LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please tell me someone has more information about this LS1 headlight conversion!w/pic

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for this anyone going to try it and actually do a good job? I'd like to see it with stock lights and actually trim the bumper cover instead of recessing them way back. I know that they don't fit the car, but that doesn't mean that you can't make the car fit them

Someone else give this a try....I want to see if its worth jumping into haha
Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Launching!

i recently had my front bumper destroyed and since i am replacing a bunch of the front clip i am gonna try to see what i can come with for this. Ill mock up the lights recessed and flush mounted just to show everyone. Just waiting for parts at the moment.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:01 AM
TECH Regular

i did projectors on my car. i think it'd be a lot easier and look a lot better than trying to cram ls1 lights in there, especially with the way they're shaped

here's a pic of what i did:

Old 12-11-2010, 03:27 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry but that looks like **** IMO^^^. All of the round lights that I have seen put in an LT1 camaro look like complete ****

I'll take my horrible stock lights over that look any day, sorry just my .02

Last edited by Turnin20s; 12-12-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

to each his own, personally i couldn't stand the stock lights. but everyone has their own preferences. plus with the projectors i could upgrade to HID's which were a night and day difference, literally! here's a comparsion to stock pic, i think they look a lot better, but like i said, everyone has there own personal preference

Old 12-12-2010, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by boostedlt1
to each his own, personally i couldn't stand the stock lights. but everyone has their own preferences. plus with the projectors i could upgrade to HID's which were a night and day difference, literally! here's a comparsion to stock pic, i think they look a lot better, but like i said, everyone has there own personal preference

Its all good man, sorry if I came off sounding like a dick, I was in a bad mood last night after work

But I agree everyone has their own preference, mine is the rectangle headlights. But I know these cars lights suck, I have HIDs in the stock housings and its better but the light is thrown everywhere. I try not to drive at night much, theres alot of deer and small animals and I really don't want to hit any of them, they do alot of damage LOL

Maybe they look better in person, but to me its always seemed like putting a square peg in a round hole, only in this case its a round peg in a square hole
Old 12-12-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Regular

naw man it's all good i know how those nights are.. having one right now! haha women...

back to the thread though... lol.. i'd like to see someone actually do this and post pics of multiple angles, if done right i think there's a chance it could look good
Old 12-12-2010, 02:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Now that we've gotten our work days panty twist off our chests we can get back to business

It looks like ***. I like in the above pic of how the nitrous line is like right up on the alt pulley. Was that supposed to route like that?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Now that we've gotten our work days panty twist off our chests we can get back to business

It looks like ***. I like in the above pic of how the nitrous line is like right up on the alt pulley. Was that supposed to route like that?

since you want to get back to business...

yes. yes it is. i put the nitrous on, sprayed it a bottle through it and took it off to build my turbo set-up. the line cleared the alternator pulley the way it was, but i still tied it back just to be safe. i know its not the way you would've done it but i just worked with what i had since i knew it was just coming right back off
Old 12-13-2010, 05:46 AM
On The Tree

I've seen a S13 triple projector headlight assembly in an LT1 car before, and it looked similar to how they did the mod in this thread. There are two steps to get it to work:

1) Do a lot of cutting, possibly notch the frame to get them to fit.
2) Fabricate mounts where you can aim them properly.

If your afraid of cutting up your bumper to fit the LS1 headlight assembly in, this mod isn't for you.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 4K+Converter
I've seen a S13 triple projector headlight assembly in an LT1 car before, and it looked similar to how they did the mod in this thread. There are two steps to get it to work:

1) Do a lot of cutting, possibly notch the frame to get them to fit.
2) Fabricate mounts where you can aim them properly.

If your afraid of cutting up your bumper to fit the LS1 headlight assembly in, this mod isn't for you.
As long as the car didn't get cut up too bad. The header panel is replaceable as well as the bumper, but bumper now we're talking repainting.

I'm not a fan of halos in anything especially a camaro, but I think that if someone modded their car with a set of LS1 style whistler modded stock headlights it would look alot better and not look like a transformer, possibly.

I personally don't think I would ever do it to my car, but I would consider it if someone pulled off a good looking setup. But for now I'll stick to my HIDs in the stock housings until something better comes along.

I know about a year ago someone on LTXtech was trying to fab some projectors in a stock size headlight, that way it would keep the square housings and have a projector for a good light cutoff. I don't know what ever happened to it, but I think it was call911 that was starting it. I may give this idea a try next summer if I have time. IIRC the problem he was having was that he couldn't find a light housing the same size that was smooth glass. You might be able to make a cover for the projector out of lexan (SP) but it may get scratched really easily

Quick Reply: Please tell me someone has more information about this LS1 headlight conversion!w/pic