LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Chandler Opti took a SHIT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am a fan that they are all complete garbage no matter how nice the guy on the other end of the phone is when i order a new one.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well obviously people only post about problems, parts are usually purchased under the assumption that they will work! Is that assumption incorrect? I just don't see why people are bashing the OP when a $100 opti is a $100 opti.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
well obviously people only post about problems, parts are usually purchased under the assumption that they will work! Is that assumption incorrect? I just don't see why people are bashing the OP when a $100 opti is a $100 opti.
agreed!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Rockstar

Because it is proven to outlast more expensive options. Just because it's cheap doesn't always mean it's trash. China can churn out a good product, ya just gotta look for it, and that's exactly what CM did.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I just don't see why people are bashing the OP
1) Threw ignition parts at a sensor problem

2) Has not yet demonstrated any further troubleshooting
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gojira94
Only code was the pass. side O2? What about the pigtail backing off the opti? You probably wouldn't see that on the side of the road unless you happened to pull up on it to find it had popped out. Just saying you got a couple more troubleshooting steps before concluding it's the opti. Like MattSapp95_T/A asked, any prepping you did to it before the install?
yea the code popped up about 30 seconds before it died.i used a screwdriver to make sure the harness was pushed all the way on with no luck.with good fuel pressure, coil,icm,and no vats...what else is left other than the opti
Old 03-07-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

and no i didnt do any prepping because i wasnt sure if taking it apart would void my warranty or not
Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmartOJ
yea the code popped up about 30 seconds before it died.i used a screwdriver to make sure the harness was pushed all the way on with no luck.with good fuel pressure, coil,icm,and no vats...what else is left other than the opti
Maybe you melted the o2 sensor wires and caused a short? Blew a fuse?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

and for whatever its worth both of my o2 sensors are brand new.i unplugged both of them and it still wouldnt start..so???

and yea its my money,yeah its under warranty but if i want to rant,i can!!!
im not looking forward to breaking the front end down every 500miles for the opti whether it be a cheap or expensive one.

just as whether your 500 junkyard motor pops or your 3000+ motor pops your not gonna be happy about having to pull it right back out...
Old 03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

and for whatever its worth both of my o2 sensors are brand new.i unplugged both of them and it still wouldnt start..so???

and yea its my money,yeah its under warranty but if i want to rant,i can!!!
im not looking forward to breaking the front end down every 500miles for the opti whether it be a cheap or expensive one.

just as whether your 500 junkyard motor pops or your 3000+ motor pops your not gonna be happy about having to pull it right back out...
Hey, I'm not mad at ya for ranting. Go for it, hell go out and kick the car too if it helps. I'm just trying to help you do some troubleshooting before you swap out a possibly good opti.

I'd be even more suspicious of a wiring problem with the info you have provided about the o2 sensors.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 05HD
Maybe you melted the o2 sensor wires and caused a short? Blew a fuse?
dude trust me all the simple things like that have already been looked over.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gojira94
1) Threw ignition parts at a sensor problem

2) Has not yet demonstrated any further troubleshooting
f.y.i..... i didnt throw anything at a sensor problem! i bought the new opti after the cam swap since i was already down there.thank you very much sir
Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

out of curiousity if the o2 voltage is high doesnt that mean the car is rich? so if the opti started breaking up could that have caused the code and perhaps maybe the car shutdown before any other codes could be set?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 05HD
Hey, I'm not mad at ya for ranting. Go for it, hell go out and kick the car too if it helps. I'm just trying to help you do some troubleshooting before you swap out a possibly good opti.

I'd be even more suspicious of a wiring problem with the info you have provided about the o2 sensors.
no hard feelings,but the one sucker that wants to vote for ban and lock can for all i care.

and i guess i have plenty troubleshooting time since i cant get a response from them till after the 9th. "xxxbrand" is out of the office till the 9th..so it looks like i be down for a minute till i at least get the response from them...sigh...

and guys lets make sure we dont say "chandler" anymore since we have some on board just say "xxxbrand" lol

now back to getting me back on board..whatare some other things that that i can check that weren't so "obvious"
Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
So you get a code saying your passenger side O2 voltage is high (meaning its bad), and then the car dies and then you cant get it started. So how is that the opti? Both my O2s went bad on my old motor simultaneously and I remember it not starting and when it did it felt horrible. So replace the O2 first before you point fingers
Bad opti WILL cause fucked up 02 readings.. ask me how I know. My MSD opti is bad and it's throwing a lean left side 02 code if the car runs at all.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
So you get a code saying your passenger side O2 voltage is high (meaning its bad), and then the car dies and then you cant get it started. So how is that the opti? Both my O2s went bad on my old motor simultaneously and I remember it not starting and when it did it felt horrible. So replace the O2 first before you point fingers
even tho it still wouldnt start with them unplugged,,im going to take it back under warranty,plug it in and see if i get anything different.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

i also forgot to mention that yesterday my bud used his inline spark tester while i was cranking the car and there was no spark...i forgot to mention that detail
Old 03-07-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by iWon
Bad opti WILL cause fucked up 02 readings.. ask me how I know. My MSD opti is bad and it's throwing a lean left side 02 code if the car runs at all.
thats why i asked the question i did earlier about the o2 voltage.i thought that the higher the voltage the richer, and the lower the voltage the leaner?so if the opti started to misfire or breakup maybe the o2 picked up on the unburnt fuel.and the car possibly died before the other o2 could read the same..just a guess.i believe my scanner has a freeze frame deal for when it throws a code.im going to see what the voltage was when the code was thrown when i get home today.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Rockstar

and no i didnt do any prepping because i wasnt sure if taking it apart would void my warranty or not
And there you have it, installation error. Take it apart next time and locktite the bolts.

and guys lets make sure we dont say "chandler" anymore since we have some on board just say "xxxbrand" lol
If you are implying that CM isn't a sponsor, the fact is, Chandler Motorsports is actually a paid sponsor, unless something happened suddenly.
I actually have a spare cap and rotor from him sitting on the same desk as this PC I'm typing on.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
And there you have it, installation error. Take it apart next time and locktite the bolts.

If you are implying that CM isn't a sponsor, the fact is, Chandler Motorsports is actually a paid sponsor, unless something happened suddenly.
I actually have a spare cap and rotor from him sitting on the same desk as this PC I'm typing on.
and there we have nothing!!! loctite is not installation error.i wasnt "instructed" to do so from the vendor.
now it very well may be precautionary maintenance,but not installation instructed so lets not get it twisted buddy.

now i came in here to vent a little an look for a little help on getting back on the road...not for the "optispark calvary" to come in here to bash me.but if thats what gets your rocks off be my guest........

and i recommended chandler optis to 2 of my buddies before i actually even needed one....but i guess you're expecting milk & cupcakes since you have a spare rotor and cap...hooray for you.

for anyone else please dont come in here jacking up my thread.please.lets try to stay on subject.i read some of the opti troubleshooting advice on shbox site but i can read a meter under the hood and start the car at the same time...so ill update once i get another set of hands.

Quick Reply: Chandler Opti took a SHIT!!!