LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8
View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Bolt on only heads up style class at the 2011 LTXshootout?
YES! i think thats a great idea!
89.74%
NO! waste of time no one will show!
2.56%
who cares?
3.85%
camaroracing12 stfu and stop posting garbage like this!
3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

New class proposal for 2011 ltxshootout

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being a first time participant of the LTx Shootout in 2010, I would say that the stage is already set to welcome cars of this nature. I am attempting to get a couple of my local buddies to make the hale down to BG next year for the Shootout, just because they see how shiked I still am over it. I would say cars of this nature still have a home at the Shootout now, but your idea would be pretty cool as well.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
^^^ lol i've never done it before but i'd be willing to i guess lol
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!

lol jk this could be an interesting class just dont know if there would be many competetive cars most "bolt on only" cars don't run wat the fast bolt on cars do. i guess a weight limit would help that
Old 11-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Also could the motor be rebuilt using stock only parts? I definitely think it sounds fun and if there was enough interest i would consider running in this class.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

I think in order for the event to continue to grow there has to be more people help with things like tech and scaling the cars. I know Tony & Kyle have a lot on their plates putting this thing together and that was very cool of Gizmo to volunteer to help with tech.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

i say do it. gives the slower guys a chance to race that dont have 1,000's to spend on their cars like myself but can still have fun at the shootout.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by GIZMO
You would be surprised what people will do for a trophy!
Here is just a few.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a class like this sounds really cool. but one you get to thinkin bout it it would be way to hard to enforce. the slow cars have two calasses to run in, index and or bracket. its not like the slow cars r getting shorted.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

minimum weight would be a requirement.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

On another note, can we move the shootout closer to the left coast in 2011?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

I'm kinda starting to like this idea. If it happens, I may be bringing two cars of my own to the 2011 shootout.

Of course my '96 will be making an appearance again, but right now I'm in the process of swaping a stock '97 LT1 into my 91 Z28. My plan was to get it running before I did any internal engine mods...but of course its getting headers, stall, and all the rest of the bolt ons from the get-go.

Might make for a fun contender in a fairly low-buck, heads up class. And I know of at least one other local car (my brother-in-law's formula) that would make an appearance in a class like this
Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

This class would be very cool I would even volunteer to do the tech. It would have to be Sunday morning, because there is no way that I am missing Saturday nights activities!!
hahahah i agree!!!! if i go to the shootout im gonna be f**ckedd up every night lol as i am at the moment lol if it happens sunday morning i think my lights mightt bee a lil off lol even tho i have NEVER launched off a pro tree (since i've never been fast enough to compete heads up or in index's) thats why this class would be soo cool!

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
I think in order for the event to continue to grow there has to be more people help with things like tech and scaling the cars. I know Tony & Kyle have a lot on their plates putting this thing together and that was very cool of Gizmo to volunteer to help with tech.
i would be willing to do the weight scaling, since i have no expirence with cams or ported heads i wouldnt be much help in that area of the tech department. but i would be willing to scale cars after i run.

im glad their is a lot of interest in this class. i think it would be fun especially if people are honest and not d*ckheads. we are LTX guys not LSX guys remember that! haha j/p lol i also think if u enter this class u should automatically be put into the bracket class when ur knocked out just like in the world cup finals race at MIR. it gives bolt on only racers more incentive to make the trip. kinda like a 2 for 1 deal if ur knocked out u at least get a chance in brackets.

I hope tony is looking at this thread
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

also if this class gets the go ahead i will promote it myself throughout the country via the internet and regional forums. i think it could bring a higher car count to the shootout itself
Old 11-23-2010, 03:50 AM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
On another note, can we move the shootout closer to the left coast in 2011?
+1 to that lol

and id like to add my vote to the class proposal
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This class would be very cool I would even volunteer to do the tech. It would have to be Sunday morning, because there is no way that I am missing Saturday nights activities!!
agreed lol........yea I think this class is a fantastic idea.....it should increase attendence by quite a bit i think......Tony we should talk to the other tony about this......i really do think its a great idea and I'd be more than happy to help out the shootout with whatever we need

the shootout is filled with great people i think this would bring even more in......cant wait till 2011!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:42 AM
8 Second Club

I think it is a great idea but let me throw something out there.

2008 shootout. We had 52 cars
2009 shootout. We had 46 cars
2010 Shootout. We had 40 cars

Does this look like a trend? It seems every year the interest is huge for the event. But alot of people talk the talk but can't walk the walk. To the racers that show up and some every year this is not pointed at you guys/gals. Everyone says they will make it no matter what months before the event. Then a week before the event I get tons of emails, pm's, ...etc saying they can't make it for one reason or another.

We have catered to the slower (stock) style cars well. We added an index HEADS UP racing class this past year. It was a fun class that was enjoyed by the racers. I am surprised we did not see 75+ cars this year.

Luckily Kyle and I have been able to pay the bills for the event and have some left over for payouts each year. That alone is a great success even with less sponsors stepping up every year. GMHTP magazine has been promoting the race every year trying to get more participants as well. The life of our only LTX race is in your (ltx community) hands. If the numbers keep dropping, the race will go away and we will never have a race of our own again.

Now with that said, if we add this new class, will more cars show? will it take away from other classes? What is the right thing to do here?

All in all the event is huge for our community even with the low car counts. This year the quality of cars were better, and as stated in the magazine article it seemed like a big time event venue rather than a small time operation. It is a blast! One you will never forget! And one you can meet your online buddies for the first time.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i think the money situation was stressing alot of people this year also tony......idk i'd like to think this class would bring alot of people that are local to the beech bend area (couple of hours) in for the race.......i mean how many bolt on cars are there vs. heads/cam cars?? just IMO
Old 11-23-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Colin91Z
I'm kinda starting to like this idea. If it happens, I may be bringing two cars of my own to the 2011 shootout.

Of course my '96 will be making an appearance again, but right now I'm in the process of swaping a stock '97 LT1 into my 91 Z28. My plan was to get it running before I did any internal engine mods...but of course its getting headers, stall, and all the rest of the bolt ons from the get-go.

Might make for a fun contender in a fairly low-buck, heads up class. And I know of at least one other local car (my brother-in-law's formula) that would make an appearance in a class like this
Same here, I may bring two, or one or the other! LOL... Pulling my long block and trans from my Z and looking for a roller to throw it into. Just a simple bolt-on car to have some fun with. Plus, I got rims, tires, and a lot of other spare goodies to throw on it. That way if my Z isn't finished for the next Shootout, I will have this one. I'm down, but again, I don't think that people that would fall into this category know you already have a home at the Shootout.

As for this year, I really pulled out all the stops financially going to the Shootout, even though I had to move and I have been supporting my parents since my dad ran out of unemployment, even though my junk was not running right. All my buddies I hang with with LTx cars are being forced to go next year. I am in the works with my buddies Jon and Porter to pick up a couple rollers or running Z28s for them to get together at my place. Of course, a lot of people talk the talk, but don't walk the walk, but I am doing what I can to get people from SE Michigan to go. It's really a crying shame that Taner and I were the only people from my area that went. I mean, this place is crawling with LTx F-Bodies, Imps, and Vettes.

On Facebook, I am friends with a lot of people from the Bowling Green area that have LTx F-Bodies, Paul Stratton and his buddies. Run the event guys! I think this event is participant-friendly to the max, and you can learn so much!

Last edited by ZGOBYBY; 11-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You should have 2 bolt-on classes. A bolt-on class for the people who drive their cars daily with the comforts of things like air and heat, full interior, the true bolt-on car, and a class for the bolt-off stripped version of record seekers. A bolt-on heads up race should not allow weight reduction.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 AM
9 Second Club

very cool!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by lt1-xjs
You should have 2 bolt-on classes. A bolt-on class for the people who drive their cars daily with the comforts of things like air and heat, full interior, the true bolt-on car, and a class for the bolt-off stripped version of record seekers. A bolt-on heads up race should not allow weight reduction.
I think if you start getting TOO many separate classes it will be very hard....

I think a bolt on heads up class with a min weight would be ideal....

where is 2011 shoot out gonna be?

Quick Reply: New class proposal for 2011 ltxshootout