LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best LT headers for the money?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for the hooked/jet hot headers. I installed a set of super comps on my 95 ta about a week ago and the both went in from the bottom with no hammer work and no unbolting the motor mounts. Drop the starter and the passenger side goes in just as easy as the driver. All plugs from top on both sides and the only bolt I had problems with was the very rear passenger side because of my big monkey hands. Lol. Just remember, center bolt holds the header up while you line up the ends and then the gaskets just slide in easy press.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed Daddy's all the way!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

Just bought some speed daddy's for 300$ shipped. Looks amazingggg! (: includeds y pipe also. I'm sure there will be some fitment issues but the pacesetters I have now can go burn in hell
Old 05-10-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

the stainless ones i got off ebay looked amazing. and fit like the OJ glove

shittin out the window and pissin out the window are two different things!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trilkb
the stainless ones i got off ebay looked amazing. and fit like the OJ glove

shittin out the window and pissin out the window are two different things!
People like you are the reason a curtain brand of ANYTHING gets a bad name........there are SOOOO many people running the Ebays with no problems you can't install them now everyone that runs them must be liars??

shut the hell up your point is across that your Ebay headers didn't fit
Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Learn to read befor you bash man, I can quote myself in this thread not saying that. I said some people get lucky and dont have to do anything and they fit perfect. Maybe your reading some sort of sarcasm that wasnt meant to be there?

BTW, thats not installing them either, What most people do is force them to fit.

To me it says alot about the ebay seller. They are taking your money with a smile, and giving you a product that almost fits, but wait! nope! nope! it doesnt fit till you bash in a primary or 2 with a hammer and move your steering linkage over and/or grind your steering linkage down for clearance, and bash in your passenger inner fender so that side fits, take a grinder to your k member and put a nice hole in it...then they fit perfect! And if you have the patience and the drive to want to do that instead of spending a little extra money then they are the perfect headers for you man.

If you, The OP, or anyone else wants to give them your hard earned money, go for it, all im doing is offering my information through my experience. Should well all reply "get ebay stainless headers" to his original post? What are you trying to do with your post.

Dont have a problem with your or anyone, but christ if your gonna attack me for giving information to someone who asks for it then maybe you need to rethink how a forum works.

Last edited by trilkb; 05-10-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

they are basically hooker super comps with a sterling jet hot coating. Yes they have the warrenty papers included in the packaging. As far as fitment go the hardest part is getting them into the car, But like all long tube headers, this is a problem. The drivers side is a little easier then the passenger side. The car needs to be HIGH off the ground to allow clearance to swing the bottoms down to get the tops to slide in correctly. The fitment other then that is great. Compared to my pacesetters i think they fit better, the passenger side isnt near as close to the inner fender as i remember. And the 2 peice #1 primary makes the drivers side vs steering linkage a breaze. Bolting them up is pretty interesting. you have to install some bolts befor others, youll learn which ones they are. my pacesetters reqired this too, im sure any of them do since some primarys are very close to the bolt holes in the flanges.

To me the Hooker Y pipe is what sets them apart, its design looks alot more free flowing then the rest. it looks more like a y instead of a lower case "h" lol.

Im very very happy with mine, I got them when the ebay headers didnt want to fit at all and i was tired of dealing with it. Literally just ordered them a week ago or so. The pacesetters went on a 94 Camaro Z28, the jet hots on a 94 trans am. didnt have to beat any of the jet hots, had to take a hammer to the pacesetters once. The real question is how they work with the engine running and i cant tell you that yet. The pacesetters loved to rattle on the k member or something, i hope the jet hots dont!
Oh so you never said that in this thread huh
Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

You know what, actually now that ive thought about it. **** it. Id also like to add a big old **** you for thinking im the ******* in this case as well. You can think you won, you can think you lost. In the end it doesnt matter who says what. But id like to add why; First im amazed that ive let someone on the internet make me talk like this, Second im amazed that other people buy into the bullshit and think the person who has a problem with it is the bad guy. Third im upset
I cant even put it into a comparable term, because we all think about this differently.

Last edited by trilkb; 05-10-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

vote for ebay, and using the rest of the money for gaskets, header bolts and band clamps.
you'll probably still have enough to get another muffler if you're bored with your current set up lol.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

You know what, actually now that ive thought about it. **** it. Id also like to add a big old **** you for thinking im the ******* in this case as well. You can think you won, you can think you lost. In the end it doesnt matter who says what. But id like to add why; First im amazed that ive let someone on the internet make me talk like this, Second im amazed that other people buy into the bullshit and think the person who has a problem with it is the bad guy. Third im upset
I cant even put it into a comparable term, because we all think about this differently.
wow just a simple "which headers should i get" thread and someone is dropping the F bomb.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen too many stories about having to grind, hammer, etc the ebay headers and LPPs even. Spend the lil extra on the Jet Hots or Pacesetters if you are going value minded. TSP has the Pacesetters coated with a y-pipe for $479. Damn good deal if you ask me. I've never ran a set of the PS but have installed quite a few without issue. I ran a set of Jet Hots on my last car and had great luck with them as well.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Teching In

I just got done installing some pacesetters, once i had the car high enough they literally went right in.... The hardest part was getting all of the old **** off really. Havent drivin it yet because i have a few things that i plan on doing under the car but it sounds great right now! ( I went with the race version BTW so that most likely made it easier not having the stupid EGR tubes sticking out ) The y-pipe could have fit better but it did connect right up to my magnaflow cat-back. payd 422 shipped from jegs for the headers and y-pipe. EGR plates are 30 shipped...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

ive ran pace setters and hookers. **** hooker headers. over priced. i bought a set of coated pace setters and i have had the painted. pace setters fit well and they lasted along time on my DD lt1 and they were just painted.
i would go that route. if your looking for power though you need to buy a nice set. kooks, ARH, texas speed. really need to figure out your future mods. big cams need nice flowing exhaust. if you just want a gain in power and dont really care. ebay or pacesetters
Old 05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Anyone care to share a link to these speed daddy headers? You can PM so it doesnt get deleted like everything else not sponsored

EDIT: Found em
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Launching!

I ended up ordering a set of jet hot headers. Hopefully they will be here soon. I have other problems to work out right now other than just getting my headers on.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by killerz97
I ended up ordering a set of jet hot headers. Hopefully they will be here soon. I have other problems to work out right now other than just getting my headers on.
Bro you won't be dissapointed..I just got these from WS6.com and there are great coating packaging service..I got the emissions one though and look awesome..They have a 3 year free coating and after that you only pay 50% it can't get any better than that..
Old 05-12-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

My pacesetters fit perfect...and the price was even better...
Old 05-13-2011, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Very Happy w/ my coated Pacesetter LTs on my 95. Been on the car almost 5 years now, and coating has held up superbly. Fit and finish was very nice as well.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive had the Hookers (with Mufflex Y), and Pacesetters, Both fit really well adn both needed a ding on the passengers side by the K-member. I do not like the slip fit around the Steering knuckle on the Hookers, continually fought a leak there. With both I was able to change plugs from the top.

I wish they made a mufflex Y for the pacesetters, that thing for the hookers was awesome!!, that merge out to 4 inches is sweet and really affects the way the car sounds. (much deeper)
Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

^ thats one thing that i was kind of skeptical on about the hooker/jet hots, there isnt a clamp for that primary at all. i think its awesome but it sealing could be another story. there are no clamps or anything.

Quick Reply: Best LT headers for the money?