LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Clayton Racing???????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record, it was with Cal Racing Engines out in Nevada. sorry for the confusion. i just needed to vent. I could see how the intials could confuse someone into thinking it was with clayton engines. I have no idea who clayton racing is.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

8 months is pretty silly and to justify it is even crazier. I don't think I could ever have someone build me a motor that wasn't local, because of the reasons stated in here and many more stories I've heard over the years.

For the record though, me and some of my friends built my motor with cheap eagle cast junk and it's been going strong for a couple years now. Only one of us ever built a motor going into it aswell. Not saying I can build a high quality race motor but you'll never know if you can do it yourself if you don't try.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look. im not trying to talk **** or discredit claytons work or any of that. Alls im saying is on a typical sbc build or a stroker it can be. bored,honed,decked,clearenced, and clearenced for bearings, crank checked balanced and polished rods fitted and all together within a couple weeks and thats while busy. in all honest it takes probably 3 or 4 days to do that stuff while working on other engines. now i understand waiting on parts, i work in that industry and sometimes it can down right be f'd. It pisses customers off when you are the middle man.... but damn 8 months...come on.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

i have to agree with JPack, being some one that is orginally from IL i have manny of times come across Clayton Racing engines, and have seen how they perfom. Clayton Racing has always been on the top of my list for a builder and come Dec when i get back to the states i will be geting a 383 shortblock built by them, and knowing that it may take some time. but in the end i know that i will have a top quality engine. and for what i am having built its also at a real good price, one that no other "top" shop could touch.

Quick Reply: Clayton Racing???????