LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

11.17 with the H/C 350 today

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
With times like that you might just convince me to pull some weight out of my car.

Far as practical, had a carseat and booster in mine at the same time, have to take the slicks out of the trunk to make room for a stroller though. Quiet enough for passengers to nap in too.
DO IT! It's been years now since you first cracked into the 11's and I've been waiting for you to pull out the stops now that your car is even more capable. I noticed last week you had some GREAT air up there, even better than we had here in this stinkin low pressure Ohio valley.

Up for a roadtrip the weekend of Oct 22? It's Fall Break for the kids; so weather permitting, Mikey and I are going over to Cecil County MD to re-write the record books

"........carseat ...booster....stroller.." you're cracking me up..lol! I remember those days with mine...carseats, trailer hitch... family car, towing the skiboat. No carseats anymore, and the pickup takes care of the gruntwork and DD duty.
FWIW, I drove to the track and made one pass this summer to get an idea of the bottom end of the performance spectrum of my car as it sits now: Full interior, exhaust on, belt on, stock front wheels, 85 degrees, 2400' DA, no cooldown after driving it there, in fact it probably sat there and heatsoaked the intake in the 15 min it took me to bolt on the slicks and tech in.
11.76 @ 115.0 1.57 60'.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtienut
DO IT! It's been years now since you first cracked into the 11's and I've been waiting for you to pull out the stops now that your car is even more capable. I noticed last week you had some GREAT air up there, even better than we had here in this stinkin low pressure Ohio valley.

Up for a roadtrip the weekend of Oct 22? It's Fall Break for the kids; so weather permitting, Mikey and I are going over to Cecil County MD to re-write the record books

"........carseat ...booster....stroller.." you're cracking me up..lol! I remember those days with mine...carseats, trailer hitch... family car, towing the skiboat. No carseats anymore, and the pickup takes care of the gruntwork and DD duty.
FWIW, I drove to the track and made one pass this summer to get an idea of the bottom end of the performance spectrum of my car as it sits now: Full interior, exhaust on, belt on, stock front wheels, 85 degrees, 2400' DA, no cooldown after driving it there, in fact it probably sat there and heatsoaked the intake in the 15 min it took me to bolt on the slicks and tech in.
11.76 @ 115.0 1.57 60'.
Dewayne he has got me pulling weight out of mine now too. So listen to him.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Update

11.06 @ 121.6 at Cecil County, MD yesterday.
I made no suspension changes, thinking the typical good track prep at Cecil would do it for me. No such luck The track was in good shape; I have some homework to do. I spun every run; best 60 was a 1.514 on the 11.06 pass. They should have been 1.45's in that good air.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soooo freakin' close. Get the car to 60' like it should and it will be in the 10's. Congrats on the new PB!!

Quick Reply: 11.17 with the H/C 350 today