LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

afr 210 comp. heads or a.i tfs 215s

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Puck
None taken, but I am well aware of the inherant differences among flow benches. If you have followed my posts, you will also notice that I'm the first to mention that flow numbers - just like dyno results - are not only incomparable, but fairly useless in the grand scheme of things.

You guys have an awesome product both in your 200cc GM castings and the TFS 215s, which I often suggest to others(I even suggested them to the OP in this very thread), but there are still some of us - no matter how small of a minority - that are looking for more...and have the shortblock, computer, and supporting mods to actually make it all work.
Certainly, and I appreciate your recommendation very much. A large part of what I was getting at was that newer design castings will have more potential, even at sizes many would bypass for their application because of the old school reliance on X flow # = X hp potential. That isn't to say older style heads can't be made to work well. A large 23deg head w/ super victor etc. should manage 500rw bare min, normally mid 5XX's, and ~600rw NA on the higher end. As 500rwhp is "the #" for alot of guys, it is tough to suggest more than our 215cc head. Still, as I'd indicated prior, if a few guys want to step up over the winter to a more serious top-end for 550-700rwhp NA, that is plenty doable. In any case, good luck w/ your project!

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
you know im in phil lol......got the shortblock and the pcm to do it and i think i got one other guy for you too who would be in on it.......
Mike, you're one of a kind. Don't ya want to get it running what it should as it sits? I suppose more power wouldn't hurt.

Originally Posted by SPRAYED Z
For the best performance, we naturally suggest you not put together a top-end piecemeal. While we have guys who do that and manage to run exceptionally well, they are usually somewhat experienced. The primary reason we like to sell a complete top-end is because it increases the probability that you'll not only meet your goals, but manage to do so reliably. Without clearly defined goals and a budget, it is tough to suggest parts. Good luck!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Advanced Induction
Certainly, and I appreciate your recommendation very much. A large part of what I was getting at was that newer design castings will have more potential, even at sizes many would bypass for their application because of the old school reliance on X flow # = X hp potential. That isn't to say older style heads can't be made to work well. A large 23deg head w/ super victor etc. should manage 500rw bare min, normally mid 5XX's, and ~600rw NA on the higher end. As 500rwhp is "the #" for alot of guys, it is tough to suggest more than our 215cc head. Still, as I'd indicated prior, if a few guys want to step up over the winter to a more serious top-end for 550-700rwhp NA, that is plenty doable. In any case, good luck w/ your project!

Mike, you're one of a kind. Don't ya want to get it running what it should as it sits? I suppose more power wouldn't hurt.

For the best performance, we naturally suggest you not put together a top-end piecemeal. While we have guys who do that and manage to run exceptionally well, they are usually somewhat experienced. The primary reason we like to sell a complete top-end is because it increases the probability that you'll not only meet your goals, but manage to do so reliably. Without clearly defined goals and a budget, it is tough to suggest parts. Good luck!
yea i know its got 9.80's or so in it I'll get it there next year..........then maybe a bit more power lol
Old 11-02-2010, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Advanced Induction
It is interesting that some feel they need more potential than our 215cc TFS head when the overwhelming majority don't build engines that will run our 200cc CNC'd GM casting to potential, much less our TFS casting based heads. That isn't intended as a slight against anyone, but most balk when we tell them they need to build the engine around the top-end, which can require a different piston/header/etc. to run best. We do have higher capacity port arrangements in other castings, but we haven't ever invested the $ in producing them for the LT based crowd due to lack of demand.

If you guys truly feel you want an LT option with more potential than what we currently have, then we're more than happy to produce it if a few will step up and commit.
Well i will be buying a new set of heads this winter, as of right now the plan is AFRs heads,Pm me or post

Last edited by kline454; 11-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kline454
Well i will be buying a new set of heads this winter, as of right now the plan is afr227 comp heads,Pm me or post what you think you guys can offer to make more power, My comb is staying the same as last year just changing the heads,385ci,12-1cr,egale H-beam rods,egale 4340 crank,Diamond racing custom N2o pistons,solid roller.670lift,267-274 duration @ .050,(JOE SHERMAN CUSTOM n2o cam)super vic intake,prosystem carb, will be spraying 225-250hp, car went 9.4s@140-141 this year on spary and 10.8s at 122-124 on motor,@3400lbs, i was running le3 lt1 heads flowed 292-205@.600 294-207@.700.
hey i remember ur car from the shootout
Old 11-03-2010, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who wants to buy my AFRs so I can get a set of Airwolf 220s??? If quik95lt1 is upgrading I need to, even if my car isn't running yet
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
Who wants to buy my AFRs so I can get a set of Airwolf 220s??? If quik95lt1 is upgrading I need to, even if my car isn't running yet
take it easy wicked lol...........im gonna run it like this next year....we wanna see what we can get out of it........maybe before the shootout next year I'll talk with AI and see what we can do for more aiiirrrrrrrrr lol......
Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
hey i remember ur car from the shootout
Yes sir i was there, and thats the reason for the new heads,On my first spray pass at the shootout i had the deck of the head sink and melt,Heads where milled a few two many times.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kline454
Yes sir i was there, and thats the reason for the new heads,On my first spray pass at the shootout i had the deck of the head sink and melt,Heads where milled a few two many times.
ouch!!!!! yea thats not a good time lol....i was wondering what happend wit ur car......
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z

Orrrrrr you could man up and get the offset Airwolf 245s and have them hand ported .

$$$
Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know bryce... we'll see how much he can hook it up on a set of 220s and a ported supervic combo. He and roger did my AFRs last year.

Quick Reply: afr 210 comp. heads or a.i tfs 215s