LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bleeding Clutch, power bleeder?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010 | 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I was about to post the same thing. I thought I was the only one that couldn't find a bleeder valve in the system. Why in the hell would they that?

My friends clutch fluid needs to be changed and there no way he is going to by a new slave to do that.
You can use an old turkey baster to suck fluid from the res. refill w/fresh this method will take a few times but works...Done the same way with brakes too.

OP
you can continue to nickle and dime but the solution to the problem is just buying a new assembly.i realize you are selling the car but its taking too much time for such a small repair,between your time,labor and stress your new assembly would be paid for besides the two parts work together why mix old with new like that?
Old 07-28-2010 | 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
You can use an old turkey baster to suck fluid from the res. refill w/fresh this method will take a few times but works...Done the same way with brakes too.

OP
you can continue to nickle and dime but the solution to the problem is just buying a new assembly.i realize you are selling the car but its taking too much time for such a small repair,between your time,labor and stress your new assembly would be paid for besides the two parts work together why mix old with new like that?
Actually, you are wrong in the brake statement as on brakes you have bleeder valves and you must open them up to cycle all of the fluid of the lines to properfly flush the system as you will always have old fluid in your calipers and lines if you don't. I think what you meant is this is the same method for PowerSteering fluid flush as with the PS system you once again don't have a bleeder valve and you must cycle the new fluid in with the old fluid several times to get it cleaned out.
Old 07-29-2010 | 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

so i replaced the leaking slave, bled it and all that... and its still doing the same thing.

order a master now? nobody around here had one, which is why i didnt get it. guess ill order one at ws6store
Old 07-30-2010 | 05:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Actually, you are wrong in the brake statement as on brakes you have bleeder valves and you must open them up to cycle all of the fluid of the lines to properfly flush the system as you will always have old fluid in your calipers and lines if you don't. I think what you meant is this is the same method for PowerSteering fluid flush as with the PS system you once again don't have a bleeder valve and you must cycle the new fluid in with the old fluid several times to get it cleaned out.
can't be wrong if i have done it on many cars! another way may be available though....
Old 07-30-2010 | 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
can't be wrong if i have done it on many cars! another way may be available though....
Doesn't mean it's the correct way. One day you'll have a brake failure since you've never actually replaced the old fluid in the lines or calipers.

Quick Reply: Bleeding Clutch, power bleeder?