LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tunerpro RT V5 Tutorial

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the tuning tables, like WOTvscoolant vs whatever...all the coolant temps are in celsius, I want farenheit.

Also I see no table with IAT, or MAT. Like timing VS iat VS coolant temp

I see no tables for tuning timing or fuel vs inlet air temp.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

OKits all workin, how do you activate datalogging and then retrieve it to review it?

Is it data tracing?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I would like to know the same
Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1badzee
There is a red button looks like a stop sign to the right of the connect button, that starts datalogging.

WHat I dont understand is I have 4 modded bins for my car, when I open them up they all look identical in the wot timing tables, sup with that?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Launching!

So let me get this right...This program will let you datalog, edit, and program the PCM, all in one? and it is "Free"

How much of a learning cure is there, how does it compare to Lt1edit and tunercats?
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
In the tuning tables, like WOTvscoolant vs whatever...all the coolant temps are in celsius, I want farenheit.

Also I see no table with IAT, or MAT. Like timing VS iat VS coolant temp

I see no tables for tuning timing or fuel vs inlet air temp.
Not sure on the fahrenheit thing, cant do it with tunercats either as far as I can tell.

On that IAT tuning, I dont see any tables like that in tunercats either. The only table I see that is in tc but not tunerpro is "Inverse Temperature Correction Term vs IAT".

OKits all workin, how do you activate datalogging and then retrieve it to review it?

Is it data tracing?
Yes it is data tracing. There is a button at the top to turn that on and off...

When you hit the red button to start logging, then hit the stop button, a dialog box will automatically pop up and ask you to name the log file. Name it and save it in a known location, then you can go to Acquisition > Load Log File to open a past log, and play it back.

There is a red button looks like a stop sign to the right of the connect button, that starts datalogging.

WHat I dont understand is I have 4 modded bins for my car, when I open them up they all look identical in the wot timing tables, sup with that?
Not sure what's going on with that. Are you using the compare function? Everytime I open a new table the values update in all the tables, I just tried it to make sure.

Originally Posted by Raven97
So let me get this right...This program will let you datalog, edit, and program the PCM, all in one? and it is "Free"

How much of a learning cure is there, how does it compare to Lt1edit and tunercats?
It does not allow you to load the tunes, but yes it does datalog and edit. You need to download Winflash to load the tunes, as outlined in the tutorial. Winflash costs $20 after the first month. There is a simple hack that allows you to use the trial version as much as you want, I'm not going to go into it but I'm sure anyone can figure it out if they're resourceful enough, since the "timer" in winflash references what ever your time and date settings on the computer are...
Old 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

So I finally tested out the logging on tuner-pro. It works I guess. But the numbers are ALL over the place. Not steady by any means. TPS % would jump around as well, when I was nowhere near the car and it had a nice steady idle. Temp would jump from like 30*-170* in heartbeats, when the car was cold lol. Anyone else have a problem like this?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

So I finally tested out the logging on tuner-pro. It works I guess. But the numbers are ALL over the place. Not steady by any means. TPS % would jump around as well, when I was nowhere near the car and it had a nice steady idle. Temp would jump from like 30*-170* in heartbeats, when the car was cold lol. Anyone else have a problem like this?
Down at the bottom there is a thing that says DA: connected or not connected. if thats flashing its intermittently connected and will make the dashboard do that.

On mine you have to hit datalist views then acquire data.

I got mine connected but didnt know how to log, I do now thanks to Greg just havent done it.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, it flashes and says, Connected, then says ALDL error, then back to connected, back and forth. Hmm
Old 06-27-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Veteran

ALso I see no PE tables in this tuner, how do you add and subtract fuel????
Old 06-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Launching!

I just tried to read from the car and I am having the same problems that 1badzee had except that I did not have the DA:connected flashing it stayed solid connected the whole time while my data numbers were jumping all over the place. the numbers read nice and steady with freescan
Do you have to click the show datalist view before hitting the acquire data button? or does it not really matter?
Also just to the left of the DA:connected box it said Hardware not found, what does this mean?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

You know what's strange is that it never does this on my car, but on my buddies car it does it quite a bit. I think his car has some kind of interference on the ALDL stream because we have also had tunes interrupted while uploading, and nothing like this has ever happened with my car.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

ALso I see no PE tables in this tuner, how do you add and subtract fuel????
They are there, %change to air fuel at wot vs coolant temp and %change to air fuel at wot vs rpm.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Raven97
I just tried to read from the car and I am having the same problems that 1badzee had except that I did not have the DA:connected flashing it stayed solid connected the whole time while my data numbers were jumping all over the place. the numbers read nice and steady with freescan
Do you have to click the show datalist view before hitting the acquire data button? or does it not really matter?
Also just to the left of the DA:connected box it said Hardware not found, what does this mean?

Just play with it, I've gotten it to be smooth on my friends car by disconnecting / reconnecting etc. It is always smooth as silk on my car.

The "no hardware found" is referring to emulation hardware, nothing to worry about.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Launching!

OK I will 'play' with it some more, it is wierd because other dataloggers dont have the problem.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gregrob
You know what's strange is that it never does this on my car, but on my buddies car it does it quite a bit. I think his car has some kind of interference on the ALDL stream because we have also had tunes interrupted while uploading, and nothing like this has ever happened with my car.
Yeah, it does say something about error or w/e. I guess I will keep connecting and disconnecting. Could also be the cable I am using. It's one of Moat's first ones and it's really unstable lol
Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gregrob
They are there, %change to air fuel at wot vs coolant temp and %change to air fuel at wot vs rpm.
Is there a way to know how to work in this table? I make a boo boo here and it could be fatal on mine.

Here is whats in that table now

Enlighten me?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, it does say something about error or w/e. I guess I will keep connecting and disconnecting. Could also be the cable I am using. It's one of Moat's first ones and it's really unstable lol
Are you hitting datalist first and then connect? Fixed it on mine.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ever get the injector duty cycle working for the dash? Also, can you log trans functions such as shift time and rpm? This would be helpful for my nitrous tuning. Thanks for the tutorial!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not able to go to the download screen, am I missing something?

-Dustin-

Quick Reply: Tunerpro RT V5 Tutorial