LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

High rpm miss or cuttin out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a friend who works at GM bring home a Tech2 and some other device and he was able to check the injectors on the car. I know there is a way to do it but I can't tell you how. As far as the other stuff It's difficult going off a freeze frame, watching the live data make sure the O2's are updating at the same rate i.e. one isn't changing very slow compaired to the other. You may want to try switching sides with the O2's to see it the lean condition follows the sensor. This video is kinda dry but it expalins the pcm and fuel trim data well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4EAyYI67Cw
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDOG
God damn my headers are glowing red through the header wrap idling. What can cause that? I hear the rpms jumping form 1k to 1.5k rpm and there is ALOT of air being sucked in to the intake.

What can cause that much air to be sucked into the engine? Today i got the code p0100 and p0336 again WTF help plz
Sounds like you possibly have an air leak after the MAF which is allowing unmetered air into the motor. The glowing red headers can be from a very lean condition at idle (in excess of 16:1 AFR). Also as for the high rpm miss it could be anything from the opti to a weak coil to a bad plug or wire....possibly a lack of fuel due to a weak regulator or bad injector it could even be valve float due to weak springs. I'd get checking on those issues and check them off the list one at a time. You'll run into the issue sooner or later...
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28
Bank 1 (driver side) is showing lean, it's adding fuel to compensate you want the LTFT's to stay between +10.0/-10.0. For reference "0" = the 14.7:1 AFR the pcm is shooting for while driving. -12.5 isn't too bad but idle should be the easist time for the pcm to control the fuel trims. Have you checked for a bad injector? Also misfires can be misread by the O2's as a lean condition.
I just finished watching the video and from what i got is it ite minus (-) fuel trim is rich and positive is (-)is lean. So my bank 1 is running real rich and my bank 2 is dead on at a 1.6 short ans 3.1 long trim. Im gonna find out whats going on with bank 2 and im gonna take the car out for a drive and whatch the pids on the OBD 2007 lite software...

I have replaced the fuel pump (walbro 255), Fuel filter is a WIX, FPR is a Delphi, new 02s Denso, New 3 day old tr55 gapped at 50,ignition module is couple of months old, iac is 1 month old.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a PLX300 wideband hooked up to Bank 2 and idle afr is 14.7-15.0 and Wot ranges from 11.7 to 13.3. I have noticed the loss of power, like i come to a stop and try to do a burn out and the power isnt there. Then after a lil bit of cooling off it kinda gets there. Ok im fixing to go take it out for a drive around the block to see what codes pop up and what the pids.....

Quick Reply: High rpm miss or cuttin out?