LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Machine shop issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dangalla
that is exactly what i told him over on cz28, but he just keeps changing his mind about what exactly the problem is. and he has people flaming me that dont even know what is going on

you cant post there but at least take a look

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749184
i have people flaming you? everyone posted of their free will.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 86formula
well lets make sure that we have one thing clear. when i called you about the intake the first time, it was ordered and sent to Lloyd right away for porting. Past that point i had no control over how fast it got to you so please dont try to blame me for the time frame that you got it in. If you want to blame Lloyd (like you blamed him for cracking the manifold) that is your call

i was never in contact with Bret Bauer, i was in contact with you through Lloyd. i sent a check to Lloyd with the money included that i was told was going to you to convert the intake. i didnt come on here bashing you saying that you treated me like Bret or anything else, just that i was not made aware of the decision to send the intake to Bauer racing engines. So i pay Lloyd, Lloyd paid you, you paid Bret right? i know that you didnt profit from the intake but money changed hands so many times (almost as many as the the blame) that i can only assume that this is how it went.

what problems? the fact that the holes in the intake arent round anymore? the gouges and scratches on the intake? the walls of the bolt holes so thin that theyll probably crack during installation? it looks like it was done with a fisher price tool set.
I am getting to the point I am loosing my cool...

First of all... If you are this stupid... sell the car and buy a patio set!

I ONLY do white label work.. IE I supply other engine builders! I explained this how long ago? IE... Tell Lloyd what you want and we will take care of it!

We had a time scheduled how long ago? If you want to blame yourself? Your engine builder? UPS... I DON'T CARE!

Lloyd was well aware of the cracking issue... and the incorrect use of the intake. he tells me YOU are the one that demanded this to happen.

Lloyd DID NOT SPEND A CENT WITH ME on your manifold...

Your engine builder called me and asked why the offset bushings were used... I can only say one thing to him and you... YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND! SBC bolt centers are completely different then LTx! No **** an offset bushing must be used!!!

Josh... I really don't care what you do w/ Lloyd or Bret... But if you continue w/ me I WILL put you on notice. I am spending time to help you and your engine builder understand what is going on out of my own pocket... and all you tell me is that you are in Iraq...and how hard it is in Iraq...

Lloyd also tells me he has only had 6 bad customers...and you are in that list. I can see why now.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

i have people flaming you? everyone posted of their free will.
the first two things i told you in that thread

there was more to the story
-and as dennis has already proven there is

your builder does not even know what he is talking about
-has been proven here by people who actually have the modification done

brett offered to fix it, if you dont want him to fix it then stop ******* crying about it. thank you very much for serving our country, but stop using that to make people feel bad for you

i dont like brett, but you have no right to go bashing him because you and your builder dont know what is going on
Old 04-24-2010, 10:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hineyspanker
YOU HAD TO WAIT A YEAR FOR A SET OF DARTS and CUSTOM INTAKE!!!
We went thru 3 different heads and 2 different intakes before we settled on the right ones, and it went from a stock to a full rebuild.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by airflowdevelop
I am getting to the point I am loosing my cool...
i dont care how mad you are getting to be honest
First of all... If you are this stupid... sell the car and buy a patio set!
Extremely mature
I ONLY do white label work.. IE I supply other engine builders! I explained this how long ago? IE... Tell Lloyd what you want and we will take care of it!
you need to get this straight with Lloyd then since he told me that he thought that i was handling everything with you so he must not be aware of the fact that you ONLY deal with other engine builders
We had a time scheduled how long ago? If you want to blame yourself? Your engine builder? UPS... I DON'T CARE!
i didnt blame you, i didnt blame my engine builder. Lloyd got the single plane straight from summit racing, if you think that all of this was because of how long it took to get the intake to you then take that up with him. i had nothing to do with that part
Lloyd was well aware of the cracking issue... and the incorrect use of the intake. he tells me YOU are the one that demanded this to happen.
you told me on the phone that the intake was cracked when you got it, and that Lloyd was aware of that. Lloyd told me to use this intake, i said that i wanted to put a single plane on the car and he said that this is the intake that i should use, that was when i ordered it
Lloyd DID NOT SPEND A CENT WITH ME on your manifold...
i was told that you sent it to Bret Bauer so why wouldnt i assume that the money came from your account then Lloyd paid you?
Your engine builder called me and asked why the offset bushings were used... I can only say one thing to him and you... YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND! SBC bolt centers are completely different then LTx! No **** an offset bushing must be used!!!

Josh... I really don't care what you do w/ Lloyd or Bret... But if you continue w/ me I WILL put you on notice. I am spending time to help you and your engine builder understand what is going on out of my own pocket... and all you tell me is that you are in Iraq...and how hard it is in Iraq...
Im sorry, put me on notice? please do tell me what that means and for what? Yes i told you that i was in Iraq because its hard for me to contact people back home when work hours have to be taken into consideration. i never once said anything about how hard it is in Iraq, just that this is a stressful enough situation and i dont need to lose sleep over this BS with the intake manifold
Lloyd also tells me he has only had 6 bad customers...and you are in that list. I can see why now. thats good to know, Lloyd i would suggest that you jump in on this at this point
Thank you Dennis, for making yourself look like an *******
Old 04-24-2010, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Lloyd is aware as of 1 minute ago...
Old 04-24-2010, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

the first two things i told you in that thread

there was more to the story
-and as dennis has already proven there is

your builder does not even know what he is talking about
-has been proven here by people who actually have the modification done

brett offered to fix it, if you dont want him to fix it then stop ******* crying about it. thank you very much for serving our country, but stop using that to make people feel bad for you

i dont like brett, but you have no right to go bashing him because you and your builder dont know what is going on
What did Dennis prove by his post? what more was there to this story? Bret did shitty work so no i do not trust him to fix it. and as far as the comment about making people feel bad for me, i find it funny that you believe something that isnt true from one person just because it supports your argument. Take the fact that im here out of the situation and Bret still fucked me just as hard
Old 04-24-2010, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by airflowdevelop
Lloyd is aware as of 1 minute ago...
Lloyd was aware as of yesterday
Old 04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Jesus H. Christ....it's not like we are dealing with a precision part here. I have had an Aluminum part that was more critical in nature damaged worse than this and fixed by a machine shop and you couldn't even tell it had ever been damaged.

Just let Bret fix the damn thing and get it on your car. Yes, Bret was a dick, but he did say he would fix it. And if I read correctly, Lloyd offered to cover shipping.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

What did Dennis prove by his post? what more was there to this story? Bret did shitty work so no i do not trust him to fix it. and as far as the comment about making people feel bad for me, i find it funny that you believe something that isnt true from one person just because it supports your argument. Take the fact that im here out of the situation and Bret still fucked me just as hard

dennis proved that you are withholding information to make him look bad, just like i said

i am not the one believing what one person said, that is your fan club that is flaming me and posting here with no knowledge of the situation or the modification at all, i am believing the facts

yes you got screwed, brett was a dick, but he offered to fix it and lloyd offered to pay shipping. honestly if i had to deal with a customer as hard headed as you i would be a dick too

if you did not want them to fix it, that is fine take it somewhere else, but dont go bashing him because of bad information your builder gave you adn two tiny scratches
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thehammer69
Jesus H. Christ....it's not like we are dealing with a precision part here. I have had an Aluminum part that was more critical in nature damaged worse than this and fixed by a machine shop and you couldn't even tell it had ever been damaged.

Just let Bret fix the damn thing and get it on your car. Yes, Bret was a dick, but he did say he would fix it. And if I read correctly, Lloyd offered to cover shipping.
Precision part or not, thats like buying a new car and having it delivered with big scratch on it and saying that it will still get you from A-B. then the dealer saying well repaint it rather than give you a new one even though it has 0 miles on it, or you can go pound sand
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

haven't had the time to ppst on any message board lately but i was sent a link to this. . . . . .

first off, there is ZERO, ZERO, 0, 0, 0, ZERO, ZERO, % of this on dennis. He is capable of doing the conversion and I have 100% faith in his work.

He spoke with you at some point (4-8 months back) about an intake conversion on an intake for a SBC intake to work on an LT1 head.

I have no idea what you talked to him about as i knew he could do it and even sent you his # for the conversion in the beginning. He doesn't usually take on jobs like this but was willing since I refered you. I am guessing it would have been a favor to me for him doing this work and I would have been grateful for him doing so.

YOU spoke with Dennis about the conversion to make the intake fit LT1 heads. I never spoke with him about your intake until it was shipped to him. I had assumed that you hasd been speaking with him as I never did until the haeds/intake was shipped off. Dennis had the heads and intake arrivbe from me and had no clue what to do, I told him the customer had been talking to him. He had no idea who you were until I jogged his memeory. It had been several months since you had spoke.

He was swamped and it would be a while before he could do the full conversion and remove water neck like you wanted and said Bret could do it in a shorter time period, use the same jigs and the intake looked the same when it was completed so I had dennis send the intake to Bret. Dennis never made a penny from the intake and was not contacted about doing the work as I thought you were contacting him.

I sent $$$ to Bret and not Dennis for the intake conversion since we could meet your time schedule better and you werte dead set on that time frame.

there are 5-6 customers over the last 15 yrs that I wish I could have passed on doing the work for varoius reasons. The intake fiasco defimiteluy put you on the list. other than the intake, I our business transaction was like all of the rest of my customers but if you include the intake fiascio, I would prefer to have not made the $$$ from doing business with you and never had to deal with all the intake problems what so ever.

Anyone thinking Dennis made a penny from this or deserves ANY criticism from this is wrong. If you are not haoppy with the conversion, it is on Bret. If you are not happy with the portwork, it is on me. Dennis is NO WHERE in this at all.

Other than a cracked bolt hole, what is wrong with the intake? Are there any other problems?

lloyd
Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Precision part or not, thats like buying a new car and having it delivered with big scratch on it and saying that it will still get you from A-B. then the dealer saying well repaint it rather than give you a new one even though it has 0 miles on it, or you can go pound sand
here you go with this again, this is a copy and paste from the other thread, in that one he used a new tv as his example so that is what i talked about

but its not a new tv

its a tv that you sent to one guy to make the screen bigger and to another guy to modify so that you can hook up your old school nintendo system with vhf connectors even though it was no designed to do so

it sucks that it was scratched and bolt holes cracked, but he offered to fix the cracks and you can not honestly expect them to buy you a new manifold and refund all the money for the tons of work that was done to it just because of a couple of scratches, that is just not reasonable

and again, two sides to every story, i am still not convinced that the manifold left his shop that way, could have been dropped in transit or your builder may have dropped it when he removed it from the box and scratched it then too

just to make this clear, i would be upset also, and i would not have sent my stuff to brett in the first place either, but i would be reasonable
once again i am done with this, the situation sucks but you need to be reasonable
Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

dennis proved that you are withholding information to make him look bad, just like i said

i am not the one believing what one person said, that is your fan club that is flaming me and posting here with no knowledge of the situation or the modification at all, i am believing the facts

yes you got screwed, brett was a dick, but he offered to fix it and lloyd offered to pay shipping. honestly if i had to deal with a customer as hard headed as you i would be a dick too

if you did not want them to fix it, that is fine take it somewhere else, but dont go bashing him because of bad information your builder gave you adn two tiny scratches
actually i was never out to make Dennis look bad, he did that on his own. some of the people who posted are in contact with me all of the time so they know a lot more about the situation than you.

i dont want him to fix it and i am taking it somewhere else. im letting everyone know about this because (as you stated yourself) i got screwed, and Bret was a dick.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NightTrain66
haven't had the time to ppst on any message board lately but i was sent a link to this. . . . . .

first off, there is ZERO, ZERO, 0, 0, 0, ZERO, ZERO, % of this on dennis. He is capable of doing the conversion and I have 100% faith in his work.

He spoke with you at some point (4-8 months back) about an intake conversion on an intake for a SBC intake to work on an LT1 head.

I have no idea what you talked to him about as i knew he could do it and even sent you his # for the conversion in the beginning. He doesn't usually take on jobs like this but was willing since I refered you. I am guessing it would have been a favor to me for him doing this work and I would have been grateful for him doing so.

YOU spoke with Dennis about the conversion to make the intake fit LT1 heads. I never spoke with him about your intake until it was shipped to him. I had assumed that you hasd been speaking with him as I never did until the haeds/intake was shipped off. Dennis had the heads and intake arrivbe from me and had no clue what to do, I told him the customer had been talking to him. He had no idea who you were until I jogged his memeory. It had been several months since you had spoke.

He was swamped and it would be a while before he could do the full conversion and remove water neck like you wanted and said Bret could do it in a shorter time period, use the same jigs and the intake looked the same when it was completed so I had dennis send the intake to Bret. Dennis never made a penny from the intake and was not contacted about doing the work as I thought you were contacting him.

I sent $$$ to Bret and not Dennis for the intake conversion since we could meet your time schedule better and you werte dead set on that time frame.

there are 5-6 customers over the last 15 yrs that I wish I could have passed on doing the work for varoius reasons. The intake fiasco defimiteluy put you on the list. other than the intake, I our business transaction was like all of the rest of my customers but if you include the intake fiascio, I would prefer to have not made the $$$ from doing business with you and never had to deal with all the intake problems what so ever.

Anyone thinking Dennis made a penny from this or deserves ANY criticism from this is wrong. If you are not haoppy with the conversion, it is on Bret. If you are not happy with the portwork, it is on me. Dennis is NO WHERE in this at all.

Other than a cracked bolt hole, what is wrong with the intake? Are there any other problems?

lloyd
WOW!

as normal... the genius to put life into words... That is WHY I like you!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Precision part or not, thats like buying a new car and having it delivered with big scratch on it and saying that it will still get you from A-B.
Actually, based on the entire discussion in this thread (which is all I have to go on), I think the more apt analogy would be...

1. you buy a car and discover a scratch

2. the dealership offers to repair the scratch by buffing it out

But instead of doing that, you demand a brand new car!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Cry me a river...

Seriously, you think the dealer isn't going to fix the scratch in the paint of a new car? Chances are, if there were scrathes, they already found and fixed them before you ever seen the car. Years ago, My brand new 91 Mustang GT had a small scratch on the roof when I took the delivery. I pointed it out, they arranged to fix it. It Looked just like new after.

let me ask you something. You sent a brand new manifold to be modified. Do you not expect to have some handling or tool marks on it after the fact? You are nuts if you did not expect this.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

actually i was never out to make Dennis look bad, he did that on his own. some of the people who posted are in contact with me all of the time so they know a lot more about the situation than you.

i dont want him to fix it and i am taking it somewhere else. im letting everyone know about this because (as you stated yourself) i got screwed, and Bret was a dick.
unless the new guy is Mike Stark.... I would be fixing it :-)
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightTrain66

lloyd
Well im glad that you cleared up that this has nothing to do with Dennis, i wasnt out to bash him but was under the impression that he made the judgment call to send the intake to Bret Bauer.

ill post more later but my time is up (limited time on public computers)
Old 04-25-2010, 06:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by infinitebird
Actually, based on the entire discussion in this thread (which is all I have to go on), I think the more apt analogy would be...

1. you buy a car and discover a scratch

2. the dealership offers to repair the scratch by buffing it out

But instead of doing that, you demand a brand new car!
I've dealt with this exact issue.. Bought a dually, went to pick it up, someone hit it w/ a sprinter... They offered to fix it.>I allowed them to.. and it's still smell's new..

Quick Reply: Machine shop issues