LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Built a New Cut-out

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010 | 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
Thanks man, im looking foward to it. Today just sucked *****! Is that your TA in your sig ? I havent seen it around before
Yea man, I didn't take it out too much this summer since my rear is making noises. But I'm the only white WS6 that I've seen in the area.
Old 12-01-2010 | 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 67 LS1 Vert
what keeps it from stripping out? I don't see any limiters. Just wondering???
The butterfly valve has a rim around it. half on one side and half on the other. That way when the cutout is closed it seals around somewhat.. When its open it bottoms on the lip, preventing it from turning past 90* As far as not holding the switch longer then needed... im just going to have to count lol
Old 12-01-2010 | 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by APG12
Yea man, I didn't take it out too much this summer since my rear is making noises. But I'm the only white WS6 that I've seen in the area.
I can tell lol I havent seen one, ever i think. My cars pretty hard to miss. Even tho its not the only white lt1 camaro. Its certainly the only one with wagon wheels, and the only one that sounds as good as mine Im sorry to hear that about your rear tho man. Im still in the process of building up my 8.8" but wanted a change in pace. Doing the cutout was a good break for me lol
Old 12-01-2010 | 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

I can tell lol I havent seen one, ever i think. My cars pretty hard to miss. Even tho its not the only white lt1 camaro. Its certainly the only one with wagon wheels, and the only one that sounds as good as mine Im sorry to hear that about your rear tho man. Im still in the process of building up my 8.8" but wanted a change in pace. Doing the cutout was a good break for me lol
I've seen one or two white lt1s in the area but none that sounded too unique. Yea, I was just looking at your build page. I think my pinion bearings shot so I'm trying to make it last till I have some money for a 9".

I talked to you one time before on here a while ago I think. A little late now with the winter coming in, but we could pull the rides out and meet up one of these days. I don't know anyone else around here with an f-body.
Old 12-02-2010 | 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by APG12
I've seen one or two white lt1s in the area but none that sounded too unique. Yea, I was just looking at your build page. I think my pinion bearings shot so I'm trying to make it last till I have some money for a 9".

I talked to you one time before on here a while ago I think. A little late now with the winter coming in, but we could pull the rides out and meet up one of these days. I don't know anyone else around here with an f-body.
I kinda wished i saved for a midwest chassis 9" but oh well..

The only other person i know is my friend jessie with an all black 93' camaro. When the weathers nicer well def do that man. I drive mine all year round (except snow) so idc about the weather lol

BUT As promised... Installed pics and video of my cutout!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HlJuJimcy4

It works flawlessly! as you can tell.. No clearance issues and its so far proving to be reliable. I wonder if itll hold up better then my QTP or my DHM did

PS: dont mind the messy wires.

Last edited by SoxXpupPeT; 12-02-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Nice bro looks good.. glad it worked out. Are you running custom exhaust? I got a borla on mine and it sounds nice and loud, but I wanna throw a cut out on eventually.

I usually put mine away for the winter, but it's still out now.
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Sounds sweet Sox! Long vid with the cutout open to hear that cam breathe would be great if you get a chance
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:24 PM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member

ingenious and it opens quick!
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Wow guys thanks for all the positive feedback! i wasnt expecting everyone to love it Tomorrow it should be on the car. Im just hoping i dont run into any snags with it clearing the pipe... *Fingers Crossed*

I don't love it... i think it's junk...

OK man.. you got me... I'm just jealous i don't have the skills to make one LOL The speed is AMAZING!!! my (BRAND CENSORED) cut out takes 9 secs to open and close But, one bit of critique... it does look a bit bulky. But hell, if it works better, i'd be willing to modify my set too.

FYI, i've had my (BRAND CENSORED) cut out motors fall off on me too, but that was back when (BRAND CENSORED) first started making them.
Old 12-02-2010 | 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

Did anyone mention how awesomely fast that thing opens and closes???

I think a "how to" should be typed up and stickied!!
Old 12-04-2010 | 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks guys! I couldnt be happier with it. Its been great so far. Ill try to keep updated with how its going. I open it around 10-15 times a day and all without a single hiccup. Time will tell if the motor will wind up on the middle of the road somewhere
Old 12-04-2010 | 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Great work! Ive never thought of putting a cutout where yours is. Looks like a good idea though
Old 12-04-2010 | 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Great work! Ive never thought of putting a cutout where yours is. Looks like a good idea though
Thanks. Its the best place i could think of. Just after the Y pipe and without any bends. Its a complete straight shot, and it works great. I can feel the added power when i open it. It isnt just all noise like open headers.
Old 12-06-2010 | 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Love it!!!
Old 12-06-2010 | 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Very nice, I love the afro engineering!!!
Old 12-06-2010 | 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ~BuMps AloT~
Love it!!!
thanks! I Love it too

Originally Posted by Phstratton
Very nice, I love the afro engineering!!!
Ty. perhaps this is due to it being a monday, and me feeling like my legs are asleep.. what do you mean by afro engineering ?

Quick Reply: Built a New Cut-out