LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Deleting the charcoal canister?? who has pics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010 | 12:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Default Deleting the charcoal canister?? who has pics?

I need pics on what lines were saved or removed for the CCP. I had heard of people just leaving the line unvented and others putting on a little filter. But what line is that? Also do you smell gas or not? Pics will help dramatically and what all to remove.
thanks
Old 04-01-2010 | 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

i dont have pics, but i followed that line to the canister and yanked it all out. also took out the metal line it goes into under the car. then there is a hose from the tank to the canister which i just but a lawn mower gas filter on and called it good. Very easy to do and got rid of some junk.
Old 04-01-2010 | 05:00 PM
On The Tree

For the fuel Evac system just unbolt the back driver's side wheel well and you will see the charcoal canister. Its hooked onto a sliding clip like peice of metal and you can tug up on the canister and it will come off. Then I removed the evap line under the car and followed it up to the plastic line to the Evap soleniod. I then removed the solenoid and used a ALLEN plug to put in place of the vacumm nipple where evap solenoid came off the intake.
I forget what it weighed I think about 7 lbs from solenoid/metal fuel line/canister. The breather hose that comes from the gas tank I zip tied a nitro methane RC car foam airfilter from the hobby shop as they withstand harsh fuel very well. You will smell a little gas if you fill the tank up all the way but if your like me I just ran a quarter tank allways for weight loss.

Im now using a 8 gallon aluminum fuel cell with a 250gph BG pump for a carb and plate kit so I no longer deal with any of this.
Old 04-01-2010 | 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

So no one has pics of this setup and/or a pic of a filter that should be used. Where does the filter go onto??? what line?
Old 04-01-2010 | 11:29 PM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

I took it all out, plugged the Line that was going to the Canister, and kept the stock Tank Vent.

Quick Reply: Deleting the charcoal canister?? who has pics?