LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 aftermarket oil pan, info would be great!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've actually always had oil pressue isuues it seems like. Seems like what everyone else has had, coming to a stop light and the pressure drops down to where the check gauge would come on. I just always held the brake and give it a little gas to get the RPM's to raise a little to stop this but as far as WOT no never had this issue before. Everything is brand new though even the oil sending unit on the back of the block. I started with the mechanical gauge to eliminate this and it did raise the pressure but still drops under WOT. I'll be making a call to another machinist tomorrow that droped me a line and told me they maybe able to give me some ideas and some help! Any suggestions are great though!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I spoke with one guy and will be calling the other in a bit but it seems like all my oil may be getting thrown to the back of the block on WOT which may be causing it to creep up the block so I most likely need to get some sort of baffle to keep the oil down around the pickup so it's not sucking air. Any ideas on what baffle to go with?

Ive been looking at the 242t which features a triple trap door baffle for oil control, a removable one-way screen windage tray with built in crank scraper, an oil temperature fitting, a 20mm bung for the stock low oil warning sender, and a magnetic drain plug. Not sure if those are the exact internals I need of a pan or not but I would like to try something out!

Quick Reply: LT1 aftermarket oil pan, info would be great!