LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 Z vacuum help???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Z vacuum help???

Hey guys,
I have a 93Z that I parked about 5 years ago. Just recently got it up and running again. Had to replace the fuel pump and she fired right up.

Now that it's running again, I'm having a idle problem and intermitent fuel smell problem. She stumbles at a bit at idle and surges just a bit when you just let off the brakes.

Most of this got worse last week after I disconnected the heater hoses and did the heater core flush. BTW, heater works great now.

Got to looking at it today and noticed that under the cowl and above the engine, there is a large OD line with a valve in the middle of it (runs side to side). On this valve is a nipple that faces straight to the bottom of the car and I can feel that it draws vacuum however I cannot find the line that attaches to it. I looked thru shbox website and could not find a pic of this particular part.

Getting ready to leave for Vegas with this car 2mrw and would like to resolve this issue.

Also any suggestions for the fuel smell would be great. Comes from the back of the car, nothing under the hood.

Thanks Fellas!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Launching!

fuel smell can be leak fuel filter connection. Vacuum lines: i think there is a sticker on the radiator cover with it, or if u want I can take a pic and post it for u.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Teching In

I tried to use the vacuum sticker attached to the cover, no luck. This is approximately a 1/8" nipple about an inch long going down. Its just to the right of the intake manifold if you were facing the car.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Hey, if you car is still stock the pipe must be in this diagram, otherwise u have to post me a pic of it. I dunoo how to upload pics like the otrer guy do, so here goes.
Attached Thumbnails 93 Z vacuum help???-untitled2.jpg  
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Ok, here is a pic of what Im trying to find the line for.

Any ideas???
Old 12-10-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A.I.R. bleed valve per shbox site. Nothing attaches to it.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lt1-xjs
A.I.R. bleed valve per shbox site. Nothing attaches to it.
Well Damn!!! I've been chasing my tail on this for 3 days. I don't ever recall seeing that hanging there. Guess that what happens when you haven't been under the hood for 5 years.

Thank You very much for the info. I guess it's time for a tune up and see if that solves the idle stumble. Again, Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: 93 Z vacuum help???