LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question!

what are your opinions on a good setup for DD? Just bought a 93 camaro few months ago and right now it has bbk headers, flowmaster exhaust, gutted cat, 3in cut out, lt4 hotcam, and 25oo stall... looking for more power but street friendly
Old 01-14-2011, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the BBK's are a shortie header and with a cam that is just choking the motor so I would upgrade to the Long tubes and get rid of the flowmaster unless you like the way it sounds plus you have a cut out so your good there.

You going to be taking it to the strip at all? If so A bigger stall would be a good choice as well.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM

what are some good longtubes? thought about some true duals and slp ss intake. What about something for the bottom end?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eNoHtoannn
what are some good longtubes? thought about some true duals and slp ss intake. What about something for the bottom end?
I personally like the Pacsetters, but a lot of people seem to have the hooker headers
Old 01-14-2011, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Look my hookers
and have true duals as well and they seem to out perform the Cat back guys and its no where near as loud IMO I wish I could get bowtie4life to chime in and tell the world I have a quite exhaust system lol.

but hookers are good of course I never used Pacesetters so I wouldn't know and won't knock them because I simply don't know. You have a budget in mind? that always helps when trying to help someone with mods
Old 01-14-2011, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM

not really much of a budget, since these will be done from time to time. just wanna have a list so i can get started. goals are to upgrade headers, exhaust, stall(3200 or 3400) and gears. just dont know what gears would be more appropriate for a DD.

to sexytransam:
this is my search. i rather go to a forum and ask car enthusiasts for their opinion, rather than going to a site reading **** im clueless about. Dont wanna help? then dont post.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

not really much of a budget, since these will be done from time to time. just wanna have a list so i can get started. goals are to upgrade headers, exhaust, stall(3200 or 3400) and gears. just dont know what gears would be more appropriate for a DD.

to sexytransam:
this is my search. i rather go to a forum and ask car enthusiasts for their opinion, rather than going to a site reading **** im clueless about. Dont wanna help? then dont post.
Amen! They were born with knowledge of ALL cars and mods so they were never in your position. LOL

But If I had to my mods all over again my order would be

1. Drag Radials (for track)
2. Stall converter 3600-4000
4.Gears
3. CAI/LS! lid
4. headers full exhaust all at once
5.1.6-1.7 rockers on stock cam
6.EWP

But I was ignorant on the subject a year ago and didn't listen to people and I did mine all *** backwards but she's running good and with them mods your car will be quite impressive.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Well the BBK's are a shortie header and with a cam that is just choking the motor so I would upgrade to the Long tubes and get rid of the flowmaster unless you like the way it sounds plus you have a cut out so your good there.

You going to be taking it to the strip at all? If so A bigger stall would be a good choice as well.
I won't say choking the engine. He's not making enough power for the exhaust to "choke" his engine. He's prob making 310~ rwhp. His exhaust is fine for his set up. Don't get me wrong LTs would help but money could be spent better in other places.

OP, I'd get a dyno tune from someone that knows their LT1s. Not some weak programmer tune junk. A real dyno tune on a real dyno.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by texas94z
I won't say choking the engine. He's not making enough power for the exhaust to "choke" his engine. He's prob making 310~ rwhp. His exhaust is fine for his set up. Don't get me wrong LTs would help but money could be spent better in other places.

OP, I'd get a dyno tune from someone that knows their LT1s. Not some weak programmer tune junk. A real dyno tune on a real dyno.

Mail in order tune will do you just fine on a cam only car no need to waste your money on a dyno tune until you gets heads.

And shorties vs long tubes with a cam is not even a debate the LT's will further performance GREATLY why do you think people go with them on a stock car over shorties. And you can find headers for a pretty good price around here on the sponsors quite the bang for your buck mod IMO

I picked up .3 and 4 MPH from manifold to LT's in the quarter mile on a stock cammed car.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

to sexytransam:
no your being a lazy ****. the questions you have asked as been talkin bout 572905790 times on this site. do a lil reading and lean bout your car and what you wanna do then ask more specific questions.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
no your being a lazy ****. the questions you have asked as been talkin bout 572905790 times on this site. do a lil reading and lean bout your car and what you wanna do then ask more specific questions.

how much more specific could i get? told yall my mods. asked whats a street friendly setup (upgrade from the mods i have now) told you already friend...dont want to help then dont post. ignorant ****
Old 01-14-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Mail in order tune will do you just fine on a cam only car no need to waste your money on a dyno tune until you gets heads.

And shorties vs long tubes with a cam is not even a debate the LT's will further performance GREATLY why do you think people go with them on a stock car over shorties. And you can find headers for a pretty good price around here on the sponsors quite the bang for your buck mod IMO

I picked up .3 and 4 MPH from manifold to LT's in the quarter mile on a stock cammed car.
Mail order tunes are just cheap ways to tune your car. Dyno tunes are more accurate, esp if you swapped cams. Why should you wait for heads to get a dyno tune?? That doesn't make sense. Dyno tunes can help a complete stock car to a high modified car.

Yes, LTs perform better than shorties. I'm not debating that. I'm simply stating that money could better spent somewhere else. His exhaust set up is fine for the 310 rwhp hes putting down. Sure LTs will help, but a dyno tune would be a better purchase.

Of course you picked up .3 seconds from installing LTs on cammed car. Why would you cam a car with installing some type of headers first? LT1 exhaust manifolds are the worst flowing POS ever designed. Thats crazy that you kept the stock manifolds while running a cam. Oblivious you know what you are doing.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by texas94z
Mail order tunes are just cheap ways to tune your car. Dyno tunes are more accurate, esp if you swapped cams. Why should you wait for heads to get a dyno tune?? That doesn't make sense. Dyno tunes can help a complete stock car to a high modified car.

Yes, LTs perform better than shorties. I'm not debating that. I'm simply stating that money could better spent somewhere else. His exhaust set up is fine for the 310 rwhp hes putting down. Sure LTs will help, but a dyno tune would be a better purchase.

Of course you picked up .3 seconds from installing LTs on cammed car. Why would you cam a car with installing some type of headers first? LT1 exhaust manifolds are the worst flowing POS ever designed. Thats crazy that you kept the stock manifolds while running a cam. Oblivious you know what you are doing.
I ran 11.0s @ 122mph on a "cheap mail order tune" and only gained 15whp on the dyno being tuned by the same guy who wrote my mail-order tune. Yes I made more power than I did with the mail-order, but it worked fine for me for over a year.

And he said he has a stock-cammed car...not a cammed car...
Old 01-14-2011, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by enohtoannn
what are your opinions on a good setup for dd? Just bought a 93 camaro few months ago and right now it has bbk headers, flowmaster exhaust, gutted cat, 3in cut out, lt4 hotcam, and 25oo stall... Looking for more power but street friendly

come on man!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Actually on an LT1 a good shorty or midtube V's a long tube wont make a huge difference untill you start moving more air like adding a stoke or a high flowing head making over 400+ on a 355 or something of that variation. Most people that go long tube don't have cats. The stock Y pipe, EGR crap and cats are what keep the shorties from making the power gains of a long tube unless you remove all the stuff above.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Really??? Damn man so why the hell do we all come back to this site everyday to just find something new to talk about? Site would be dead.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 PM

forgot to mention it has a fast chip and pcm tune also
Old 01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Your post in my throttle body thread was as useless as your posts in this one.

I like this forum because of the NEW posts that I get to read everyday. I've done my share of searching for hours to avoid negative comments from people like you, but I'd rather the OP post this thread than go search. Some people enjoy helping others. The OP was asking about mods and now we have a little debate about tuning and headers. I think interesting to read and sometimes entertaining. Keep it up guys. **** a search!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mguidry629
Your post in my throttle body thread was as useless as your posts in this one.

I like this forum because of the NEW posts that I get to read everyday. I've done my share of searching for hours to avoid negative comments from people like you, but I'd rather the OP post this thread than go search. Some people enjoy helping others. The OP was asking about mods and now we have a little debate about tuning and headers. I think interesting to read and sometimes entertaining. Keep it up guys. **** a search!
thats because your TB thread is just as ****** retarded as this one. if you had used the ****** search you would have found out that you cant go anywhere near that big with a stock TB ya dumb lazy ****.