Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8s?????

sounds badass and looks like a runner
Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

back on topic....... you have one of the sickest ltx in the country....congrats......p.s. if you ever make it to mn, i want a ride lol
Old 05-11-2011, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Video; Incredible Build! Congratulations!!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

definitely an awesome video...don't think i'll ever have the coin to get that far. Anyways, sweet ride. If it ever makes it to a FL track i wanna see it.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, great build man. Cam sounded pretty meaty. Hopefully you can attend the Shootout in September!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i missed my 6 speed at first.but after 10 passes and running better times youll say fugg that stuppid six speed.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

This car was awesome before and has clearly only gotten better! I vote keep it 6-speed.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Bad ***!!!!!!!!! Great job my friend! Thats a great build. Thank you for sharing the whole process with us.

T Shep
Thanks Tony, and congrats on the GM High Tech cover and spread. That car has earned its place there.

Originally Posted by fex77k
Awesome, what kind of clutch is in it right now?
I was running a spec stage 3 clutch. I am going to switch to a street twin and a SFI bell housing. Now, I know some of you are going to think I am crazy for running the spec, but there was good reason behind it. The main reason was, it was impossible for the clutch to harm the drive train. Think of it as a fuse. It held well into the 700's, and that's not bad . The street twin is violent when rapidly applied, as in clutch drops and quick shifts. I simply didn't want that kind of power application and increased wear during testing.

Manual Vs. Auto? I think that the manual is the best transmission possible for this car 90% of the time. However, I have been told that an automatic would be quicker and more consistent on the 1/4. With that said, this car will stay manual for a little while longer. I plan to see what I can get out of the T-56 without a soft lock and pro shifting. If the car/engine lives long enough it may get a TH-400. I have the transmission already; just need a converter, mount, drive shaft and ring & pinion.

I love the manual. Also, think there is nothing wrong with having both. I don't see why I can't have 2 complete setups. Should only be a 6-8 hour job to swap back and forth after the auto is finish fit to the car. I don't know... maybe I am going too far now

Will it run 8's? Well..... On paper it should, but who knows what is going to happen. This build has taught that nothing will just work as intended the first time out. speed_demon24 is right, it probably will run 12's

As for the shoot out, I just can't say at this time. I would love to go, but I don't know if I can. The truth is, I have a new love. It will most likely demand all of my attention and money. This will seriously slow the progress of the SS. Hopefully, I can get to the track by fall and have some good footage. Perhaps I can have the final video made by winter.

Thanks to all the rest of you for watching the video and for all the positive comments. Subscribe to my youtube page to get new videos as they come out. I have a couple of other projects in the works, I am sure you will enjoy them.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job - thanks for posting results and the video's. They are inspiring.

Quick Reply: 383 LT1 SR cam 88mm turbo HD VIDEO part 6 Dyno tuning