LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best 15 dollars i ever spent

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hell yeah dude it looks great! Unfortunatley i have to replace my carpet. For some odd reason the ******* that had my Z before me didnt believe it floor mats. So there is a good sized hole in the drivers side floor by the gas pedal. But oh well lol. But yeah good job!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Looks great and LOL About all the lighters!!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
i spy 3 cig lighters!
I noticed that too and ew. Why even waste time trying to make your car look clean if it is going to be covered in ash and smell like ****?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good!!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Village Troll

Received 535 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcl_96TA
Haha yah it has three lighters, In case everyone in the damn car decides they need to light up at the same time! They all work too.
Maybe eventually you'll post up a way to get rid of the hideous smell and burns in the seats and carpet?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Maybe eventually you'll post up a way to get rid of the hideous smell and burns in the seats and carpet?
The carpet wasn't burned at all and nothing will make your car stink like **** faster then using the ash tray. I took it right out of my car, and another piece of advice is don't smoke right before you get where u are going and lock your car all up sealing the smoke in there. Just by doing those two things will keep the smell from stinking the car up.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Village Troll

The carpet wasn't burned at all and nothing will make your car stink like **** faster then using the ash tray. I took it right out of my car, and another piece of advice is don't smoke right before you get where u are going and lock your car all up sealing the smoke in there. Just by doing those two things will keep the smell from stinking the car up.
Another piece of advice is just to quit so you don't have to worry about it.
It doesn't matter if you do or don't use your ashtray the interior will still smell. Especially after having a car full of smokers. Just those lighters will emit odor.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I am planning a cage later this year. I was thinking I'd do new carpet but this might save me that cash. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How do you think the dye will hold up to wear?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

that looks real sharp man! i was starting to clean my tan carpet but its a PITA! ill def consider doing this when i get the chance. thanks for the idea!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

That looks great for 175k, nice.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Another piece of advice is just to quit so you don't have to worry about it.
It doesn't matter if you do or don't use your ashtray the interior will still smell. Especially after having a car full of smokers. Just those lighters will emit odor.
Well no body but me is usually in the car and the cig lighters were all there when i bought it, witch is nice so you can run a gps charge your phone or whatever. And if your all going bust my ***** about smoking in a 3,000 dollar car u can kiss my ***. Its not like its a new zo6 or something damn. And you can smoke in a car and keep if from smelling like ****, use common cents! You act like i got 4 people in there chain smoking with the windows rolled up all day long every day..
Old 03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow that turned out great! I wasn't expecting much until I saw the pics and I actually really like the black/tan combo.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I noticed that too and ew. Why even waste time trying to make your car look clean if it is going to be covered in ash and smell like ****?
You are quite smug, and one to talk anyways.. Are u not the guy that hauls car parts around in your camaro? I think it was a engine and trans yet too you loaded in there? Tell me that did your interior any favors, and because you haul parts in your care you mean to tell me that u havent so much as vacuumed it out ever, because it is pointless to when you got grease and oil all over the place right?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Wow that turned out great! I wasn't expecting much until I saw the pics and I actually really like the black/tan combo.
Thanks. I had the headliner redone in black to so it evens it out a lot. Its growing on me too. I am not working right now and i cant just go out buying up everything i want, new carpet included. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars, and all the stains and everything just drove me nuts so i had the idea to try the dye instead, and it has saved me a few hundred dollars i can spend elsewhere.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are quite smug, and one to talk anyways.. Are u not the guy that hauls car parts around in your camaro? I think it was a engine and trans yet too you loaded in there? Tell me that did your interior any favors, and because you haul parts in your care you mean to tell me that u havent so much as vacuumed it out ever, because it is pointless to when you got grease and oil all over the place right?
You would be correct in your guess. I have moved multiple engines, transmissions, and even a flat firebird hood in my 95. The difference here is I am not bragging about how I spent a ton of pointless time cleaning my car only to ruin it by smoking.

My car is my DD and I've beat the **** out of it, but it keeps going strong. It has 166k miles, is 15 years old, and has spent its entire life a block away from the beach being pounded by sand and salt air. I honestly have washed it maybe three times since I've owned it in the past 4.5 years.

The only piece that took any damage from everything I've moved is the passenger door panel that got slightly chewed from moving one of the LT1 engines I had. The damage is covered when you reinstall the passenger seat so your point means nothing. I don't care what you say about taking care of a car you smoke in. It will smell regardless of what you do to it.

When trying to articulate an argument proper English grammar, spelling, and punctuation go a long way in helping to prove your point.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Village Troll

Well no body but me is usually in the car and the cig lighters were all there when i bought it, witch is nice so you can run a gps charge your phone or whatever. And if your all going bust my ***** about smoking in a 3,000 dollar car u can kiss my ***. Its not like its a new zo6 or something damn. And you can smoke in a car and keep if from smelling like ****, use common cents! You act like i got 4 people in there chain smoking with the windows rolled up all day long every day..
It may smell alright to you sense smoking dulls your sense of smell, but it smells like **** to a non-smoker. Perhaps you don't care, it's really no biggie. I'm just sayin'...
Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I`am guilty of moving a short block in mine...as far as smoking really depends on WHAT u smoke in it...might smell good to me.....
Old 03-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
You would be correct in your guess. I have moved multiple engines, transmissions, and even a flat firebird hood in my 95. The difference here is I am not bragging about how I spent a ton of pointless time cleaning my car only to ruin it by smoking.

My car is my DD and I've beat the **** out of it, but it keeps going strong. It has 166k miles, is 15 years old, and has spent its entire life a block away from the beach being pounded by sand and salt air. I honestly have washed it maybe three times since I've owned it in the past 4.5 years.

The only piece that took any damage from everything I've moved is the passenger door panel that got slightly chewed from moving one of the LT1 engines I had. The damage is covered when you reinstall the passenger seat so your point means nothing. I don't care what you say about taking care of a car you smoke in. It will smell regardless of what you do to it.

When trying to articulate an argument proper English grammar, spelling, and punctuation go a long way in helping to prove your point.
Oh i think i understand. So what you are saying is that if your car gets dirty / smells bad you should never clean it. Because you know it will inevitably get dirty dirty again.

This thread was meant to show people what i did to save a few bucks and make my car look a little better. Not intended for some cocky little F*** to complain about smoking.

You should learn to keep your mouth shut too by the way. I am sure it had a lot to do with why some one drove to your house a smashed your car all to hell. Then you would have more money to blow on a bigger turbo you will never have running on your car...
The following users liked this post:
Coy (10-20-2022)
Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

I smoke in my car and id bet 100 bucks you would never know unless I just had one. EVERYONE compliments me on how good it smells

Quick Reply: Best 15 dollars i ever spent