LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what should my pcv valve be doing at idle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what should my pcv valve be doing at idle?

I'm having issues with blow by. I have a breather where the oil fill tube originally was, a hose running from my pass side valve cover and my pcv valve hose running to a non pressurized hole in my duct work before the blower. I've been starting it and letting it run for only 30 seconds or so for a while trying to find a exhaust leak and when i did drive it, it was not ran for more than 5 min at a time for a while.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the problem?

Alot of blowby means your engine is worn, not that your PCV valve isn't working.

Why can't you plumb the PCV valve according to stock configuration?

You have a breather on the passenger side valve cover, okay. Then you say you have a tube on the passenger side valve cover. Where does that go? On the driver side, you should have your PCV valve coming out of the manifold, then doing a 180-degree bend right back into the manifold. Correct?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the 90 I removed that so I don't presurize the crankcase when the engine is in boost, or that was my thinking. I have the two hoses running into my rubber air intake right before the air filter. I know it's not going to function like a stock engine but it seems to be alot of blowby. the engine is fresh, maybee 5k miles on it. What would happen if i left the 90 elbow on???