LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LS1 Lid Swap with Chrs1313 RA Finally Complete!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Dave!!!
Ill do the swap soon also. Just so sad to see the Ram Air go

BTW how do you let a guy with a 9.6@140mph LT1 trick you into a LS swap. lol
Old 02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
Cool, welcome to the LS1 lid/base club. I think its just me and am_muscl (jason) and now you, that actually have an lid/base setup on their cars. I installed Jasons setup for him. Good to see we know whats up in Chitown!! lol
It was not easy joining the elite club of but seeing it's so popular around us I had to check out all the hype.

Originally Posted by SSmoked1
That looks great!! Exact setup I want but it wont fit under my stock hood. How does it fit with your VFN hood and do you have any pics? (of the hood)
Yeah fitting under stock hood without cutting the core support probably will not happen. It does not fit under my vfn hood without modification, Larry put me on to this body guy that says he can make it all fit and look good under my vfn hood but this car is taking on a new personality so it's time for it to get a new look.

Here is a picture of the hood it's the normal Sunoco not the "Wide" version

I'll get Pics of the new hood as soon as I can get it on.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Looks good Dave!!!
Ill do the swap soon also. Just so sad to see the Ram Air go

BTW how do you let a guy with a 9.6@140mph LT1 trick you into a LS swap. lol
lol I was waiting for the question.

Well see as we know Larry is a good guy and a friend that will do anything to help you out even if you aren't spending money but he is also convincing and he got me, he got me good too cause after I committed to the swap he sold his vette and went back to a LTx setup now I'm back to playing catch up!!

I try to make him feel guilty all the time but it doesnt seem to work. But it's cool I had 3 LT1's before and it was time for something different, this season I plan to run that LTx down!!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
lol I was waiting for the question.

Well see as we know Larry is a good guy and a friend that will do anything to help you out even if you aren't spending money but he is also convincing and he got me, he got me good too cause after I committed to the swap he sold his vette and went back to a LTx setup now I'm back to playing catch up!!

I try to make him feel guilty all the time but it doesnt seem to work. But it's cool I had 3 LT1's before and it was time for something different, this season I plan to run that LTx down!!
I could not pass up the deal on the scrap I purchased, but it went way further then expected. I get **** all the time that I should have done an Ls swap and turbo combo for cheaper then I did my LT setup, but I like it since it runs better then expected.

sorry Dave LOL

Old 02-17-2011, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
I could not pass up the deal on the scrap I purchased, but it went way further then expected. I get **** all the time that I should have done an Ls swap and turbo combo for cheaper then I did my LT setup, but I like it since it runs better then expected.

sorry Dave LOL

Isn't that how it goes? My motor was supposed to stay stock! now look at..... I blame you!!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

haha ya Larry is quite convincing and def a huge part in my builds. All of us got to get to the track for some good old fashioned grudge racin this summer.
BTW Did you hear Meadows might not be happening this yr?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
haha ya Larry is quite convincing and def a huge part in my builds. All of us got to get to the track for some good old fashioned grudge racin this summer.
BTW Did you hear Meadows might not be happening this yr?
Yes we do need to get to the track together I seem to always miss the good weather days!

Rolling Meadows moved from the last I heard to a bigger spot futher north right off of 53 but that was months ago did something new happen?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope its still in Rolling Meadows. I work about a mile from there and was planning on just going after work to the cruise night.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

I was told 53 and lake cook rd which is north of rolling meadows by like 10 mins.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

53 and Lake Cook? what's it gonna be at Grossinger?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Maybe the new Menards?? I heard the Meadows car club that ran it decided not to do it anymore.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Yea the Menards parking lot I guess there's a culvers near by.... Hopefully when it gets closer they will have something posted somewhere.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea the Menards parking lot I guess there's a culvers near by.... Hopefully when it gets closer they will have something posted somewhere.
I love me some culvers concrete mixers!! Chocolate ice cream with brownie pieces!! Although rolling meadows had taco hell which was nice, get a couple tacos, some Mountain Dew and I was all set.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes we do need to get to the track together I seem to always miss the good weather days!

Rolling Meadows moved from the last I heard to a bigger spot futher north right off of 53 but that was months ago did something new happen?
We all usually go to the Speed Inc track day at Byron, IL...Lets make 2-3 full lanes this year...

Oh if we line up together it is only customary for you to block your ram air...haha

Quick Reply: LS1 Lid Swap with Chrs1313 RA Finally Complete!