LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Setup Is Acting Very Homo........!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaycenk
no
More than likley your coolant crossflow tube or the banjo bolts are clogged if you can't get the air out. The best way to bleed these cars when they are clogged is to get the front end up in the air and bleed it that way. My crossover tube was clogged and when I tried to bleed mine I had the same problems with it trapping air in the system. When I put in my 383 i made sure that damn crossflow pipe was clear and it bleed so easy. Car was level and all you have to do is just fill it and start it and top it all off. The crossflow pipe is a real pain in the *** to get to and a bigger pain in the *** if it's clogged. I am a cheap bastard so I spent a week working on that thing and the banjo bolts with brake cleaner, carb cleaner, compressed air and a dremel just because I was too damn cheap to buy another. I did have to buy new seals for the banjo bolts. Most guys go to home depot and buy fittings and to the auto parts stores for rubber line to replace the crossover pipe. I think you can still buy them though. Not sure what it costs though.
dude you hit it on the money!!!!!!...i looked in the hose before and saw wetness,so i thought the crossover tube was flowing.well since u mentioned yours clogged i went outside to do the true test...and long story short not a dam drip came through that hose.so i guess what i saw was condensation or vapor or some ****...so that explains why im having such a hard time getting the air out.any pointers u can give on fixing this?or how critical is it to have it flowing if i was to leave it as is?i appreciate you bringing that up
Old 02-25-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the crossover tube out today....crudded to hell.both banjo bolts were completely blocked.hope the heads didnt get damaged since they werent flowing coolant. so a coat hanger and b-12 cleaner later i got it good as new.hope this is the end of the overheating issue

Quick Reply: New Setup Is Acting Very Homo........!!!