LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pacesetters or ebay stainless headers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question pacesetters or ebay stainless headers?

ive heard good and bad from both pacesetters and the ebay stainless LTs. im not tryingt o spend $900 on headers and not waiting for LPPs, so should i go with paces or ebays ? what to do what to do?
Old 09-11-2010, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

I bought Hooker LT's back in the day. If I could do it again I think I would have went with the Pacesetter's.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

coated Ebay LT's FTW!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Teching In

I just had this delima, i ended up getting the pacesetters off another member. I was also going to go with the ebays by other choice.
IMHO go with the pacesetters. theyre pretty cheap. And its going to be a PITA to install them anyways. From what i hear the ebay ones dont have the best fitament.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The ebay LPP knockoffs have horrible fitment. The best fitting ones are the ones from eworldsales. They are pacesetter copies.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

I bought the pacesetter stainless knock offs off eBay back in march, and they fit awesome! Ory was a good fit as well.

Only complaint I had, was the bolt holes could use to be cleAned up a bit, maybe run a 1/64" larger drill thru it and they would be perfect IMO.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have ps lts and ory they were a bitch to get on but fit nice
Old 09-12-2010, 02:39 AM
12 Second Club

Pacesetters are the way to go. Most other headers have terrible fitment and are in the way for spark plug changes. I changed my plugs all from up top under the hood in less than an hour with my Pacesetters. Just make sure you get coated ones or find some really good high temp paint. The paint burns off the painted ones the first time you drive the car and you're left with ugly headers covered in rust. I would take pics but it's dark out so you couldn't see them anyway.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:39 AM
10 Second Club

i have 2 lt1 z28's. one with pacesetter lt's and one with ebay stainless knockoffs from eworld sales. the knockoffs fit just like the real pacesetters. only minor prob was the y-pipe rubs on the floor brace under acceleration.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headers i have from 1ap2ap (i think thats the persons name) are pretty damn good. They required abit of banging but when there in there real nice. Theyve been on y car or afew months and theres no sign of rust or anything like that. Im thinking about evn sending them out to get coated or even wrapped to keep the engine bay temps down abit. i think theyd be perfect when i do that.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had both the coated Pacesetter LTs and the eworld sales Stainless LTs and you can't go wrong with either, I choose the stainless ones for my new engine simply because they'll never rust. I also brought a Pypes stainless universal 3" x pipe to go with it.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

Eworld sales don't have them anymore, he ran out.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

I got the ebay stainless with the y pipe, and love them. I went that way because I didn't want the EGR or AIR anyway. I couldn't find anything else under $600 without emissions. I paid $300 w/shipping. This was a new rebuild, so not sure how hard it is to install without pulling the motor.

There are a few things I wish I would have known before I bought them. 1st, the steering u joint rubbed real bad, so I had to grind it down. 2nd, you have to cut your old pipe by the drive shaft and get a 2 3/4 in sleeve and clamp to connect it. Might be the same with all headers though, I wouldn't know. Good luck....I don't think theres a wrong choice, but I had to go stainless.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have coated TPIS non-emission longtubes and the fit on them is better than any I have seen in person or in pics. I did not install them, as they were on the car when I bought it, but I do not see any signs of hammering, grinding, or anything of the sort. The steering knuckle isn't even close and the tubes clear the stock k-member fine. The #1 primary is routed different than any other brand I have seen and I think this is why they fit so well.
All that being said, if I were buying new, I would buy a set of Ebay stainless ones and at least give them a try. Who wouldn't love a set of stainless headers? If the fit was THAT BAD, you could always re-sell them and get almost all of the $310 shipped that you have in them.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:16 AM
TECH Addict

I got a used set of LPPs. That's your best bet. Or find a wrecked car with Kooks. I almost did that too. The headers alone were worth what the guy wanted for the whole car.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

I just put in pacesetters, and hearing all the horror stories from the other brands on here I don't know if I would use anything else. The fitment is great. The passenger side slid into position within seconds, after I lifted the engine up a bit.

I would have liked to try eworldsales1 stainless pacesetter knockoffs, but he hasn't had stock in a while. He wanted a ton for the last set he had on ebay as well. I did get a stainless Y from him really cheap though.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got the eBay ones from eworldsales. Not sure he sells them anymore. They fit incredibly well, hug the frame real nice. You can't even tell they are there unless you look under the car, or start it and listen.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Travis Johnson
I just put in pacesetters, and hearing all the horror stories from the other brands on here I don't know if I would use anything else. The fitment is great. The passenger side slid into position within seconds, after I lifted the engine up a bit.

I would have liked to try eworldsales1 stainless pacesetter knockoffs, but he hasn't had stock in a while. He wanted a ton for the last set he had on ebay as well. I did get a stainless Y from him really cheap though.
I've been watching those too....it seems that the ones he sold were the best fitting...while all the others seem to be LPP knockoffs instead of Pacesetter knockoffs. Sure his weren't stepped, but at the power levels most of us are at, that wouldn't make a whole lot of difference. I'd take the better fit any day. It's too bad noone else seems to sell the same ones. Surely eworldsales didn't have a monopoly on the supplier.

Quick Reply: pacesetters or ebay stainless headers?