LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

EVAP canister purge solenoid valve DELETE and air DELETE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default EVAP canister purge solenoid valve DELETE and air DELETE

Doing the wire relocation mod and AIR delete and I broke the hard vacuum line from the canister to the canister solenoid valve, so I want to delete it all.

Im assuming with it unplugged it will throw a SES light...will it affect anything performance wise? Does anyone know what resistance it is expecting across the terminals, if I just soldered a resister between the 2 wires to make it think everything is OK.

Can I just cut the purge line at the canister and just let it vent to atmosphere? Or should I remove the canister all together using the "just pull the top and bottom until the canister comes out, youll feel like its breaking but its not" method. Then how do I vent the tank?

With the AIR delete, the 3 wire went back to a little module below the ABS block, with a 2 wire that went to that module, with 1 vacuum line from the AIR pipe. Shoebox doesnt show it, what is that module and what will happen now that its gone?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Doing the wire relocation mod and AIR delete and I broke the hard vacuum line from the canister to the canister solenoid valve, so I want to delete it all.

Im assuming with it unplugged it will throw a SES light...will it affect anything performance wise? Does anyone know what resistance it is expecting across the terminals, if I just soldered a resister between the 2 wires to make it think everything is OK.

Can I just cut the purge line at the canister and just let it vent to atmosphere? Or should I remove the canister all together using the "just pull the top and bottom until the canister comes out, youll feel like its breaking but its not" method. Then how do I vent the tank?

With the AIR delete, the 3 wire went back to a little module below the ABS block, with a 2 wire that went to that module, with 1 vacuum line from the AIR pipe. Shoebox doesnt show it, what is that module and what will happen now that its gone?
No, it will not affect anything performance-wise, aside from the fans being on all the time.

The best thing to do would be to have it programmed out. I have read several threads of folks trying to measure the required resistance, and the PCM still bugs out about it.

You can let the line vent to atmosphere sure, but it will produce a fuel smell. I would recommend removing the line at the rear of the car and put a small filter on the end of it (to prevent particulates from entering the line). The fuel smell would really suck at the front of the car, blowing into your windows while you're moving.

What you are describing with the AIR pump is the additional AIR pump recall components. shbox.com has it on his site. You can still delete everything just fine - just leave a good fuse in the system.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done both of these so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

My fans already are wired to run all the time, but out of curiosity why would deleting the EVAP canister solenoid valve cause them to run all the time?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
No, it will not affect anything performance-wise, aside from the fans being on all the time.

The best thing to do would be to have it programmed out. I have read several threads of folks trying to measure the required resistance, and the PCM still bugs out about it.

You can let the line vent to atmosphere sure, but it will produce a fuel smell. I would recommend removing the line at the rear of the car and put a small filter on the end of it (to prevent particulates from entering the line). The fuel smell would really suck at the front of the car, blowing into your windows while you're moving.

What you are describing with the AIR pump is the additional AIR pump recall components. shbox.com has it on his site. You can still delete everything just fine - just leave a good fuse in the system.

As I've said before a 94 will NOT throw any codes OR run the fans all the time. Not sure where you're getting this
Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

It threw an SES light on my 95 but the fans arent running all the time. The Evap I mean.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Default 94 z28 evap delete

Originally Posted by Phstratton
I've done both of these so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.
I'm trying to delete this on my 94 . I'm not sure of the correct hose to vent. Extra pressure in tank. Changed fuel pump to 255lph.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dub Wair
I'm trying to delete this on my 94 . I'm not sure of the correct hose to vent. Extra pressure in tank. Changed fuel pump to 255lph.
Man, it's been 8 years since I did this...I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer these questions now.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Ok , thx
Old 03-27-2019, 04:24 AM
12 Second Club

I can’t remember much but I do know my vent is now just coiled up and venting to atmosphere. No issues.

Quick Reply: EVAP canister purge solenoid valve DELETE and air DELETE