in the drive way. You make it seem as if you need modify or weld and thats just not true 99.99999999999999% of the time.

You're, your, you are, who gives a ****. Point is you do not need to modify anything.

BTW how many times have you done this? Or even worked on your car.
Please show me where I stated that you would have to cut the NEW exhaust? I said you have to cut the old one off and the only thing I said that should be welded would be the areas that would otherwise be clamped. Put your glasses on or take a reading comprehension class. By the way I've worked on a few cars....Not too much on my Formula yet (right now my shoulder is injured so I can't do much)...but I have helped install exhausts before. Don't assume to know so much.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

.you're putting it on an LT1 and things will need to be cut and welded. That's expected.
LOL!
Thats what I thought, bet you have never even changed a spark plug. I suggest you look into what I have done b4 you start running your mouth.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, how about we get back on topic and stop the pissing match. I only see one poster here that actually has a GMMG (BTC).

Since you have ARH headers in your sig, I'm assuming you have an LS1 and are asking about someone else's car. If said car in question has long tubes, it will depend on how the y-pipe is set up. The y-pipe diameter should be slightly reduced at the end to slip into the GMMG. My ebay y-pipe was not flared or reduced, so I had to do it backwards. I took my y-pipe to a shop and had them flare the end so the GMMG slips into the y-pipe, not the other way around.

If the car still has stock manifolds, a small amount will probably have to be cut off of the stock y-pipe. I don't know how a '96 year is set up underneath since it has 2 cats stock and my '95 only had one. I had to cut a bit off of mine (stock y-pipe, not the catback).

I also only had to replace one hangar. They send 2, one for each side, but my car already had the appropriate hanger on the left, IIRC (its been 3 years).

Either way, you can do it in the driveway. The car will have to be jacked up REAL high since the GMMG is all one piece going over the axle.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOL!
Thats what I thought, bet you have never even changed a spark plug. I suggest you look into what I have done b4 you start running your mouth.
Do you see something I don't? It doesn't say that the new catback will have to be cut....I also didn't state what needed to be welded. Are you retarded? Your assumptions are stupid. Stop trying to make me look bad because you can't comprehend a sentence.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spudnick3119
Wow, how about we get back on topic and stop the pissing match. I only see one poster here that actually has a GMMG (BTC).

Since you have ARH headers in your sig, I'm assuming you have an LS1 and are asking about someone else's car. If said car in question has long tubes, it will depend on how the y-pipe is set up. The y-pipe diameter should be slightly reduced at the end to slip into the GMMG. My ebay y-pipe was not flared or reduced, so I had to do it backwards. I took my y-pipe to a shop and had them flare the end so the GMMG slips into the y-pipe, not the other way around.

If the car still has stock manifolds, a small amount will probably have to be cut off of the stock y-pipe. I don't know how a '96 year is set up underneath since it has 2 cats stock and my '95 only had one. I had to cut a bit off of mine (stock y-pipe, not the catback).

I also only had to replace one hangar. They send 2, one for each side, but my car already had the appropriate hanger on the left, IIRC (its been 3 years).

Either way, you can do it in the driveway. The car will have to be jacked up REAL high since the GMMG is all one piece going over the axle.
Hes asking about my car, I got kooks headers with Catts welded onto the Y pipe(not on the car yet), but he is just asking if we can just put the GMMG onto the car 1st as a catback before we do the headers & y-pipe.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Do you see something I don't? It doesn't say that the new catback will have to be cut....I also didn't state what needed to be welded. Are you retarded? Your assumptions are stupid. Stop trying to make me look bad because you can't comprehend a sentence.
Just and you have not contributed one useful fact nor do you have GMMG or have stated you have installed a GMMG exhaust before in your life.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kaganader
Just and you have not contributed one useful fact nor do you have GMMG or have stated you have installed a GMMG exhaust before in your life.
Whatever buddy.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kaganader
Hes asking about my car, I got kooks headers with Catts welded onto the Y pipe(not on the car yet), but he is just asking if we can just put the GMMG onto the car 1st as a catback before we do the headers & y-pipe.
Yeah, you definitely can do the catback before the headers. That's probably 99% of how everyone mods their car first. It will probably require a small amount of cutting on the stock y-pipe, but it'll all go together. You could always measure the outside diameter of the stock y-pipe and then measure the end of the GMMG and see what slips into/over what so you have a general idea. You'll definitely love the sound (even more when you get the headers on).

Quick Reply: Will GMMG fit on a 96 z28?