LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fixed my overheating problem yay.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm dealing with this also. I'll try the new t-stat but I'm also sure I didn't bleed the car properly after a coolant flush...
Old 11-06-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah it isnt the sbc one thanks for the lookout. so far the new thermostat is working great.i test drove it a couple times and its been running great.

lol that ***** funyy the chick with the omg myk bought an ls1 lol.

well if you bleed it well and it keeps doing that it could be your thermostat. i suggest try bleeding it again and if it keeps doing that then go for the new thermostat like i did. oh and test out your old thermo myk.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:28 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

I shoulda' just replaced the t-stat while I was flushing it; that's a common maintenance practice anyway but....I was trying to cut corners so here I am.

Yeah I used to work with the girl in my 'sig-total ditz, spaztic as hell but a really funny girl. When I first bought my '99 T/A I thought I was so goddamn cool, I was like "yeah baby, this thing's got an LS1" But instead of giving me the fellatio I thought I deserved for owning an LS1 she literally says, "ZOMG Myk has an LS1!......" Seconds later she's like "um what does that mean?"

Chicks...Lol...
Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by myk
I shoulda' just replaced the t-stat while I was flushing it; that's a common maintenance practice anyway but....I was trying to cut corners so here I am.

Yeah I used to work with the girl in my 'sig-total ditz, spaztic as hell but a really funny girl. When I first bought my '99 T/A I thought I was so goddamn cool, I was like "yeah baby, this thing's got an LS1" But instead of giving me the fellatio I thought I deserved for owning an LS1 she literally says, "ZOMG Myk has an LS1!......" Seconds later she's like "um what does that mean?"

Chicks...Lol...
lmao & your sig quote hilarious
Old 11-07-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol shes cute though lol. I wish someone could say omg cris has an lt1 lol. ima find me an airhead chick to say that and start the lt1 quote lol. trans am and camaros are the **** lol
i hate when women say mustang cars are pretty.

but anyways my car ran great this week i am so happy because it did not gave me problems and i took it far with my gf . had a good time and it ran so fresh and cool.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 323steel36
lol shes cute though lol. I wish someone could say omg cris has an lt1 lol. ima find me an airhead chick to say that and start the lt1 quote lol. trans am and camaros are the **** lol
i hate when women say mustang cars are pretty.

but anyways my car ran great this week i am so happy because it did not gave me problems and i took it far with my gf . had a good time and it ran so fresh and cool.
nice good u fixed it, i also fixed my overheating problem as well
Old 11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 323steel36

Glad you fixed your problem. I finally got around to taking off my t-stat to test it, which I should've done in the first place, and discovered that it wasn't opening!

Goddamn it. What have we learned kids? Don't take shortcuts! And date airheads! Lol...

Edit: Did you guys use gasket sealant? The factory manual says just to use the o-ring, but....

Last edited by myk; 11-10-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by myk
Glad you fixed your problem. I finally got around to taking off my t-stat to test it, which I should've done in the first place, and discovered that it wasn't opening!

Goddamn it. What have we learned kids? Don't take shortcuts! And date airheads! Lol...

Edit: Did you guys use gasket sealant? The factory manual says just to use the o-ring, but....
i believe my buddy used rtv

Quick Reply: Fixed my overheating problem yay.