LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tunerpro RT V5 Tutorial

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleMark
Several posts up I gave a link to LT1 info which has an Excell spreadsheet for doing the speedo caculations, there is also a WOT locker which is an incredible difference at WOT. Use it on your bin and add about 20 % fuel to WOT... on a stock motot and you get close to 12.8 to 1 AFR with no O2 cross counts!
Very nice of you, thanks. Joined the Gearhead site as well.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EagleMark
I got a new ADX built for TunerPro that is solid as a rock, no more glitches!
Like the other guys I'm having the glitching problem. I tired the EE_V3 and the glitchy data got a little better but the problem still exists. When I load the new ADX file off of the Gear Head site the glitchy data gets worse. If I use the original EE XDF along with the V3 ADX the problem stays the same. At this point I'm not sure what else I could do to fix this

Originally Posted by Alvin@Tick
Download the file, remove the .hpl extension and you should be good to go. This one is set up for a 20 msec pause. You can change it to fit your needs in the edit ADX - Commands - Mode 1 Message 0 Pause
Can anyone make a manual verison of this ADX for me? Or guide me through the process of adding the 20 msec pause?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 01-05-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lots of good info. Is there a place that explains what each table does, and advice on what and how much to change. For example how do I add fuel at idle in open loop.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Default oil level sesor Code 52

I am running a Corvette bin on the Camaro I have been tunning and I am getting a SES light for code 52 Oil Temp sensor, which the Fbody does not have. Does any one have that flag added to an .XDF file? Or does anyone know the address so that I can add it to my .XDF and turn the bit off?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, I just wanted to update I used tunerpro for the first time tonight with Al's pause added at the beginning and it worked.... FLAWLESSLY.

It was rock solid smooth, just as good as my EFI Live logging software on OBD II vehicles.

Here is the code, you can open your EE_Auto.adx or EE_Manual.adx file and paste this code directly after the </adxheader> tag...

I will also be updating nightdash.txt the files available for download on my site with the pause added.

Thanks to Al for mentioning the fix. I should have tried it a long time ago!

Code:
  <ADXCLISTENSILENCE id="M1M0pause" idhash="0x5EF379D0" title="Mode 1 Message 0 Pause">
    <desc>Wait on packet drop</desc>
    <silencelen>0</silencelen>
    <totaltimeout>20</totaltimeout>
  </ADXCLISTENSILENCE>
Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good to know gregrob.

Anyone have a more complete $DA3 definition than the one on the tunerpro website?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

I think bobby will **** his self with a race gas and a 150 shot tune. But now theres another happy f body owner. Cant wait till you tune mine calvin.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 96lt4c4
I am running a Corvette bin on the Camaro I have been tunning and I am getting a SES light for code 52 Oil Temp sensor, which the Fbody does not have. Does any one have that flag added to an .XDF file? Or does anyone know the address so that I can add it to my .XDF and turn the bit off?
You should be able to turn that off in the constants.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gregrob
You should be able to turn that off in the constants.
It would be a flag or a switch, I have already found and added the flag.

Name:  Corvetteoiltempflag-1.jpg
Views: 2231
Size:  72.6 KB

The Corvette is the only model that got the oil temp sensor. I cold not get the .xdf to upload even by changing it to a .txt. Send me a message if you want it.

Last edited by 96lt4c4; 01-14-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you editing the .adx files through TunerPro? I've done some research on this and I can't figure it out. PM sent for site name.

Ray

Here is the code, you can open your EE_Auto.adx or EE_Manual.adx file and paste this code directly after the </adxheader> tag...

I will also be updating nightdash.txt the files available for download on my site with the pause added.

Code:
  <ADXCLISTENSILENCE id="M1M0pause" idhash="0x5EF379D0" title="Mode 1 Message 0 Pause">
  </ADXCLISTENSILENCE>
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Tagging this! Schools open! Got a lot of learning to do.

Anyone want to throw me a link as to where I can get a cable for an 1994 OBDI pcm?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl....html?cPath=64
Old 02-01-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LT1RAY
Are you editing the .adx files through TunerPro? I've done some research on this and I can't figure it out. PM sent for site name.

Ray
You can edit them via notepad.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

awesome!!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96lt4c4
It would be a flag or a switch, I have already found and added the flag.

The Corvette is the only model that got the oil temp sensor. I cold not get the .xdf to upload even by changing it to a .txt. Send me a message if you want it.
You can add that to the xdf, heres the info:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-sesor-Code-52

I've had a couple people say the adx still glitches and I checked it on other cars other then may LT1 and sure enoguh it did glitch on first connection, disconnect and reconnect and it was solid? Did this on three differant LT1 and all worked. It may be I have a macro to silence HVAC in my Buick LT1, if your remove the HVAC macro from Engine Connection may be the issue. But it still worked everytime but needed to be connected and got wrong data, then disconnect and reconnected and was correct no glitch data.

It has had the 20msec pause in it from begining...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
$EE-16188051-V3.2.zip (14.2 KB, 89 views)
Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

Guys, I just wanted to update I used tunerpro for the first time tonight with Al's pause added at the beginning and it worked.... FLAWLESSLY.

It was rock solid smooth, just as good as my EFI Live logging software on OBD II vehicles.

Thanks to Al for mentioning the fix. I should have tried it a long time ago!

Code:
  </ADXCLISTENSILENCE>
Glad to see the pause worked. I was getting worried for a bit. Do you have the updated ADX files anywhere to download? I downloaded and edited the ones previously attached in this thread to add the pause. Guess I will try it out this evening. Also, I have an A4 PCM but converted to M6. Should I use the manual ADX?

I was trying to give TTS some business to get the latest version of Datamaster but their systems have been down for who knows how many days and they can't issue me an auth code. WTF? If this is how their customer service is, then I don't want any part of it.

I also have a question for those who have used the logging. For the data acquisition speed, how many records/frames per second does TunerPro capture? My old copy of Datamaster is only capturing 2 frames per second. Seems like that is pretty low compared to other logging tools.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Thumbs up Tusind tak (In Danish it means a thousand thanks)

My 1994 Pontiac SSEi is a great vehicle when it runs. I changed out every part known to GM and then some. When I changed the crankshaft position sensor and it wouldn't even srt, I gave in. I bought the TurnerPro V5 and started crying as soon as I installed the program. I spent hours trying to figure it out. Negative results. Next, I prayed until I fainted. Negative results. I then resorted to my duckduckgo.com search engine and up popped your tutorial link.

In fifteen minutes I was up and running.

You are to be commended.

Tusind tak.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

I have a question i have a aldl cable from my scan tool if i get the usb adapter for the end of my cable to the laptop will it work?? or do i need some special program specific cable? great thread btw!!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

My cable from AKM has a dongle on it so I'm pretty sure you'll need that in addition to the cables. Andrew (AKM) sells the complete cable with the appropriate ends for your OBDI port/USB, dongle and a CD with the USB to Serial drivers.

Originally Posted by Z28harcor
I have a question i have a aldl cable from my scan tool if i get the usb adapter for the end of my cable to the laptop will it work?? or do i need some special program specific cable? great thread btw!!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

Very nice write-up

Quick Reply: Tunerpro RT V5 Tutorial