LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Machine shop issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
I have dealt with Bret, I have his cam in my car. We have butted heads but he has ALWAYS treated me fair. He has my Super Vic doing the full monty to it and is about to ship it back.

I talked with him briefly about this deal through e mails.

Lloyd was his customer, not the OP. If Lloyd thought there was a problem with it it should have been shipped back to Bret when Lloyd got it.

Bret was put in a rush situation, in Brets words"an emergency" situation where it HAD to get done, The guy was jumping up and down wanting it done. Thats how it got from Lloyd to Dennis to Bret....to try and get it done ASAP for him.

Bret was prepared to pay shipping back to fix it until the OP got rude with all 3 involved in this deal, demanding a refund AND a new intake.

The lessons to be learned here?

If you want it done the right way, dont rush it. There is a reason why the guys who are good are slow(er). They are busy because they are good. All 3 in this tornado of bullshit are top notch.

If there is a problem, slow down...think about it before you close a door. Be nice...explain your point of view and let it simmer a while. Then call back and see if you can reach an agreement....dont DEMAND anything...you will get nothing.

And last but certainly not least...A lack of preparation on YOUR part does not constitute and EMERGENCY on my part. Dont put the other party in a position TO mess up.
you clearly didnt read the thread. i wanted a new manifold OR a refund. it was "an emergency situation" because it was put on the back burner for a few months (not by me). i had waited 4 months for the intake already so yeah when i found out about the condition of it i was mad, i wouldnt say that i was rude and i know that i didnt deserve to be talked to like that. the emails are posted feel free to read for yourself.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

im done with this, people know how they can expect to be treated if they're dealing with Bret.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 86formula
you clearly didnt read the thread. i wanted a new manifold OR a refund. it was "an emergency situation" because it was put on the back burner for a few months (not by me). i had waited 4 months for the intake already so yeah when i found out about the condition of it i was mad, i wouldnt say that i was rude and i know that i didnt deserve to be talked to like that. the emails are posted feel free to read for yourself.
I have read the thread.

The fact that it sat for 4 months still doesnt change the fact that Bret was put under the gun, doesnt matter by whom.

Bret told me you havent seen or touched the intake....so you are going on what other people are telling you. And if its that ace engine builder you got..wellll...

I am not here to defend Bret, he was banned from this site for speaking his mind...so he cant post here.

But I did want to give the other side, at least partially.

Bret will continue to get my business.

There is always THREE side to every story....the perp, the vic, and the truth.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Bret being put under the gun doesnt excuse the way that i was spoken to. and the pictures that i was sent are what im going off of. the same ones that are posted on here
Old 04-26-2010, 03:53 PM

I vote for putting this thread to rest. Turned personal.

If someone is getting Lloyd worked up. they are working extremely hard. ---
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bret is the subcontractor - the OP should be dealing with Lloyd and no one else.

Actually, your engine builder should be dealing directly with Lloyd. You're paying someone to do all this, let them earn their money!

You guys seem to think that people's time spent answering emails are free - it's not. it's our hobby, but it's their livelihood. When you deal with bigger-staffed shops that have dedicated phone people, their job is to deal with you. When you deal with small shops, that time is money to them.

Yes, Bret will never make customer service associate of the year - fortunately, that's not his job.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Somebody in this chain is lying about the damage to the manifold.

If Bret did it why would he send it back like that?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

I'm going to go ahead and say I've never been screwed by Bret Bauer. In fact I'm going to say that all of my encounters with Mr. Bauer have been informative, straight to the point, and overall positive. Bret refuses to shove a bowl of sunshine up peoples asses and that doesn't go over smooth with some people. Being in the military I figured you would understand that type of personality. Furthermore, I'm more concerned by people who tell me what I want to hear rather than the people who tell me how it is. When he's says it's a waste of his time to add holes in the intake that you cannot possibly use, well then yes, it is a waste of his time, and he should be compensated for that time.

I'll also say that if I were in your shoes, where folks are trying to help me out, I would have cooperated with the parties involved instead of burning my bridges. It sounds like everything could have been taken care of between Bauers' initial offer for repair and the money Lloyd Elliott offered to cover some expenses. I think that alone shows that those parties initially wanted to help you solve the issue. Lloyd, as always, went above and beyond, dishing money out of his own pocket, not only for the $100 offer, but the shipping of the intake across the country to help meet your deadline. If it were my intake, I would have accepted Lloyd's offer of monetary help, sent the money to Bret and had it fixed. Then I'd be that much closer to getting my car done, with no additional expenses, without burning bridges, pissing everyone off, and laying blame on people.

-Dustin-
Old 04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Bret refuses to shove a bowl of sunshine up peoples asses and that doesn't go over smooth with some people. Being in the military I figured you would understand that type of personality. Furthermore, I'm more concerned by people who tell me what I want to hear rather than the people who tell me how it is.
this...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

i love how all of the Bret Bauer nut swingers keep bumping the thread with personal attacks towards me at that lol. if you want a response to the nonsense that you post just read back through the thread.

Like i said, i warned people like i wanted to. people can make their own decisions.

oh and good job to those that personally attacked me as a military member, you're winners
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 PM
8 Second Club

i love how all of the Bret Bauer nut swingers keep bumping the thread with personal attacks towards me at that lol. if you want a response to the nonsense that you post just read back through the thread.

Like i said, i warned people like i wanted to. people can make their own decisions.

oh and good job to those that personally attacked me as a military member, you're winners
Who cares that you're in the military, I dealt with Bret while I was in the Corps. No one gives a damn that you are in the military. I don't know why you keep bringing it up like your going to get a special discount or 5 minutes of pity.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

i meant attacked me with "Being in the military I figured you would understand that type of personality" and "I'm glad the OP has the mentality of a 3 year old. As stated everything was offered to be fixed and he starts crying about 2 little cracks and wants a new one and wants everybody to eat the work that has been done to it. It also makes me feel real safe in my country knowing that all he has to do all day is sit around and post up threads to bash somebody who offered to fix the cracks when the shipping was going to be taken care of. That's showing those terrorist bastards...

I've been associating with Bret directly and indirectly for probably 4 years now and have had him do the final touches on my latest and greatest. I for one am a big fan of his cam specs. I'm going on my 3rd BRE cam in 2 different motors when this one is finished. He's always treated me great simply because I show him respect. I really don't have anything to say about him that hasn't already been said other than anything he does just works really f'n good. He's not like a lot of people who are going to say "oh.. screw it" He's going to work with you and with what he has and will get you the best possible outcome.

I really don't see the purpose of any bashing threads.. if anything you should stop wasting peoples & your time and stop crying so damn much since everything was offered to be fixed in a nice neat package that would have kept your hands free of it. Grow up man.. your supposed to be fighting for our country and you don't even know how to fight/solve your own battles." (from a different thread, got them confused). not that they're wrong for attacking because im in the military
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

btw, everyone else keeps bringing up the fact that im in the military, the only thing that ive ever said was that it makes it hard to communicate with people back home. anyone care to tell me that im lying about the communication part?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Teching In

i meant attacked me with "Being in the military I figured you would understand that type of personality" and "I'm glad the OP has the mentality of a 3 year old. As stated everything was offered to be fixed and he starts crying about 2 little cracks and wants a new one and wants everybody to eat the work that has been done to it. It also makes me feel real safe in my country knowing that all he has to do all day is sit around and post up threads to bash somebody who offered to fix the cracks when the shipping was going to be taken care of. That's showing those terrorist bastards...

I've been associating with Bret directly and indirectly for probably 4 years now and have had him do the final touches on my latest and greatest. I for one am a big fan of his cam specs. I'm going on my 3rd BRE cam in 2 different motors when this one is finished. He's always treated me great simply because I show him respect. I really don't have anything to say about him that hasn't already been said other than anything he does just works really f'n good. He's not like a lot of people who are going to say "oh.. screw it" He's going to work with you and with what he has and will get you the best possible outcome.

I really don't see the purpose of any bashing threads.. if anything you should stop wasting peoples & your time and stop crying so damn much since everything was offered to be fixed in a nice neat package that would have kept your hands free of it. Grow up man.. your supposed to be fighting for our country and you don't even know how to fight/solve your own battles." (from a different thread, got them confused). not that they're wrong for attacking because im in the military
i ordered a lt1 custom cam kit and my turn around was about a month, he responded to all my emails and phone calls.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the entertainment, everyone.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

btw, everyone else keeps bringing up the fact that im in the military, the only thing that ive ever said was that it makes it hard to communicate with people back home. anyone care to tell me that im lying about the communication part?
None of this nonsense matters. My cars going faster than yours!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
None of this nonsense matters. My cars going faster than yours!!!!
you never beat my old set-up's time did you? what makes you think that youll beat the new one? lol btw my heads might not be LE2s anymore
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Bauer Racing located in Fort Collins , Colorado by chance ?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good ol Bret Bauer. He was a **** head when he was on this forum and got banned. And I see he is still the same **** head he was then. I bought my LE2 setup during the Bret Bauer era. I refused to run one of his cams and he got pissed. Glad I didn't due all the people who did run them and destroyed the valve train of the heads because of them. **** him!!!! Glad to be installing AI heads, cam, and intake
Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
Is Bauer Racing located in Fort Collins , Colorado by chance ?
Negative, he is in upstate NY

Quick Reply: Machine shop issues