LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what to expect to pay for an lt1 SS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
So because you sell floors that makes you an expert in vehicle appraisals, appreciation and depreciation?

LMAO!
No... Im saying I know a lot more about sales than you do. When someone knows what they are looking for and you are the only person that has it, you can charge whatever you want for it. Theres no time limit on selling a car and people have the money around here. END OF STORY.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
No... Im saying I know a lot more about sales than you do. When someone knows what they are looking for and you are the only person that has it, you can charge whatever you want for it. Theres no time limit on selling a car and people have the money around here. END OF STORY.
Who the **** do you think you are? You don't know anything about me. Get off your high horse pal. You sell flooring.

I'm done arguing with you. You're a douche, and this post proves it.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR
There's no such thing as local sales anymore since the global village has evolved with an assortment of for sale sites on the world wide web. I see this 11 thousand dollar prize is still for sale... I wonder how much Hendrick SS cars are going for these days...
People fly and ship the cars they want across country all the time, who said it had to be a local sale? Do you think cars sell in a week? You guys crack me up not everyone is a broke cheap ***.
Do you think if some millionaire that had a 96/97 SS/ws6 back in the day and was looking for a clean SS/WS6 and found one he loved would hesitate to spend 30k to get it? Hell no he wouldnt and he wouldnt waste his time on a regular Z28 Formy/TA 200k mile POS either.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Who the **** do you think you are? You don't know anything about me. Get off your high horse pal. You sell flooring.

I'm done arguing with you. You're a douche, and this post proves it.
***** hurt? Im not on a high horse, Im sitting at my desk laughing. Dont be mad because my Idea of what a certain car is worth is different than yours and Im in sales for a living and your not. Boo ******* hoo.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

People fly and ship the cars they want across country all the time, who said it had to be a local sale?
You are getting confused. I was replying to the fact that you claimed the geographical location of a car could possibly influence the purchasing price. I simply stated in these days that is hardly the case.
Do you think cars sell in a week? You guys crack me up not everyone is a broke cheap ***.
It has nothing to do with how much money a buyer may have. It has to do with whether or not what is being sold is actually worth the price being asked. Any person who has any sort of business sense will always thoroughly investigate their purchase.
Do you think if some millionaire that had a 96/97 SS/ws6 back in the day and was looking for a clean SS/WS6 and found one he loved would hesitate to spend 30k to get it? Hell no he wouldnt and he wouldnt waste his time on a regular Z28 Formy/TA 200k mile POS either.
I guess you have it all figured out. So instead of catering to the general public when selling a vehicle that is not recognized as collectible to no one but maybe a handful of car enthusiasts you should throw that hook, line and sinker out to see if you'll catch a dumbfuck millionaire? Alrighty then.

Out of curiosity, do you think it was a good investment to spend $50,000 on a new Hendrick SS?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest who really cares people will do what they want so whats the point of arguing and getting pissed the op asked if the car is worth 11k IMO hell no but so some others it may be its just a personal opinion....I have seen a 97 ss go for just under 28K and I have personally bought a 96 ss for 600 dollars (btw it is being parted out; for sale thread in my sig)and a 97 ss that I parted out that I payed 1000 dollars for....
Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by 97camaross
to be honest who really cares people will do what they want so whats the point of arguing and getting pissed....I have seen a 97 ss go for just under 28K and I have personally bought a 96 ss for 600 dollars (btw it is being parted out; for sale thread in my sig)and a 97 ss that I parted out that I payed 1000 dollars for....
LOL... Love the lead up to the shameless plug.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep.....would love to be able to get that hood and airbox, but don't have the extra funds right now. Seeing as how you bought the whole car for $600, you would be making a killing off just those. I'm not bashing you though. I have parts that I got a great deal on, but wouldn't sell for less than at least close to what they are worth.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. This thread has gotten stupid. You guys should have let it be at my post a few days ago.

AC, you're not the only person in sales in this thread (how in hell do you know that Joe isn't?). I'm in sales...am I better than everyone else too? A better judge of the automobile depreciation market? Secondly, what the **** does that have to do with someone OVERPAYING for a car? Your "sales" argument borders on absurd.

You want to pay that for that car? Go for it. Feel like you can sell yours for a premium because it's "SLP?" Have at it. No one is saying you can't, we're just saying that the car in question is not worth the asking price, not to mention the others that charge the same premium.

This thread is null and void. All pertinent information was exhausted long ago. Do what you will...all sides of the argument.

What. The. ****.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

First off I never said I was better than anyone, but It seems someone must think that and its not me. All I said is Im in sales in one of the largest cities in North America and the largest flooring retailer in Chicago. Joe could be better at a lot of things than me I dunno.

SS RRR There are a lot more people in this area than almost anywhere else in America which increases the chances of a sale, and the fact that there is a lot of money in the area also helps. its not the same as selling a car in North Dakota or something. If I were selling my car I would not be catering to the general public at all, I would wait for the right person to buy it. As far as a Hendrick SS goes its not worth it to me but its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Lastly I could give a **** about the value of my car, but know what I would pay to get the exact car I want again. If I did care I wouldnt have ripped it all apart and modded it. The only thing absurd to me is that, a couple people that wouldnt pay that for car is arguing for the rest of the world which is funny as hell IMO.
In the end its what someone is willing to sell a car for and what someone is willing to pay for it. There is no right answer, just because its not worth it to you has nothing to do with the rest of the world.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Village Troll

The only thing absurd to me is that, a couple people that wouldnt pay that for car is arguing for the rest of the world which is funny as hell IMO.
You have that backwards. For now, the rest of the world could give two ***** about the worth of a SLP f-body. It is only a "couple of people" who are dumb enough to pay far more than what the car is actually worth.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Those couple people is all it takes. I got my point across, its all I care about even if other disagree. Doesnt really matter to me anyways.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

BS aside. Lol. If it helps at all I sold my Firehawk about 4 months ago for 8k. It had 95k on it but was in very very good shape. Not a single issue and had the original wheels and exhaust. I bought it for $8300 two years before that. I would think an SS would be available for less since there are about 4 times as many SS camaro's out there than Firehawks. I think $6k-$8k is reasonable for a nice SS. If it's absolutely immaculate with low low mileage probably a little more, especially if it's a 6 speed car.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Village Troll

Those couple people is all it takes. I got my point across, its all I care about even if other disagree. Doesnt really matter to me anyways.
Well good luck to you if/when you decide to sell yours. I'm sure there is an over emotional baller millionaire just salavating to get ahold of your car if you decide extravagantly inflate your asking price from its actual worth. I mean we all see how well it's working out for the individual's eleven thousand dollar gem. There must not be enough millionaires in his hood...

Originally Posted by za355tx
BS aside. Lol. If it helps at all I sold my Firehawk about 4 months ago for 8k. It had 95k on it but was in very very good shape. Not a single issue and had the original wheels and exhaust. I bought it for $8300 two years before that. I would think an SS would be available for less since there are about 4 times as many SS camaro's out there than Firehawks. I think $6k-$8k is reasonable for a nice SS. If it's absolutely immaculate with low low mileage probably a little more, especially if it's a 6 speed car.
... and has all genuine/authentic SLP parts.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Its all good mine is not for sale and wont be anytime soon.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

SSRRR, yes I failed to mention those prices would be for an all original car IMO.

Quick Reply: what to expect to pay for an lt1 SS?