LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Chandlermotorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by old93camaro
Now every one changes there negative statement after he comes back....what a joke i'm like Chandler you will always have the people that just talks bad about a business just to do it and he proved his point. Just an example, when walmart was called a slave camp for low pay of workers and great prices to consumers how many of you all stop going there......yea none so how can you not buy a good product because one bad apple has one bad experience?????
Horrible analogy.

I have never and will never shop at a Wal-Mart.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now whanaB's case, definitely deserves an apology from me. He did get to me last week. That's my bad,

This is why i replied what i did. He admitted he was wrong and there was a confusion that we talked about over the phone. For me im glad it was solved. I never once said not to buy from them, i just said this is what happened to me and buyers beware. I would buy from him again knowing the circumstances. What u do is ur buisness and ur opionions of what i do are just that, opionions.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

Now every one changes there negative statement after he comes back....what a joke i'm like Chandler you will always have the people that just talks bad about a business just to do it and he proved his point. Just an example, when walmart was called a slave camp for low pay of workers and great prices to consumers how many of you all stop going there......yea none so how can you not buy a good product because one bad apple has one bad experience?????
Well that's not entirely true. Walmart is a whole different ballgame. For a small fry like me even 1 bad review is a big deal. The whole reason I even made time to jump on here, with the time I don't have right now is because sales went from 6-8 units a day down to about 1-2. Whenever that happens I know someone is posting about it. I mentioned this on my phone conversation. It was his intention not to scare people away, but just to inform people of his experience. However, people are quick to map others poor experiences as what they will likely experience and still be pessimistic about positive experiences.

The problem is that 80-100% of people who have a bad or even sub par experience are vocal about it. A much smaller portion that are happy do the same. At this point I will say we've probably sold about 2000 units combined and I would be hard pressed to find more than 30 customer posts about the product across the web. Not counting feedback on eBay of course.

That in itself is a indicator of the phenomenon I'm talking about. I can assure you if we consistently operated in a way that we had week long response times not only would we be stripped of Top Rated Selling status on ebay, we'd be kicked off, and also out of business.

Either way, I was happy to get two people taken care of today. Both admittedly my fault. One shipped the wrong product, and another handled very slow. Lets just in general try to keep the dirty laundry off the forums, as its very time consuming and also sends the wrong message. They key message to take from this is most sellers will work with you, just give them a little time and consideration.

Besides Jegs and Summit, I would say most if not all the operations selling parts have less than 5 employees. Some of the service heavy locations are better staffed, someone like MTI etc But in general, most of us are car guys that are just trying to survive. And these days that means running a VERY lean operation. Low overhead, minimal employees etc

Anyways, I'm blabbering. Cheers to the forums.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports

Either way, I was happy to get two people taken care of today. Both admittedly my fault. One shipped the wrong product, and another handled very slow. Lets just in general try to keep the dirty laundry off the forums, as its very time consuming and also sends the wrong message. They key message to take from this is most sellers will work with you, just give them a little time and consideration.

As much as you appeal, I don't think you can keep people from saying what they want to say. You admittedly messed up, they complained, you fixed it. If you don't want the dirty laundry aired, then does the same go for clean laundry? I appreciate that you don't want any negative things said, but that's part of busisness. Complaints are always more prevalent than accolades.

People want what they want. You promised the moon (some said "too good to be true") and when some people did not get it, they complained. They don't care about why or how many people you have working for you. All you can do is your best to keep the complaints to the minimum. I neither endorse or object to your product.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I'll give CMS a good review

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports

The problem is that 80-100% of people who have a bad or even sub par experience are vocal about it. A much smaller portion that are happy do the same.
My $0.02 -

Got my seventh Opti from ChandlerMotorSports - two days after I selected the "Buy it Now" button. Very fast shipping.

The unit itself seems to be of the same quality as the various Non-GM (i.e. - Summit, Autozone, etc...) Optis I've put on over the past six years.

Even though I've gotten really good at replacing them (2 hours start to finish, including jacking up the car and cleaning my tools), I still hope I never need to install an 8th...
Old 10-07-2010, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy from some one else. these optis r junk out of the box over 50% of the time. and you will have to wait 3 or 4 days to hear back from them if you cal or e mail

Last edited by SexyTransAm; 12-24-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Now every one changes there negative statement after he comes back....what a joke
what a joke indeed, some people in this section are such narcissists
way to show some support to a new vendor for us, no wonder no one wants to do anything new for us LT1ers...