LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problem No Turnsignals

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem No Turnsignals

Ok the other day i noticed the passanger side turn signals were not blinking and were just a solid light. I looked and found one of the tail lights out. drives side worked fine. Replaced all tail lights on both sides and when to check if that fixed the problem, Figuring it was the flasher that went bad i replace the flasher today and still no luck. i checked all the fuses and none are blown. I can manually blink the lights all around the car. the only lights that havent been replace are the front turn signals but i can get all the lights to flash when i use the hazards.
Im just wondering that i might have bought a defective flasher. Its just drivinng me nuts because all the lights are working as they should all light up and will flash with the hazards on.
My next think to do is to replace the bulbs up front and when i looked at them yesterday the passanger side one is burn on the end of the socket. Not sure when that happened because im the 3rd owner on the car and its always worked before.
Im just running out of ideas why they dont work.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have this problem too they say its a bad ground or wire idk its my dr side that doesnt blink on mine
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

i dont understand how in 2 days i can go from them working to half working to not working at all now
Old 11-02-2010, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

it could possibly be the turn signal switch inside the steering wheel housing. From what i was reading on autozones site was that it can cause the turn signals to not work at all or be on all the time, but if that was the case wouldnt they not light up at all even if i was to move the switch up and down manually. If i do that i can get them to blink so i can drive it just wanna fix this problem before i wear that switch arm out.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

idk mine broke cause of my kids bt it didnt change anything it still sticks on dr side did you look at the wiring
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DisturbedTA
idk mine broke cause of my kids bt it didnt change anything it still sticks on dr side did you look at the wiring
not yet...thursday when i go to school ill be able to get a wiring diagram from alldata and start tracing from there

more the mean time im happy i can at least drive the car and not worry about tickets lol
Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Launching!

i'd try replacing the front bulbs like you were going from there. If that's not it, check the ground on that turn signal. I had to fix a cracked wire on my 85 because the driver's side wouldn't blink. fixed the ground wire and it's worked just fine since.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem in my TA and it was a bad bulb socket ground. Worked fine after that and still is
Old 11-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by 97 Trans Am ws6
Ok the other day i noticed the passanger side turn signals were not blinking and were just a solid light. I looked and found one of the tail lights out. drives side worked fine. Replaced all tail lights on both sides and when to check if that fixed the problem, Figuring it was the flasher that went bad i replace the flasher today and still no luck. i checked all the fuses and none are blown. I can manually blink the lights all around the car. the only lights that havent been replace are the front turn signals but i can get all the lights to flash when i use the hazards.
Im just wondering that i might have bought a defective flasher. Its just drivinng me nuts because all the lights are working as they should all light up and will flash with the hazards on.
My next think to do is to replace the
hid bulb up front and when i looked at them yesterday the passanger side one is burn on the end of the socket. Not sure when that happened because im the 3rd owner on the car and its always worked before.
Im just running out of ideas why they dont work.
Your problem sounds just like the other guy who posted earlier. If one of them doesn't work then the problem is most likely because your blinker burned out.. If both of them doesn't go on then you might have to replace the flasher unit. Hope this helped.

Quick Reply: Problem No Turnsignals