LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Machine shop issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thehammer69
^^^What he said. And also I have no idea who this guy is who did the work on the manifold. So in no way or form I am trying to stand up for him. Therefore I am not taking his side. You have had a bad experience with him before I presume? And yeah that sucks, but you do what you can and you move on.

And to the OP I really doubt he would have charged you $1 a minute but in previous statements it was stated that you were also a bad costumer and he wishes he didn't have to deal with you. And as a business owner you have to draw the line somewhere or else you will be stepped all over in any industry.

Also it wasn't Bret's job to make you feel better and sugar coat things. So if you have complaints you could have talked to Lloyd about this situation and he would have resolved this for you in a diff. way. But now its too late so sorry but in this case you are SOL. I know it sucks but its not the end of the world.

So I call for a lock on this thread its pretty much pointless to state anything else.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The_Mustang

What a piece of **** you are my friend! I for one give a BIG DAMN that men and women are dieing over there! I give a BIG DAMN that I can sleep safe at night and my children have a chance to grow up in a free society because people like 86formula are fighting for it! What's the matter? Are you just mad because "YOU" didn't get the recognition you thought you should have so you're pouting and spreading it to other servicemen? Get a life tool!
You must have never been in a military town, try claiming your military anywhere near Virgina Beach if you get pulled over. I'm not saying I don't support the military hell I just got out. I'm just hate to hear people use the line "I'm in the military." I don't know what you want me to say cause there isn't a draft going on. That's like the guy that came to my door asking for money for a fundraiser, then dropping the like "I'm a (insert religion) man." So whats that supposed to do. Bottom line if I'm at a bar and your wearing a military shirt or a uniform and have the standard haircut and not acting like a fool I'm probably going to buy you a drink, but don't come up to me saying I need to get you anything cause you signed a contract.

bottom line, this Bret guy needs to be run out of business if he's going to conduct business this way, end of story! You NEVER blame the customer for anything, much less something that is blatantly YOUR ******* FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!
I really doubt he sent it out with a giant crack. I'm sure he finished the machining and was overcome with the notion to dropkick his intake. As far as the center two bolt hole not being drilled, just look at the vortec manifold. Yea it sucks that it was damaged but its on the back and is a very easy fix. If this is the only problem with your build, you have to be the luckiest person alive.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can understand the OP's desire to pay 600 bucks and get something shiny and new and exactly what they want. I don't however think its reasonable to expect that when you get custom work done. I also don't think its reasonable to expect them to replace with a new one, unless it was broken. Going down the "custom" route requires flexibility methinks.

I would just get it powder coated silver for thirty bucks and it would look clean.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fex77k
You must have never been in a military town, try claiming your military anywhere near Virgina Beach if you get pulled over. I'm not saying I don't support the military hell I just got out. I'm just hate to hear people use the line "I'm in the military." I don't know what you want me to say cause there isn't a draft going on. That's like the guy that came to my door asking for money for a fundraiser, then dropping the like "I'm a (insert religion) man." So whats that supposed to do. Bottom line if I'm at a bar and your wearing a military shirt or a uniform and have the standard haircut and not acting like a fool I'm probably going to buy you a drink, but don't come up to me saying I need to get you anything cause you signed a contract.
i never expected anything because im in the military. just said that being here makes it hard to communicate back home. I dont, however, expect to be attacked based off of what i do with my free time because im over here, like some members have clearly already done. Guess what i would have done about this if i wasnt in the military and was talked to like that.... posted this exact same thread.

I really doubt he sent it out with a giant crack. I'm sure he finished the machining and was overcome with the notion to dropkick his intake. As far as the center two bolt hole not being drilled, just look at the vortec manifold. Yea it sucks that it was damaged but its on the back and is a very easy fix. If this is the only problem with your build, you have to be the luckiest person alive.
he did send it out with 2 bolt holes cracked, he took ownership of the damage but wanted me to pay to ship to have it fixed... i thought that this was clear by now
if you're going to comment please read the entire thread
Old 04-29-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

OMG this is still going on? wtfh talk about beating a dead horse.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

yeah, all of the info is here for people to form an opinion. Mods can lock it up if they want.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 86formula
if you're going to comment please read the entire thread
That was mostly for mr double post.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by fex77k
That was mostly for mr double post.
No worries, we're cool now. I understand your position about "certain" people getting out of the military and expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. I have a lot of respect for military personel and what they stand for so I got a little aggravated. The OP never mentioned getting any special treatment do to being a serviceman so we can leave that one behind.

All the facts are present now for the world to see and I'm certain Bret's attitude through this ordeal will certainly cost him a fair amount of business. Probably won't close his doors down though.

Hope you get it all resolved Josh so you can start looking forward to the finished product. And thank you and Mr. Fex for serving and protecting our country.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

You people who are defending this guy are dick heads. The guy did crappy work and sent back a broken part... when you are OCD like me that is a big deal. I had my frame powder coated on a project car and part of it was chipping off (I paid $1000 for sand blasting and powder coating)... I took it back, made them strip it and redo the work or I threatened to contest the charge with the credit card company.

These people need to be responsible for their actions. If I do work for 99 customers out of a 100... I am still responsible for that 1 guy I didn't do a good job for. I don't get to just be a jerk a blow him off.

Also, the email he sent back was inappropriate. I don't care if he "isn't a people person" the guy was a douche and shouldn't talk to paying customers like that. Glad I haven't bought anything from him yet and thanks to this guy telling us about his experience, I never will.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Also, if you read the very first post the guy asks, "What would you do at this point".

I would try to get my money back. If that doesn't work working with the guy amicably, I would suck it up, wait till I get back and take him to small claims court. Whether he broke the piece at his shop or did not package it properly and it was damaged it in shipping, it is his fault. I don't care if he can weld better than Jesus, he broke the damn thing, buy the original dude a new one and sell that one on ebay if its "just as good"
Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

I read all of this because i have dealt with both lloyd and bret. Somehow I feel you left something out. You start showing your communication with bret as an email back form him without ever showing what you said to him. We have no way of knowing what you said to him to get that response. Kind of hard to form an opinion based on missing email. Just wondering why you either purposely or accidently left out this important part.

Last edited by chevyjeff59401; 05-02-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chevyjeff59401
I read all of this because i have dealt with both lloyd and bret. Somehow I feel you left something out. You start showing your communication with bret as an email back form him without ever showing what you said to him. We have no way of knowing what you said to him to get that response. Kind of hard to form an opinion based on missing email. Just wondering why you either purposely or accidently left out this important part.
the first email that i posted was sent to Lloyd, Dennis, and Bret (Had you read the entire thing you wouldve seen that in the last sentence). it is the first email sent to him and his was his first response to me. like i said already, all of the information is there
Old 05-03-2010, 06:35 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We clearly have a lot of classy members in this thread.

Quick Reply: Machine shop issues