LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help me pick gear / tire

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Understood, but sometimes there is information out there that is so blatantly wrong it needs to be questioned. I don't know about you, but I've been wrong many times on this forum, but don't feel it necessary to cover up, and try to sleaze my way out of what it is I said wrong.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
M6 car

Originally Posted by Colin91Z
If you run out of gear, add tire.
haha i just saw that in ur sig........you could do that or just go with my philosiphy.......if you run out of gear, rev the **** out of it!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or both
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I understand that, but in the conversation of learning there are those who try to get away with stating things they have absolutely no idea about which adds to the bullshit of learning. It's been the same pattern forever. Those who are fairly new to the forum make ridiculous claims, then try to boast their alleged experience as their defense with nothing to back it up and then they get pissy when called out on their bullshit. If you want to look for bullshit in this thread, look no further.
You should have a clue yourself before you call bullshit on someone who just may know more than you. Now, since you are too incompetent to figure out how to preload the drivetrain on a transbrake car and continue to derail this thread with your lack of intelligence and personal vendetta, I will feed you the info on a silver platter.

Stage the car as if it didn't have a transbrake. Footbrake up to the line as hard as you can and engage transbrake while you hold your foot on the footbrake. Release the footbrake as the transbrake comes off. The energy put into the driveline footbraking will be stored by the footbrake and the driveline will stay preloaded until launch. This can also be done with a linelock wired to the transbrake button for people with poor finger/foot coordination. That is the procedure I used on all 4 transbrake equipped cars I have raced and none of them had any driveline issues while I was driving. Different drivers broke parts on the same cars by not preloading before engaging the transbrake.

Any questions e-thug?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 05HD
You should have a clue yourself before you call bullshit on someone who just may know more than you. Now, since you are too incompetent to figure out how to preload the drivetrain on a transbrake car and continue to derail this thread with your lack of intelligence and personal vendetta, I will feed you the info on a silver platter.

Stage the car as if it didn't have a transbrake. Footbrake up to the line as hard as you can and engage transbrake while you hold your foot on the footbrake. Release the footbrake as the transbrake comes off. The energy put into the driveline footbraking will be stored by the footbrake and the driveline will stay preloaded until launch. This can also be done with a linelock wired to the transbrake button for people with poor finger/foot coordination. That is the procedure I used on all 4 transbrake equipped cars I have raced and none of them had any driveline issues while I was driving. Different drivers broke parts on the same cars by not preloading before engaging the transbrake.

Any questions e-thug?
well there ya go..........i just learned something........i was thinking about it too mechanically and not actually how to do it...........cool man thanks for sharing!!!! my drivetrain will thank you in the spring haha
Old 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Village Troll

Any questions e-thug?

I kind of figured that was what you were getting at, but c'mon. One of the main reasons to use a transbrake is to get away from foot braking and aide in reaction time. Especially with a higher hp car since it can be taken closer to its stall speed w/out having to worry about creeping and dealing with a foot on the brake as part of the "finger foot" technique as you so call it. Aside from your technique, do you honestly think those who race in the 275 class or who chase points actually use your "finger foot" technique before launching? Seriously? What you say makes perfect sense and would work, but is utterly retarded.
What you say in this thread about tires makes sense if you were posting several years ago when taller DR's were not yet available, however a lot has changed with tire technology. No one thought it was possible for a car to get the kind of 60' times that are being achieved now or get into the single digits on a DR, but alas, it has been done.
One question, Senator- Didn't you say you had a fast Supra at one point in time? If so, share some info on it or these other trans brake cars you've raced instead of using a stock LT1 f-body for your only point of reference. Perhaps then you can be believable? Especially with the other gems you've stated in other threads which doesn't do a whole lot for your credibility? Thanks.

Last edited by SS RRR; 02-09-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
Ok. A lot of guys are saying start w a bias ply to dial in, then switch.
You will basically be starting over again. What a bias ply likes susp wise will be different from a radial.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
You will basically be starting over again. What a bias ply likes susp wise will be different from a radial.
Correct!

blah, blah, blah...
I'm not applying for a job so I'm not going to post a resume for you (stalker?). I also don't take polls of 275 racers launch technique. Go find someone else to mess with.

quik95lt1- Glad I was able to share some info. Practice it a few times on test and tunes and see how you like it.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Village Troll

I'm not applying for a job so I'm not going to post a resume for you (stalker?). I also don't take polls of 275 racers launch technique. Go find someone else to mess with.
I did not realize that mentioning some of the cars you boast on this forum would be too much to ask. You resorting to being a diva only brings me back to my original conclusion. I think the only way for you to be left alone is to seek more accurate sources of information you can live through and parrot so it doesn't so much like you not knowing anything of what you type. Just a suggestion.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did not realize that mentioning some of the cars you boast on this forum would be too much to ask. You resorting to being a diva only brings me back to my original conclusion. I think the only way for you to be left alone is to seek more accurate sources of information you can live through and parrot so it doesn't so much like you not knowing anything of what you type. Just a suggestion.
Have we been reading the same thread? You went off on a tirade and have been proven wrong on every single point. I have nothing to prove and I don't boast (or argue) over the internet like you do. You have appointed yourself as the judge of me so, let us hear your qualifications, besides having a loud and smelly M6 1996 SS in your signature. Like how many internet wars have you won? Are you in any e-thug gangs?

Jump off a cliff. Just a suggestion.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For someone who throws the ethug thing around then goes around talking about someone elses car and is against "Internet" fighting. I would like to know what your saying qualifies as?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lawhead
For someone who throws the ethug thing around then goes around talking about someone elses car and is against "Internet" fighting. I would like to know what your saying qualifies as?
Defending myself? What do you do when you get attacked by an e-thug? I haven't found a good internet version of a tazer yet. That is an area where I could use some suggestions. Only thing I said about his car is exactly what it says in his sig. I stick to facts.

Last edited by 05HD; 02-09-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Updated for edited quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Village Troll

I'm not surprised you are now going full diva in this thread.

BTW.. with your other "correct" response regarding how a DR will react differently than a bias ply, is it really that cut and dry? Given an application with the same power level doesn't tire profile come into play or is this another one of your thoughtless parrot/hack replies that you will defend to the death?
I would suggest you consult with your voodoo mojo juju source before responding.

Oh.. funny story about the "smelly loud" reference in my sig. I was in DC parking my loud and smelly SS when two metrosexuals happened to walk behind the car before I shut the engine off. One of them said "that is so loud!" and the other replied "and it smells." I had a good laugh about that for quite awhile and thought it sig worthy.

P.S. Didn't I read somewhere here that you once owned a single digit Supra?

Last edited by SS RRR; 02-09-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO........
that is all
Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 PM
9 Second Club

bhahahahahahah ^

i know seriously take the **** else where this trolling is absolutly rediclious.........stay on topic if you want to argue go get urself some IM screen names and you can duke it out on there..........if anybody else here would like to have a logical discussion I'll be more than happy to participate......if not

and SSS i can understand how you may want to try and police if u feel info is wrong however there is no need to go on and on about it.......i know I always keep an open mind to learning things........and if somebody is wrong i try to discuss it with them instead of bicker........who knows you both may end up learning something new...........the man who thinks he knows everything in essence knows nothing .....

keep it clean guys........
Old 02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

Ditto^^^^^^ That pic is great! right click save!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
and SSS i can understand how you may want to try and police if u feel info is wrong however there is no need to go on and on about it.......i know I always keep an open mind to learning things........and if somebody is wrong i try to discuss it with them instead of bicker........who knows you both may end up learning something new...........the man who thinks he knows everything in essence knows nothing .....
You have your ways of learning and I have mine. There is no policing going on here. This is a discussion. It may not be your type of discussion, but nonetheless it still is a discussion. There were some ridiculous claims made in this thread and spirited debate ensued. I've never been the type to protect or learn from a hack. To each their own.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

You have your ways of learning and I have mine. There is no policing going on here. This is a discussion. It may not be your type of discussion, but nonetheless it still is a discussion. There were some ridiculous claims made in this thread and spirited debate ensued. I've never been the type to protect or learn from a hack. To each their own.
Let us get back on topic, shall we?

I say the OP is going to have far less chance of breaking parts on bias ply tires. Prove me wrong.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Village Troll

Let us get back on topic, shall we?

I say the OP is going to have far less chance of breaking parts on bias ply tires. Prove me wrong.
"Far less chance..."? You don't seem as sure of yourself with your past claims now:

I don't have a huge pile of broken parts and 15 years of experience to back up what I said or anything... You guys have fun shredding driveline parts all over the place because radials are better and you are smarter.
You need a soft sidewall to soak up the shockload or carnage will ensue.
It's already been stated on how there are auto/trans brake f-bodys on a DR that are far faster, generating much quicker 60' times than the OP and using the same driveline parts we all use. If that isn't good enough for you then you are as much of a hack as I thought. Try and keep up.
How about we go at it where instead of you making blanket/sheep/parrot like claims and then ask to be proven wrong, why not do like has been asked and you prove yourself right. Show why it is you can make such claims with confidence.

Last edited by SS RRR; 02-10-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: help me pick gear / tire